New Webstore Incoming

7 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Usually when they send out a miscast that's on them and they just send a replacement free of charge, but it seems the terms now state you have to return the faulty parts back to them. Quite a bit more hassle for the customer involved. 

I haven't had any experience of miscasts in the last ~10 years, but previously I've had some items replaced no-questions-asked (all were metal models), and others I've had to return to store (I had to return a Tomb Kings battalion box because one horse had a broken tail)

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

Yeah, the new site isn’t better.  :sick:

No further than the appearance of the text being garbage caused me to shift away, and that’s before the automatic videos playing, etc.

I’ll be doing my best to stay off it now - I’m not in their preferred end of the hobby trumpet anyway.

5 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

I haven't had any experience of miscasts in the last ~10 years, but previously I've had some items replaced no-questions-asked (all were metal models), and others I've had to return to store (I had to return a Tomb Kings battalion box because one horse had a broken tail)

Huh that seems ad hoc, I've had almost all FW parts with miscasts just shipped to me again, and got to keep the original set. 

Even some GW plastic terrain that was damaged due to improper packaging I got to keep while they sent a new one. Hence my surprise at this being so explicitly stated. 

I’m not a web designer by trade, but I am a web developer for an enterprise retail organization, and there’s any number of things about this site that would make me get the UX people into a room and ask a lot of questions about what, exactly, they were trying to accomplish and if maybe it’d help to go back and re-think a few things.

27 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

A random thing that caught my eye as they're making quite a big deal of the whole "Customer service, return replace at any time!" thing, so I read the terms and conditions:

Usually when they send out a miscast that's on them and they just send a replacement free of charge, but it seems the terms now state you have to return the faulty parts back to them. Quite a bit more hassle for the customer involved. 

https://www.warhammer.com/en-NL/legal#Terms and Conditions of Sale

returndefects..thumb.PNG.f223a7da4d8b331407d902ca96c82fb4.PNG

Not sure if these terms were always the case, we'll have to see if they actually follow through on this or keep the old customer service standard going. 

That's interesting to note and I'm rather surprised at the implication of returning faulty FW resin for a return; it's not as if they can do anything with the faulty product. This just strikes me as some Exec swinging their corporate bits about and being mean-fisted. Their customer service was also excellent when it came to missing components or miscast models. Admittedly, I also say this because I managed to get replacements from FW  for the Crimson Paladins and a Leviathan Dreadnought after they both had some abominable casting in a couple of components.

The new website commits the cardinal sins of being both ugly and terrible to navigate. Love the post I saw with the analogy of a landlord painting all the walls white. Which corporate mug signed off on this abomination??

They spent all that time/money upgrading their site and haven't touched the content for one of their main product lines – the paints!

For goodness sake, get an intern to paint an intercessor with each color of paint and use those photos to illustrate the product instead of these silly pot outlines. So insane that I have to google for the one shopkeeper who painted a base with each color on each primer and not head to what should be the best repository of sales images!

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 1.07.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 1.46.01 PM.png

43 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

A random thing that caught my eye as they're making quite a big deal of the whole "Customer service, return replace at any time!" thing, so I read the terms and conditions:

https://www.warhammer.com/en-NL/legal#Terms and Conditions of Sale

returndefects..thumb.PNG.f223a7da4d8b331407d902ca96c82fb4.PNG

Not sure if these terms were always the case, we'll have to see if they actually follow through on this or keep the old customer service standard going. 

I believe this has always been there but not enforced. When I had mistakes/miscasts shipped to me I remember seeing that and asking them how to return it, but they told me not to worry. I believe it's there so they have recourse if they suspect someone is lying to get free stuff, but that's just a guess. Hopefully they continue as they have been.

58 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

I actually do prefer the old site, my main complaint for the GW webstores was always the traffic for big pre-orders, I just hope that is fixed!

Sure it will, because no one is going to be able to get past the "WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE" video and navigate the website to find anything

I feel like every time any website gets overhauled, it gets both uglier and less functional. Guess GW couldn't be the exception.

They also seem to have lost an order I placed early this morning (hours before it went down).

I certainly remember when i worked for GW (Long ago!) the T&Cs said you needed to bring stuff back but we never enforced that, just had a few of the better prepared folks bring stuff in based on that, but we just got them the missing/miscast bits as needed generally. 

The old site was WAY easier to navigate than this mess. I’ve always despised mobile sites, they have almost never been better/easier to navigate on a phone than a normal site. I haven’t viewed this on a computer yet, but I doubt it is much better there. As has been stated trying to get to the models you are looking for is much harder than it used to be. I didn’t do it too often, but I did enjoy the ability to filter and browse multiple factions on the same screen which you can no longer do. Also I don’t like having to select a specific space marine chapter just to look through the space marine models.

There are random errors throughout the site. One I don’t know if others have noticed yet is I have orders missing on my account page , including made to order purchases that haven’t been sent yet (which does worry me a bit).

I do like that I can look through forgeworld models without going to a different store. But not at the cost of how bad this is to navigate.

Well I do think that putting it all in one site was the right move, thats all I see they got right.

Several frater have called it unintuitive and I couldn't agree harder. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to get more than like 9 space marine models (it was not the view more button btw, which is another fail, how hard is view all?).  And that is their flagship, poster boy, stuff. The old site had a few things I didn't like but at least it could be navigated successfully. Come on guys I know your a model company not a website company but you'd think you want to sell models....

2 hours ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

I actually do prefer the old site, my main complaint for the GW webstores was always the traffic for big pre-orders, I just hope that is fixed!

Pre-order traffic problems has hundreds of solutions, changing the webstore will probably not going to fix it because of the underlying issues but one can hope I guess.

My main issue for the store outside of the usability flaws is there is no immersion whatsoever. Eventhough it's a storefront It's nice to feel some immerison while browsing, the massive blocks of blinding white space with no flavour just ruin it for me. I used to regularly go in the store just for some inspiration. 

Adding to the chorus - it's too hard to navigate. Unintuitive. Someone said it above and it is a perfect one-word review.

Good that everything is under one roof now but baffling design choices. Oh well, I usually shop FLGS anyway.