17th November preview event

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/07/tune-into-our-next-explosive-preview-direct-from-the-world-championships-of-warhammer/

7 systems over an hour preview... making my current guess :

40k -- Orikan, but maybe he comes in a battlebox vs the Multipart terminator captain with some pariah nexus plot. Explaining the reveal delay on the first and release delay on the latter.

Killteam -- Box 2 of the new season ( could just be a teaser at minimum)

AoS -- Flesheater courts full reveal

WHU -- the new destruction warband ( could also just be a teaser at minimum )

ToW -- Tomb kings stuff I'd expect, possibly only a single character though.

Necromunda -- I honestly have no clue

Horus Heresy -- Considering that already is a pretty full plate for an hour preview, even when going with the minimums.. I think this one might not be the plastic mystery army release yet.. unless ofcourse as someone said previously we maybe should see this as "a release for a mystery army" instead of how it is assumed to read. ( the release of a mystery army )

I concur with this. However, as this will probably be the last preview before Christmas, I'd wager that we'll see the "mystery" army for Heresy as well. Be it some snippets/ renders/ acknowledgement of what's coming.

40k - 5 minutes - Orikan. 

Killteam - 5-10 minutes - next box - if they show box 2 then I'd assume we'll see the scorpions/ scouts on pre order announcement this Sunday OR a new rulebook?

AoS - 10 minutes - the courtly kings of the flesh eater court

WHU - 5 minutes - random warband, zero idea what.

ToW - 10 minutes - TK + reveal when it's releasing?

Necromunda - 5 minutes - next campaign book?

HH - 10 minutes - Assault marines + mystery army

Easy as that :D

The big chunks of time will be dedicated to Heresy, Old World and FEC reveal.

Another hint we might be seeing SA: I'm currently reading the end and the death part 2 and it's notable how often SA units/tanks are called out by name. It's a thing that happened before with the warmaster titan suddenly appearing in novels as the model got a release.

I expect Necromunda will likely cover the Tauros Venator for the Enforcers as well, given that's the vehicle they were given rules-wise in the third Aranthian Succession book. The big question will be whether or not it's re-done in resin or plastic.

Also, yes, the last few Siege of Terra novels have name-dropped vehicles quite a bit; including some entirely new ones for the Imperial Army we've never heard of, then some fairly obvious "this is a 40k vehicle back-ported into Heresy", i.e. the Palatine Tank almost certainly being the Rogal Dorn.

My predictions for this event:

40k: Orikan and maybe a "big box" release with him vs the SM character who's still not for sale.

KillTeam: Box 2 teaser at minimum. Maybe a single mini reveal like with the Voidscarred Corsairs.

Necromunda: Whatever Vehicle the Enforcers are supposed to be getting. (So probably a 40k Police Car)

HH: I agree with the interpretation that we may have read "mystery Army plastic release" incorrectly and we get shown one new plastic kit for an existing Army.

Underworlds: Absolutely zero clue. Maybe it's Orruks or something.

TOW: Something for Tomb Kings since we know everything coming for Bretonia now.

AoS: Flesh Eater Courts (a.k.a more Bretonians). Their full wave of new stuff revealed alongside probably another big box. Almost garunteed to be at least 60% of the entire stream runtime as well.

And, throughout the entire stream, the classic Twitch chat response to anything shown with "I don't care about this garbage! Where Space Marines? Give me more Space Marines?"

AOS will also see the reveal of dawnbringers book four and accompanying models. It’s due out only 2 weeks after the event date on top of the flesh eater battletome and refresh

flesh eaters will be the main event since it’s the BIG reveal and they’re rumoured to get their top man himself for the first time

Edited by Deakz28

1 hour ago, matcap86 said:

Another hint we might be seeing SA: I'm currently reading the end and the death part 2 and it's notable how often SA units/tanks are called out by name. It's a thing that happened before with the warmaster titan suddenly appearing in novels as the model got a release.

With one of the new EC RoW it specifies you need militia/ auxilia too which for me, adds further fuel to the speculation fire.

17 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

AOS will also see the reveal of dawnbringers book four and accompanying models. It’s due out only 2 weeks after the event date on top of the flesh eater battletome and refresh

flesh eaters will be the main event since it’s the BIG reveal and they’re rumoured to get their top man himself for the first time

Yeah the Sunking has been mentioned often of late, so that is my guess too.

ToW will be Tomb Kings for sure. I don’t think we will see the full range this time, but most likely a couple of Resin character models.

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

And, throughout the entire stream, the classic Twitch chat response to anything shown with "I don't care about this garbage! Where Space Marines? Give me more Space Marines?"

Then they bring out the space marines and they boo those too!

My predictions and wild speculation:

• 40k: Orikan if the rumours are true. Maybe teaser for the first armies of 2024 and their order of release? Dark Angels are 100% going to get new/updated units since Lion has arrived.
  • Kill Team: Teaser video of next boxset, maybe even a miniature of the factions in it. Rumours say it's Night Lords vs Drukhari Mandrakes. The first as an upgrade kit for normal CSM and the later full update, so that would be very cool to see.
  • Necromunda: More things for Squats? Don't follow the game system, so can't think of anything it would need.
  • HH: Maybe new army? AdMech perhaps. Next Chaos Primarch after Horus and Fulgrim? Although I doubt it will be that soon after the NSFW snake.
  • AoS: Flesh-Eater Courts due to the Halloween video with their battletome, and Dawnbringers 4.
  • Underworlds: New warband to tie with the narrative campaign.
  • ToW: Tomb Kings army reveal like Brettonia last time.
Edited by Jscarlos18

Necromunda has finished it's current campaign books, so it won't be that unless they start a new set. That would be odd given the previous one wrapped up last week, not nearly enough time has passed since the last book dropped to announce a new campaign.

Delaque have not had any kind of content for Ash Wastes. While it's true that the Enforcer Tauros hasn't been previewed yet, it's already known - which isn't usually what they preview at these events. They tend to go for something new for an upcoming release, not just a model that fills in a hole in the previous release. Necromunda has always had a couple of dozen models missing from previous releases, yet those never appear at previews - they just announce them from time to time on WarCom.

I'd expect to see Delaque get a vehicle, as that's the biggest hole in the Ash Wastes content so far. They might include the Tauros as well, though personally I think they'll just drop that on WarCom at some point. And probably something that hints of whatever is coming next now that the current campaign is wrapped up. Hopefully they'll decide to explore a new locale, there's some really interesting ones they were planning to do content for.

1 hour ago, Toxichobbit said:

Delaque have not had any kind of content for Ash Wastes. While it's true that the Enforcer Tauros hasn't been previewed yet, it's already known - which isn't usually what they preview at these events. They tend to go for something new for an upcoming release, not just a model that fills in a hole in the previous release. Necromunda has always had a couple of dozen models missing from previous releases, yet those never appear at previews - they just announce them from time to time on WarCom.

I'd expect to see Delaque get a vehicle, as that's the biggest hole in the Ash Wastes content so far. They might include the Tauros as well, though personally I think they'll just drop that on WarCom at some point. And probably something that hints of whatever is coming next now that the current campaign is wrapped up. Hopefully they'll decide to explore a new locale, there's some really interesting ones they were planning to do content for.

Thats actually a good point..

missingdelaque.thumb.jpg.39a9f2edfcebcc9bed344ae1d3296a9a.jpg

I think the robots are the enforcers equivalent Ashwaste plastic kit.. with the venator likely being a resin release akin to the squat vehicle ( necromunda resin releases have no real "pattern" among each gang, and are usually revealed on warhammer community.. not preview shows.)

However Delaque do not have one yet ( nor an ashwaste upgrade kit the other gangs got unless Im missing something.).. I think some sort of drone would also fit..

but most of all..

it might be something creepy/nightmarish just like Tomb kings, Necron, Killteams rumor, Ghouls... and whu (confirmed to be destruction) has a very high chance of being either spiderfangz or more krule imho, both fitting that theme.

Does Horus heresy currently miss any character that also fits that nightmare theme ? (mind you, this speculation is only half serious, more in good fun... while GW had a "themed" preview event before, the theme wasnt so on the nose then either I think.)

11 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

The strong disagree here comes from the fact that solar aux has very obvious and deliberate overlap with 40k guard, which then ends up with the same slew of units/options that exist and look like they should be able to work but don't and will result in range bleed in both directions.

That sounds like a win, but it'll confuse and antagonise people on both sides of the fence in some capacity, just as contemptors leaving 40k has.

Mehcanicum is largely very different to admech visually and is harder to proxy/sub in (i.e. no existing baneblades etc), so there's less overlap, giving them a more distinct profile and guard armies are typically expensive anyway, but a plastic mechanicum army might kick them into peoples budget range.

See my other post on the first page. 30k solar Aux is a 30k army, IG is a 40k army. The range is clearly separated these days and GW have gone out of their way to not cross sell. No Imperial Armour book for new PLASTIC HH tanks, dreads etc. 30k Solar Aux will have clear branding and packaging indicating they are a 30k force. They don't even exist in the modern Imperium in the lore. 

10 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

I think it'd be the other way around. Most of the Solar Auxilia infantry is insanely finely detailed - the painted webstore photos really do not do justice to how ridiculous they are. By comparison, the Mechanicum has a fair bit of stuff they'd probably have a much easier time 1:1'ing over in plastic without losing much detail, at least in terms of some of your basic units like Thallax.

Why would Solar Aux plastics be 1:1 with the resins? The solar aux were hand sculpted by a guy who no longer works at GW/FW. Plastics will never capture the same detail as a hand sculpted model cast into resin. Silicone moulds fill better with resin vs metal moulds with plastic. Same reason a kit like the EC phoenix termi's would look completely different if done in plastic as another example. LI solar aux were done in CAD, and GW have said LI designs are based on 28mm scale then shrunk to LI scale. So, the 28mm CAD files for solar aux already exist. If LI had previewed mechanicum instead first, I would say the new army would then be 30k mechanicum done in plastics then. 

10 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

LI solar aux were done in CAD, and GW have said LI designs are based on 28mm scale then shrunk to LI scale. So, the 28mm CAD files for solar aux already exist. If LI had previewed mechanicum instead first, I would say the new army would then be 30k mechanicum done in plastics then. 

I can assure you thats not how it works... you could do it, but it makes the work tenfold more time consuming, and completely unnecessary. For designers "scaling" isnt always a physical action. When I worked on gameboy games Id also talk about scaling down, as would my employers etc. but you dont literally scale down a picture of a character to 16x16 pixels, its highly impractical. You conceptually scale down. And imho, thats what they meant. ( even though technically the words can be interpreted both your or my way )

However, lets assume that it IS how they do it.. that GW has to make the actual full CAD 28mm first, then rescale and then re adjust to the new scale.

This means that all the LI designs have an extra lead time on top of the 28mm design time... each LI model taking twice the amount of time of a 28mm model ( that now thus exist halfway the process)

GW already said everything (or almost everything, Im not 100% sure) in 28mm HH will also come to LI, Wich basically means that this argument doesnt just support solar auxilia, it also becomes a valid argument for everything else, or at least an unknown (to us) but non insignificant sum of everything else... as they are not going to wait years after the initial release to start introducing other factions, so the 28mm CAD files for alot of them have been long ready for production. The concept-design-produce-marketing-sell process is not 1:1.

There are plenty of arguments to be made for why the mystery army release ( if the roadmap sentence is interpreted correctly at all) must be Solar Auxilia... but for me personally this one, wich is the most repeated one, just isnt it.

The timing with LI does give a valid argument though, but its not so much a production but rather a marketing/consumer psychology one. GW might want to fully exploit the play your battles through both systems promo-speak. And while, apart from a few things, the Solar auxilia already do exist as 28mm models.. the full resin nature of the range creates a barrier, not in the least the price, for people to jump on that hype... its a weighing of pros and cons.. do you want less people hyped to buy your existing resin products, or take the investment to get more hyped in a new plastic one.

Its the same reason why GW likes to sell new miniatures via books ( codexes, campaign books.) or games despite the profits on paper and cardstock products being far lower than plastic (or resin, or metal for that matters.) dont ask me why it works like that for consumers, but it does.. Ive seen it with all the miniature companies Ive worked for. The sales spike is quite significant and thats just for smaller companies.

12 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

I can assure you thats not how it works... you could do it, but it makes the work tenfold more time consuming, and completely unnecessary. For designers "scaling" isnt always a physical action. When I worked on gameboy games Id also talk about scaling down, as would my employers etc. but you dont literally scale down a picture of a character to 16x16 pixels, its highly impractical. You conceptually scale down. And imho, thats what they meant. ( even though technically the words can be interpreted both your or my way )

However, lets assume that it IS how they do it.. that GW has to make the actual full CAD 28mm first, then rescale and then re adjust to the new scale.

This means that all the LI designs have an extra lead time on top of the 28mm design time... each LI model taking twice the amount of time of a 28mm model ( that now thus exist halfway the process)

GW already said everything (or almost everything, Im not 100% sure) in 28mm HH will also come to LI, Wich basically means that this argument doesnt just support solar auxilia, it also becomes a valid argument for everything else, or at least an unknown (to us) but non insignificant sum of everything else... as they are not going to wait years after the initial release to start introducing other factions, so the 28mm CAD files for alot of them have been long ready for production. The concept-design-produce-marketing-sell process is not 1:1.

There are plenty of arguments to be made for why the mystery army release ( if the roadmap sentence is interpreted correctly at all) must be Solar Auxilia... but for me personally this one, wich is the most repeated one, just isnt it.

The timing with LI does give a valid argument though, but its not so much a production but rather a marketing/consumer psychology one. GW might want to fully exploit the play your battles through both systems promo-speak. And while, apart from a few things, the Solar auxilia already do exist as 28mm models.. the full resin nature of the range creates a barrier, not in the least the price, for people to jump on that hype... its a weighing of pros and cons.. do you want less people hyped to buy your existing resin products, or take the investment to get more hyped in a new plastic one.

Its the same reason why GW likes to sell new miniatures via books ( codexes, campaign books.) or games despite the profits on paper and cardstock products being far lower than plastic (or resin, or metal for that matters.) dont ask me why it works like that for consumers, but it does.. Ive seen it with all the miniature companies Ive worked for. The sales spike is quite significant and thats just for smaller companies.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/24/legions-imperialis-designer-interview-just-how-did-they-make-these-tanks-so-small/  I think we are both somewhat onto something in that context. Considering that, Solar Aux in in LI are different from the resins and existing unit designs. So, 28mm CAD files could exist which the LI ones would be based off. It doesn't make much sense to have the LI scale be very different from the 28mm versions, so yes more than hitting shrink on the 28mm file would be happening- though the 28mm CAD file is certainly being used as a frame of reference. Also reminder- solar Aux were hand sculpted, makes sense to make a 28mm CAD file, then a version of that for LI instead of just a stand alone LI CAD file, GW is working forwards, not backwards with LI designs. 

I wouldn't read much into Legions Imperialis. We've had tiny plastic versions of Marine and Imperial Navy planes for years now, but none of them - especially the former - seem to be close to releasing in 28mm. Not forgetting that the Fire Raptor and Storm Eagle are two of the most reviled kits among even hardcore Heresy fans. 

Also this is the GW who pretended World Eaters were still works-in-progress they were developing as they previewed CADs, five minutes before giant leaks revealed everything was 'Eavy Metal painted and photographed. What they say in fluff pieces doesn't always directly corelate. 

7 hours ago, Joe said:

I expect Necromunda will likely cover the Tauros Venator for the Enforcers as well, given that's the vehicle they were given rules-wise in the third Aranthian Succession book. The big question will be whether or not it's re-done in resin or plastic.

Also, yes, the last few Siege of Terra novels have name-dropped vehicles quite a bit; including some entirely new ones for the Imperial Army we've never heard of, then some fairly obvious "this is a 40k vehicle back-ported into Heresy", i.e. the Palatine Tank almost certainly being the Rogal Dorn.

I had the same thought on Munda.

Enforcer Tauros venetator

36 minutes ago, Triszin said:

I had the same thought on Munda.

Enforcer Tauros venetator

Probably that and then either the Promethian Guild or the Guild of Coin parties that still need models. 

7 hours ago, MegaVolt87 said:

See my other post on the first page. 30k solar Aux is a 30k army, IG is a 40k army. The range is clearly separated these days and GW have gone out of their way to not cross sell. No Imperial Armour book for new PLASTIC HH tanks, dreads etc. 30k Solar Aux will have clear branding and packaging indicating they are a 30k force. They don't even exist in the modern Imperium in the lore. 

What is the differences between a SA and a 40k Russ, basilisk, baneblade, infantry squad etc? Excluding boxart.

25 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

What is the differences between a SA and a 40k Russ, basilisk, baneblade, infantry squad etc? Excluding boxart.

Solar Auxilia infantry are armored like Tempestus Scions, though their regular lasrifles aren't as good as Scions hot-shot ones. Some of their vehicles are alternative models compared to what modern IG have; they were originally FW produced variants for the specialist regiments like DkoK, such as the more armored Basilisk or having what are now extremely rare guns like volkite turrets. 

Functionally, they would be a variant of Scions for 40k, as they are a better trained, more well-equipped army of baseline humans. They fought differently than Scions, for while Scions are generally deployed as special forces squads/force multipliers in fairly small numbers, the void armored-SA would fight in massed tercios of lasrifle infantry backed up with squads of special weapons and tanks/artillery pieces. Think of them as Scions but with the rest of the Guard's support pieces attached. SA (or SA equivalent formations) also made up around a quarter of the Imperial Army in the Heresy, so they were not as "elite" as the Scions are within the 40k IG. 

Edited by Lord_Ikka

1 hour ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Solar Auxilia infantry are armored like Tempestus Scions, though their regular lasrifles aren't as good as Scions hot-shot ones. Some of their vehicles are alternative models compared to what modern IG have; they were originally FW produced variants for the specialist regiments like DkoK, such as the more armored Basilisk or having what are now extremely rare guns like volkite turrets. 

Functionally, they would be a variant of Scions for 40k, as they are a better trained, more well-equipped army of baseline humans. They fought differently than Scions, for while Scions are generally deployed as special forces squads/force multipliers in fairly small numbers, the void armored-SA would fight in massed tercios of lasrifle infantry backed up with squads of special weapons and tanks/artillery pieces. Think of them as Scions but with the rest of the Guard's support pieces attached. SA (or SA equivalent formations) also made up around a quarter of the Imperial Army in the Heresy, so they were not as "elite" as the Scions are within the 40k IG. 

But largely, a good chunk of the vehicles are armed, armoured and named the exact same as their 40k counter parts (at this point), the infantry are easily fieldable as 40k either scions or guardsmen. Most of the additional options such as the armoured basilisk, medusa, malcador etc. Have or have recently had 40k rules and models from FW or GW in some places historically.

Releasing SA as a contained and defined army explicitly for 30k with no crossover, as was the point raised, is simply not viable outside of the most token intent.

My predictions for the Reveal Show:

• WH40K: Everyone saying Orikan, definitely possible. I'm thinking we might also get a hint on the next big campaign, and I'm still convinced its Armageddon. At some point in 10th edition I think its going to be an important location...
  • Kill Team: Doubt they will show the full next box, but we might see a miniature from a future Kill Team and a book preview. Hope Valrak is correct about Night Lords vs Dark Eldar
  • Necromunda: Delaque Ash Wastes stuff, possibly a hint on a future setting (Hive Secundus, The Skull or Port Blackwater?) Would be cool if they take us to the Slag Sea!
  • Horus Heresy: Full reveal of MkVI Assault Squad, as that was in the same Roadmap slot as the 'Mystery Army Release' in plastic. If the 'mystery army' does mean a full new plastic faction, could be Ad Mech or Solar Auxilia, I have no idea.
  • AoS: Not sure, most likely Flesh-Eater Courts.
  • The Old World: Tomb Kings reveal I hope - similar to the Bretonnian reveal on the previous show.
  • WH Underworlds: New Warband - have we had the Chaos one yet? Also due a Destruction one with a Rivals Deck
Edited by Cyrox