Kill Team: Salvation (Striking Scorpions vs Primaris Scouts)

I'd be surprised if they did release the Scorpions as a five man unit as this is a kill team release first and 40k second. I wouldn't put it past GW though to be honest as the team is being released as an Aspect Warrior Kill Team for the game rules.

I'd love to get both but I expect another round of gone in sixty seconds and the go through scalpers or wait months on end is getting as tiresome as the tactical rocks on bases.

3 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

The kill team squads have also typically only been boxes in kill team themed boxes, in kill team sizes of 10. I don’t see that changing with the Scorpions and Scouts

They have also all been in big boxes with plenty of terrain before which isn't the case anymore so wouldn't be surprised if the individual kill team boxes of 10 changes too. 

Edited by Matrindur

Also the new eldar kill team is supposedly a mixed-aspect team. 5 scorpions could be all you can fit in the team. I think this release will probably tell us what the rest of the “season” will look like, but it’s all already different, so we really won’t know till they tell us, I suppose.

6 hours ago, Nova-V said:

FEC this week, the wait for KT continues ☹️

Will likely be next year now. With the two week preorders the next release dates would be the 23rd, 30th and 6th which are all normally no preorders or just made to orders because of christmas. So preorder on the 30th for release on the 13th January should be the next possible date for Kill Team

12 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Will likely be next year now. With the two week preorders the next release dates would be the 23rd, 30th and 6th which are all normally no preorders or just made to orders because of christmas. So preorder on the 30th for release on the 13th January should be the next possible date for Kill Team

True that they don't usually have much for pre-order on the Saturday before and after Christmas, but 9th Dec (for release on 23 Dec) still seems viable to me and they've been happy to have big-box products up for pre-order that late in both the last 2 years (the Battle for Osgiliath box for MESBG in 2022 and Shadow Throne battlebox for 40K in 2021). Yes 23 December is later than they usually go for the street date of big products but I can't imagine them basically writing off the entirety of December for new releases just because they've moved to 2-week pre-orders.

Edited by Halandaar

48 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

True that they don't usually have much for pre-order on the Saturday before and after Christmas, but 8th Dec (for release on 23 Dec) still seems viable to me and they've been happy to have big-box products up for pre-order that late in both the last 2 years (the Battle for Osgiliath box for MESBG in 2022 and Shadow Throne battlebox for 40K in 2021). Yes 23 December is later than they usually go for the street date of big products but I can't imagine them basically writing off the entirety of December for new releases just because they've moved to 2-week pre-orders.

Its correct that those were also on the 10th and 11th respectively but that was with a one week preorder so releases on the 17th and 18th. Thats equivalent with yesterdays preorders which will release on the 16th. I really don't expect them to release anything on the 23rd

Edit:

Well Valrak just uploaded a new video in which he says Kill Team will be preorder on the 9th so release on the 23rd. So seems I was wrong

Edited by Matrindur

13 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Its correct that those were also on the 10th and 11th respectively but that was with a one week preorder so releases on the 17th and 18th. Thats equivalent with yesterdays preorders which will release on the 16th. I really don't expect them to release anything on the 23rd

Edit:

Well Valrak just uploaded a new video in which he says Kill Team will be preorder on the 9th so release on the 23rd. So seems I was wrong

Rumours are rumours, remember, everything I say is not the word of god, you may be correct :laugh:

36 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Edit:

It could easily go either way. I personally feel like GWs main consideration is "how close to Christmas are people willing to pay for a big release" - if that's the driving motive then the pre-order date is when they make the majority of the sales for new products, so that isn't going to change and 9th December works because it's in the same rough timescale as those previous releases I mentioned.

It might be that whether or not the product is likely to actually arrive with the customer before Christmas is a factor though, and in that case 23 December is probably too late (it would be after the guaranteed-by-Christmas shipping cutoff they usually give). 

I just personally find it hard to believe that GW would choose not to take any significant pre-order money for 4 consecutive weeks if they could do 3 weeks instead.

38 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

My issue with a flight based KT expansion is, lore wise 40k infantry capable of true flight are actually a rareity. Most are controlled descent/ falling and ground based short burst distance burst movement. Elites and heavy support based KT expansions make more sense lore wise. 

True "Flight-Based Infantry" are rare, yes.
Only one that comes into my head rn is Vespids.

But "Jump/Controlled Descent" wouldn't be bad, per-se.

Say, Guard KT which is Elysian Drop Troopers in the same style as the Night Lords (i.e. a Mega Upgrade Kit).
Or Ork Stormboyz (in dire need of new minis imo)
That said, it certainly could just be Vespid team, probably with a new weapons loadout as can you imagine a Killteam of all Flying Mega Shotguns?
That All-"Flying" Harlequins KT was bad enough.

14 minutes ago, Mumeishi said:

@Indy Techwisp -  Flight based - Dark Eldar: Scourges,. Hellions?. AEldari: Swooping Hawks...

I note they're all Aeldari of some sort.

Also, Hellions don't count IMO.
They're clearly mounted units.
(That said, Imagine if they allowed Mounted units back in and put Hellions vs a SM Outriders KillTeam...)

6 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I note they're all Aeldari of some sort.

Also, Hellions don't count IMO.
They're clearly mounted units.
(That said, Imagine if they allowed Mounted units back in and put Hellions vs a SM Outriders KillTeam...)

Tyranid gargoyles