New Webstore Incoming

So, now my previous remaining virtual vouchers balance has disappeared (showing £0) and - even more concerning - my order of The End and The Death Vol II limited edition has disappeared from my account order details history!! Extremely stressed and frustrated with GW's latest 'improvements'

Update: spoke to customer services on the phone who confirmed its teething issues and order stilll showing on old system and virtual vouchers will be pulled across in due course, so just FYI anyone else with similar issues, don't panic (too much). As always, the communication from GW is ...

Edited by skylerboodie

Change always sucks, but glad they are unifying the two brands. It could help to normalize FW units if people see them alongside the regular stuff for sale, instead of it’s own “Secret club for lore addicts and rich collectors” feel that it’s always had for me.

Does anyone know if they are keeping the $80 free shipping threshold from the GE site? Was looking at getting the new necromunda psyker person, but FW on it’s own had a $160 free shipping threshold which put me off again. Closest GW is 2 hours by car so that’s not really an option either.

5 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

So, now my previous remaining virtual vouchers balance has disappeared (showing £0)

Check your email, they sent two emails about what to do with the vouchers.

Edit: found it

"We are updating how our Virtual Gift Vouchers work – if you have any Virtual Gift Vouchers for Games-Workshop.com or ForgeWorld.co.uk, you need to attach them to a My Warhammer account.

You can do this by following the link below to log in to your account via Games-Workshop.com or ForgeWorld.co.uk, and then adding your voucher to your My Virtual Vouchers page. Please complete this process before 11:59pm local time on Monday the 30th of October, otherwise you will need to contact our Customer Services Team to add the vouchers to your account." 

I think you missed it :confused:

Edited by OpossumStrong

6 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

So, now my previous remaining virtual vouchers balance has disappeared (showing £0) and - even more concerning - my order of The End and The Death Vol II limited edition has disappeard from my account order details history!! Extremely stressed and frustrated with GW's latest 'improvements'

Yeah I already mailed them about the vouchers and didn't even notice my missing order for EaTD2 Limited edition Boogaloo... 

I think this is one of the worst online shop designs I've seen? And I'm a mediocre webdesigner by trade!

Edited by matcap86

Not been able to view the site yet but the screens aren’t promising. Definitely not looking forward to the disruption this is going to cause with orders.

This definitely is the worst timeline when even buying something for your relaxing hobby is stressful…

Also the "Orders" section is purely "completed" orders at the moment - my Fulgrim order isn't showing for example.

Honestly, I don't like the new site, it feels as though they're ramming pictures in my face its zoomed in so much. I'll get used to it, doesn't mean I like it though.

I'm already missing the rotateable model viewer, though I guess the servo-skull image on every page is the universal placeholder.

That said a feature I do really like is the full size pictures below the description so finally i can view the sprues fully zoomed in without any work on my part. Now let' hope they up the resolution of the sprue pictures to use all that screen real estate.

2 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Also the "Orders" section is purely "completed" orders at the moment - my Fulgrim order isn't showing for example.

Honestly, I don't like the new site, it feels as though they're ramming pictures in my face its zoomed in so much. I'll get used to it, doesn't mean I like it though.

I was going to say the same thing... I can't see the status of my last order. 

24 minutes ago, Arikel said:

Does anyone know if they are keeping the $80 free shipping threshold from the GE site? Was looking at getting the new necromunda psyker person, but FW on it’s own had a $160 free shipping threshold which put me off again. Closest GW is 2 hours by car so that’s not really an option either.

Looks like can now get free shipping on Forge World stuff with £40 (UK) minimum basket, which is one positive at least.

20 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

I think this is one of the worst online shop designs I've seen? And I'm a mediocre webdesigner by trade!

I'm not a web designer by trade but did do a degree in computing which involved some web design stuff... This is triggering so many memories of things I was told not to do...

Poking through the code, there are some places which have 100+ pixels of padding between elements (especially visible on the Help pages) which means HUGE areas are just blank. On a fairly normal 1920x1080 monitor, that means nearly 10% of the screen is just dead space.

10 minutes in a 3 minute queue, 404 error at the end, back into the queue for another 10 minute wait. After a few times repeating I tried opening in a new window. Now there's not even a queue, just straight to the 404 and the "Back to warhammer.com" link now sends me back to my browser's home page.

Amazing. :down:

Just implementation problems - they'll get it ironed out, so not the end of the world. I'm far more worried about what I'm hearing of the store layout from others, though without being able to access the store I can't see it myself and see how good/bad it is.

This is the biggest screw up and waste of time and money GW has made in years. Fire the developers, fire the managers that approved this. The mobile version is a nightmare and looks like an Etsy shop. There’s four clicks between you and actual product. The landing page looks like a blog or HR page. If I didn’t know GW scraped the bottom of the barrel with independent contractors to make this, I would say it’s hostile by design. Terrible user experience, terrible layout, terrible menus, just a complete failure. 

Another great example of GW actually being a small company with no professional tech staff and cost cutting being the order of the day. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

I remember the switch to the now old site and the huge backlash that got; it's shocking they managed to make it look good in retrospect.

Imo the best site was the one back during 4th that had all the modelling articles and painting guides.

So, I have mixed feelings here. For starters, the navigation is very poor. The menu that pops up on the left when you hit "Shop" should just be a sidebar imo. It would be nicer to bot have to click multiple times to see everything.

At the same time, merging all their stores is a massive upside, in my opinion. Also, its not like the old store worked very well, especially on mobile. I've had countless frustrating experiences with their webstore. I think if they fix navigation up it'll be a big improvement.