New Necron Overlord

I have to say I don't like it. 

Its a nice model and if it was some special named character or event model it would be great but I don't want crazy special effects and a half translocated body on my generic Overlord

If I was looking at this guy and the new Imotekh I would say this one is the named character and Imotekh is a generic one

Edited by Matrindur

I like it a lot. I can agree that this is the sort of model that would fit something like an anniversary or special event better than being the generic release. I like the concept and I think they did a good job with it, also I'm reminded I need to pick up a new copy of the Overlord with scythe sometime. A proper multi part Overlord set would have bee great though.

22 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Love me some dangly models, but on the Overlord front I would've preferred a fully fledged multipart kit instead of this being the 4th(?) plastic overlord.

5th

-- the "old" one (its not even that old.)
-- Indomitus overlord
-- LE overlord that came out somewhere in 9th
-- Reserve overlord when you make the annhilation barge ( it got seperate legs to use it as a foot overlord, so imho definitely counts.) 99120110013_NecronCatacombCommandBargeRe

While I think this new miniature does look interesting, imho the indomitus one is the one truelly deserving the name. ( though its highly subjective )

And it feels as if this new one almost should have been something different/new

17 minutes ago, Lexington said:

It's a neat idea, but...like...you basically can't even tell what the model is even supposed to be at first glance, which seems like a problem.

Agreed. Not just this guy - a lot of newer models look very busy and confusing. Seems to be the result of using CAD and maybe focusing on increasing the level of detail at the expense of visual fidelity.

It does look cool, but I would have preferred a generic Overlord which could make any of the existing wargear, not another Overlord with fixed loadout. I'm also hoping the reason it hasn't been released for so long isn't that it's an absolute pain to build like the flayed ones or psychomancer.

I guess this also means the lokhust lord is moving to legends in the new codex, I doubt GW will bring back a finecast upgrade kit for it.

Conceptually I quite like it.

Visually unless you're looking at it from the side, it looks more like he's using an anime powerup than in the process of teleporting. I think if they had to insist on it being so D E T A I L E D they should have 'removed' more parts of his body to really sell the effect that he's vanishing.

Edited by Lord Marshal

It's a nice model, but almost all of the new Necrons have been. However, it's a complete waste of a release slot when there's already been 4 plastic Overlords (3 still available) and Lokust Destroyers, Shard of the Nightbringer & Shard of the Deceiver are rocking models that are coming up to 24 years old. If they aren't with this Codex release, they could be coming up to 30 by the time another Necron Codex rolls around.

Come on GW, sort your :cuss: out. Ancient models first, then you can sculpt a million variations of each character like you do with Primaris.

"Spawn more Overlords" is not a Necron phrase :biggrin:

Edited by Toxichobbit

59 minutes ago, son of the forest said:

Would have made more sense as the warhammer+ subscription model

Would have made even more sense as the Warhammer+ subscription model during 9th when Necrons were the poster boy bad guys.

But yes, I completely agree.

2 minutes ago, Sky Potato said:

Would have made even more sense as the Warhammer+ subscription model during 9th when Necrons were the poster boy bad guys.

But yes, I completely agree.

Would also have made more sense as the 40th anniversary model too. At least Necrons have been in the game more than 5 minutes, unlike Leagues.

Hell, this Overlord could have been for any promotional event rather than a standard Codex release.