10th Ed New Stuff Speculation

Indy Techwisp

I hope there's god specific detachments that make it worthwhile taking mono god armies 

Usual stuff like nurgle being more resilient khorne hitting harder etc would be cool as well as more enhancements etc 

However I hope they give more access to stuff like decent antitank as currently the only reliable ranged antitank in the army is solely tied with tzeentch whilst ones like nurgle have literally nothing unless it's soul grinder melee or hoping to get wo in nds from lethal hits

Really hope they buff the Greater daemons especially strength as just annoying stuff like GUOs are only Str8 so can barely scratch T10 or more 

I'm not entirely sure whether this fits in with 40k's lore as it were, but IMO a "simple" new addition to the Daemons roster would be something akin to Chaos Furies.

Some kind of small, Chaos Undivided Daemon to serve as fast chaff for the bulk of the army.

On 11/5/2023 at 12:56 AM, Tokugawa said:

At least 6 detachments, 1 similar/identical to current one, 1 for each god, 1 for monsters bash.

It's possible that rather than a Monster Mash detachment, we instead get a "Forge of Souls" detachment with daemon engines as the focus 'cause Vashtor is still the new "big player" on the block.

Furies have long had a place in 40K lore, being around since at least the 3.5 edition chaos (space marines) codex - though they may well have existed going back into 2nd edition.  I think undivided demons originally were envisioned as having a much bigger role in the overall chaos roster (as they always have in the background or "fluff") and that eventually other undivided demons were to join the furies on the table top.  Unfortunately, that never did occur and furies were eventually dropped, probably in part because they didn't fall into the "4 god" framework adopted by the evolving 40k - and almost certainly not helped by their models being old, dated, metal and only having 2 pretty ugly poses.  By the time plastic models rolled around as part of mixed kit for a different system, it was too little, too late.

So, while I too would like to see their return, without a renewed focus on undivided demons accompanied by some new units, I don't see a return as there really isn't a place conceptually for them.

4 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

It's possible that rather than a Monster Mash detachment, we instead get a "Forge of Souls" detachment with daemon engines as the focus 'cause Vashtor is still the new "big player" on the block.

Vashtor's faction keyword is "CSM". If GW want to make a big plan in 10th and promote him to a leader of a new army, that army would be "dark mechanicius", not your daemon. 

• 4 months later...

It is odd to me, that given their are no creative limits for Chaos Daemons, they have such a small and limited range for each of the Chaos Gods. Maybe in 10th that will chnage and they will get a big expansion. Not gonna lie, it is getting a tad tedious to keep on using my superior yellow Astartes to send the same units back to the warp. I need fresh things to fist for the emperor.