17th November preview event

I wonder if we'll see much for 40k. I know Orikan the Diviner is meant to be on his way but after Mech and Necrons the next Codex isn't slated until spring, would we see anything for them this early? Maybe a small splash release or just the next couple of kill teams?

2 hours ago, Corswain said:

So I have only skimmed the article but why are we so sure there will be a Heresy reveal when it's not even one of the systems being played? 

Genuine question, not being facetious here.

I think it's just educated guesses based on there being no 28mm Heresy at the last preview and everything on the roadmap for Autumn having since gone up for pre-order (except the delayed Champion who is up on Saturday).

Edited by Lord Marshal

It was when GW talked about the process they used for designing LI models that convinced me plastic Solar Aux is the mystery army. They made them full size first then downscaled and redid the details so the scaling would be perfect. That tells us yes all the solar auxilia stuff has files for making full size molds and then also when the army list came out there were new options for the Malcador and the Mars pattern russ options stayed as well and also a brand new unit entirely with the heavy sentinel, so they def intend to make Auxilia plastic and it seems better timing to do it now with the release of LI and save something like Sisters Expansion for thier 40k codex wave. Either way though I just wanna see it lol.

Heh, if it was based on popularity itd be Mechanicum, and it wouldnt be remotely close, Anathema and Solars are both extremely niche ranges, and both have definite potential out there when they get better support to do better.

As is i think there is a compelling argument both get some development eventually, but the Anathema argument is much more compelling soon wheras the Auxilla could be anytime in the next few years, unfortunately an epic range is no indicator of imminent 32mm models, just look at most of the stuff added via the existing Epic games already.

1 minute ago, Indy Techwisp said:

How many weeks/days out do they normally announce this stuff?

We should see a "What's at the event" image around then

Typically the weekend before. Sometimes a little further out if it's a particularly major event.

40k reveals I think will be minor - as mentioned before, orikan and any other new crons.

Heresy and AoS will get the lion's share with the new assault marines and auxilia. Based on the Halloween video and previous leaks, flesh eater courts for AoS cometh.

Regardless, we really don't have long to wait. I'm really intrigued the see the command squad box for heresy as that has huge potential. However, I don't think we'll see anything that far out as iirc that's a spring release?

Might be worth putting the roadmap image collage up again, everything crossed red is revealed or released, with a question mark with Necron as while from GW there was no indication there is more to it, the other 2 characters where part of valraks 3 character model releases rumor ( third being orikan )updatedroadmap2.thumb.jpg.f0d3be4a72d3f0b14cc35141c7c62f16.jpg

There is still alot to showcase for winter, maybe even too much for this event (as we have more oppurtunities for previews too). Just nothing more for 40k as far as the roadmap goes.

Killteam box 2 is still a possibility though despite box 1 not being released yet, it wouldnt be the first time kill team boxes get released back to back even though they are technically a season apart.

Another likely 40k candidate is if the bunker rumor engines ( with turkey, pie and booze ) belong to a holiday miniature.. that one would be revealed at this preview event I suspect. ( however. it might just as well be for christmas 2024 ;) apparently warhammer community is proud of the long times it takes for rumor engines to be unveiled. :p )

8 hours ago, TheMawr said:

Another likely 40k candidate is if the bunker rumor engines ( with turkey, pie and booze ) belong to a holiday miniature.. that one would be revealed at this preview event I suspect. ( however. it might just as well be for christmas 2024 ;) apparently warhammer community is proud of the long times it takes for rumor engines to be unveiled. :p )

Considering they just showed off the new "Da Red Gobbo" Christmas Miniature (R.I.P any chance of Red Gobbo being treated as an actual useable character), I doubt they'd reveal a second Christmas miniature in the stream.

13 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Considering they just showed off the new "Da Red Gobbo" Christmas Miniature (R.I.P any chance of Red Gobbo being treated as an actual useable character), I doubt they'd reveal a second Christmas miniature in the stream.

Red gobbo has a datasheet and is usable? Or am I missing the point?

On 11/4/2023 at 11:20 AM, Mogger351 said:

Red gobbo has a datasheet and is usable? Or am I missing the point?

Missing the point.

GW have relegated Da Red Gobbo (one of the only notable Grot Characters in the lore) to their Christmas/Holiday character and all his recent models are aggressively festive, meaning he really doesn't fit in the Ork army despite having a Datasheet.

New Kill Team box would be pretty high in probability.  Considering there are only three unallocated weekends left in Autumn to get the first box of S3 out.  However box 1 and 2 were only just over a month apart for S2 and covered Summer and Autumn, so it's no unprecedented.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get a firm month for one of the earlier Codex.

The Boxing Day mini I would think they will hold off to be revealed in a festive post on WarComm.

4 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Missing the point.

GW have relegated Da Red Gobbo (one of the only notable Grot Characters in the lore) to their Christmas/Holiday character and all his recent models are aggressively festive, meaning he really doesn't fit in the Ork army despite having a Datasheet.

Ahh OK, wasn't super familiar with his background and to me he'd always been a bit of a nostalgic silly release guy like grombrindal often is.

After a plunge into ye olde lore, I can see how that's a wasted opportunity.

On 11/2/2023 at 2:44 PM, Noserenda said:

Heh, if it was based on popularity itd be Mechanicum, and it wouldnt be remotely close, Anathema and Solars are both extremely niche ranges, and both have definite potential out there when they get better support to do better.

As is i think there is a compelling argument both get some development eventually, but the Anathema argument is much more compelling soon wheras the Auxilla could be anytime in the next few years, unfortunately an epic range is no indicator of imminent 32mm models, just look at most of the stuff added via the existing Epic games already.

Popularity yeah sure but this is GW they are all about metrics now. Immenint models? I think outriders and regular speeders were rumoured and assault marines and command are def coming everything else is available but they also didn't show new models for things that are clearly getting replaced eventually either like breachers or recons. I imagine what we are seeing is the start of a pattern legions getting less but steady releases and the other factions getting thier core models realeased on yearly basis and I would argue Solar Auxilia would be a hell of alot less niche if you didn't have to spend nearly 200 dollars for basic squad of dirt cheap riflemen. Out of all the armies the one that needs the update the most to actually be profitable is def the Auxilia especially if Mechanicum is still selling despite being resin and expensive. I also still think the sisters of silence stuff is planned for a 40k release wave.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:44 PM, Noserenda said:

Heh, if it was based on popularity itd be Mechanicum, and it wouldnt be remotely close

Maybe as many already have mechanicum armies while Auxilia priced people put for basic grunts? Makes sense to redo these in plastic asap then get to admech. I can't wait for the larger siege automata in plastic...

On 11/5/2023 at 4:48 PM, Indy Techwisp said:

Missing the point.

Definitely annoying there isn't more grot characters (or even units) - but I am looking at the new model and thinking just a change of base will get rid of 90% of what makes him festive

9 hours ago, MegaVolt87 said:

Solar Aux would be an easier move to plastic vs 30k Mechanicum. 

The strong disagree here comes from the fact that solar aux has very obvious and deliberate overlap with 40k guard, which then ends up with the same slew of units/options that exist and look like they should be able to work but don't and will result in range bleed in both directions.

That sounds like a win, but it'll confuse and antagonise people on both sides of the fence in some capacity, just as contemptors leaving 40k has.

Mehcanicum is largely very different to admech visually and is harder to proxy/sub in (i.e. no existing baneblades etc), so there's less overlap, giving them a more distinct profile and guard armies are typically expensive anyway, but a plastic mechanicum army might kick them into peoples budget range.

10 hours ago, MegaVolt87 said:

Solar Aux would be an easier move to plastic vs 30k Mechanicum. 

I think it'd be the other way around. Most of the Solar Auxilia infantry is insanely finely detailed - the painted webstore photos really do not do justice to how ridiculous they are. By comparison, the Mechanicum has a fair bit of stuff they'd probably have a much easier time 1:1'ing over in plastic without losing much detail, at least in terms of some of your basic units like Thallax.

Edited by Lord Marshal

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/07/tune-into-our-next-explosive-preview-direct-from-the-world-championships-of-warhammer/

7 systems over an hour preview... making my current guess :

40k -- Orikan, but maybe he comes in a battlebox vs the Multipart terminator captain with some pariah nexus plot. Explaining the reveal delay on the first and release delay on the latter.

Killteam -- Box 2 of the new season ( could just be a teaser at minimum)

AoS -- Flesheater courts full reveal

WHU -- the new destruction warband ( could also just be a teaser at minimum )

ToW -- Tomb kings stuff I'd expect, possibly only a single character though.

Necromunda -- I honestly have no clue

Horus Heresy -- Considering that already is a pretty full plate for an hour preview, even when going with the minimums.. I think this one might not be the plastic mystery army release yet.. unless ofcourse as someone said previously we maybe should see this as "a release for a mystery army" instead of how it is assumed to read. ( the release of a mystery army )

Edited by TheMawr

1 minute ago, TheMawr said:

Horus Heresy -- Considering that already is a pretty full plate for an hour preview, even when going with the minimums.. I think this one might not be the plastic mystery army release yet.. unless ofcourse as someone said previously we maybe should see this as "a release for a mystery army" instead of how it is assumed to read. ( the release for a mystery army )

A safe bet seems like a painted reveal of the Mk. VI assault squad.

3 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

I think it'd be the other way around. Most of the Solar Auxilia infantry is insanely finely detailed - the painted webstore photos really do not do justice to how ridiculous they are. By comparison, the Mechanicum has a fair bit of stuff they'd probably have a much easier time 1:1'ing over in plastic without losing much detail, at least in terms of some of your basic units like Thallax.

Shouldn’t be too har to redesign the SA to be plastic friendly. They did it with the Krieg units