Asmodai, Master of Repentence

2 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

The smoke is optional, which means you can tone down the business.

Yeah, I saw the pictures without it... I do like that character kits now have some options, like Ghaz and Mortarion have two poses, the Lion 4 different heads.

Some people like busy/blinged out models, others don't. Without the smoke he looks kind of small on that base.

11 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

I like it. Glad they gave the option to not use the smoke, hard effect to paint. It's not perfect but it's really cool and I will be picking one up. 

Definitely, reminds me of a complaint Vince Venturella made once, "stop making me paint air!". Sometimes it can look good but it is tricky and dependent on the painter, otherwise it looks likes some ooze stapled on.

nothing on him really screams headchaplain to me, he feels like any veteran with gaudy robes at this point. Why not make him more imposing like in the artworks? The smoke is overdone and weird, pose is just couple cad adjustments without tactical rock and weapons are nod to older model with same loadout, plus the blades on his hip from last model we got.

Grand_Master_Asmodai_Interrogation.jpg

Edited by Jukkiz

Another character on an oversized scenic base in an awkward pose.  At least when FW does it there's an insert for normal sized base.  I got the same issue with Helbrecht. At least Calgar kinda takes up that much space. The sword in the helmet kinda bothers me too since the DA aren't suppposed to be all about hunting the fallen anymore and the way he's holding it is just wierd all casually cradling it but then again Primaris weapons tend to bother me anyway cuase of how bloody huge they are there's no way these are the same weapons they used as Firstborn. Try sticking one on a heresy marine they are so big it would make Gutz feel envy.

On 11/19/2023 at 7:32 PM, DarkMark said:

The smoke being optional is good, tacticool rocks never seem to be. The bit that really ruins the model for me is the mace arm. Why is he holding it so far up the shaft ? Also, surely, he'd be holding his arm down with the other being raised? Really odd and a massive shame. 

Very much in agreement with this. I would perhaps consider losing the helmet from the base and sticking the sword in the ground, replacing that hand with a finger marking out a target or something. Would make the pose of his right arm a little more natural feeling, I think.

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

Its a perfectly natural way to hold a mace when you are carrying but not swinging it, its where all the weight of the thing is after all, makes it a lot less awkward.

With the other hand forward resting on the sword handle I'm not sure he'd naturally have his arm raised so much though, just doesn't look like it would be entirely comfortable.

Admittedly it would be much less heroic to just have the hand hanging by his side!

I just read the the Asmodai article on Warhammer community and realized that, apparently, the Lion is keeping the interrogator chaplains.  I guess he doesn't want to tire out his arm dispatching the heretics.

"As the Dark Angels’ Master of Repentance, it’s Asmodai’s job to secure confessions from those Fallen who are far beyond the redemption offered by Lion El’Jonson, and he performs the job with unsurpassed zeal. Wielding the sword Catechist and the crozius Censure, he hits the battlefield like a force of nature, rousing his comrades’ fighting spirit with bellows of pure hatred while seeking out enemy leaders for a not-so-friendly chat."

26 minutes ago, crimsondave said:

I just read the the Asmodai article on Warhammer community and realized that, apparently, the Lion is keeping the interrogator chaplains.  I guess he doesn't want to tire out his arm dispatching the heretics.

"As the Dark Angels’ Master of Repentance, it’s Asmodai’s job to secure confessions from those Fallen who are far beyond the redemption offered by Lion El’Jonson, and he performs the job with unsurpassed zeal. Wielding the sword Catechist and the crozius Censure, he hits the battlefield like a force of nature, rousing his comrades’ fighting spirit with bellows of pure hatred while seeking out enemy leaders for a not-so-friendly chat."

They were around when he was there last, so not surprised he'd repurpose them to a new task. They were part of/associated with the Firewing back in the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy.

The focus of the Firewing was on infiltration and intelligence gathering, so in a way, the interrogator chaplains haven't much changed over time.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion