New Webstore Incoming

The new webstore is horrible. It looks so cheap and bland. There is no warmth or personality to it. They've rebuilt it to accommodate smartphones and made browsing on desktop/laptop awful.  And yet it doesn't actually offer any substantial improvement when browsing on a smartphone. It just isn't as user friendly as before either. Fewer features too. Maybe in a few years with constant updates it will get better but right now it is a massive downgrade and I will be deliberately looking to move even further away from purchasing from GW directly.  

The whole thing looks like it was done on the cheap with cude AI. 

15 minutes ago, PalatineKnight92 said:

Does anyone have access to their Forge World orders on the new website? Ordered the new Fulgrim Transfigured but don't see it in the orders section. I am trying to figure out if its because the mini doesn't ship till Nov 10th or because I preorder when the sites were separate?

Same. It's because they're currently listing "completed orders". Pre orders aren't complete so aren't shown. On that I'm not worried, it's just frustrating that the functionality is less.

The landing page feels more like a corporate site than a webstore and elements of it are worse, but I feel like the level by which it is worse is being... hyperbolised. Is that a word? It should be a word. Like come on it didn't really take anybody ten minutes to figure out how to see more Space Marines. The actual product listings show for me on desktop in the same 3-column grid that the old site did.

As for colour swatches instead of painted minis, I agree that examples are more useful to me when determining if specific colours are useful to me but swatches allow them to just show you the actual hex value of the paint rather than a painted base which is subject to a bunch of variables and personal interpretation. 

I think, weirdly, the shade of white is different? I'm having less issues looking at the website now than I used to. I do appreciate the product pages having that darker chunk as well, although I wish these things were settings we could do ourselves.

image.thumb.png.a47011a2756fb772d62ce48378e7d6e5.png

Have to disagree there. This is what a bunch of Black Library product pages looks like, for instance. Big, vast swathes of empty page space with clunky, unintuitive overlapping UI elements.

Meanwhile, having to entirely cycle through the hidden dropdown menus to navigate to anything else, combined with an stupidly unhelpful filter system (limiting the filter to specific page categories) is just... bonkers unfriendly..

So I took the plunge and tried ordering something off the webstore, something easy I thought. A box of the new MKIII and upgrades. Half way through trying to scroll through looking for the upgrades I gave up and just got the MKIII

Upon checkout I both got a website error message saying there was a problem submitting the order,  and then an order confirmation email. So I figure I have a 50/50 chance of it showing up.

What an awful user experience though, I went knowing what I wanted and it was not the best, I feel like someone buying Christmas gifts or something would just go find a different website

I hope that the new GW/Warhammer website will become familiar over time and it's just a case of becoming adapted to it compared to the simple and reliable thing that was there yesterday; but first experiences are that it's a steaming pile of dog mess.

As is traditional for GW, they've seemingly spent a lot of time and money fixing something that wasn't actually broken.
Edited by Montuhotep