Asmodai, Master of Repentence

On 11/19/2023 at 4:03 AM, Jukkiz said:

nothing on him really screams headchaplain to me, he feels like any veteran with gaudy robes at this point. Why not make him more imposing like in the artworks? The smoke is overdone and weird, pose is just couple cad adjustments without tactical rock and weapons are nod to older model with same loadout, plus the blades on his hip from last model we got.

Grand_Master_Asmodai_Interrogation.jpg

That’s because he isn’t the head chaplain. That’s Sapphon.

2 hours ago, Harleqvin said:

That’s because he isn’t the head chaplain. That’s Sapphon.

No one gives a crap about Sapphon though so it's still kind of a fail. A better pose would have gone a longer way than a large unnecessary base and an homage to art no one remembers. Especially since his post is largely irrelevant now on account the fallen are being redeemed and the Dark Angels are entering a new era he's kind of a relic and was a real candidate for a special character they could have killed off for dramatic gravitas instead of elevating to primaris like the rest of endless procession of old characters they don't seem to wanna let go. He's like the old racist uncle of the Dark Angels chapter at this point.

9 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

No one gives a crap about Sapphon though so it's still kind of a fail. A better pose would have gone a longer way than a large unnecessary base and an homage to art no one remembers. Especially since his post is largely irrelevant now on account the fallen are being redeemed and the Dark Angels are entering a new era he's kind of a relic and was a real candidate for a special character they could have killed off for dramatic gravitas instead of elevating to primaris like the rest of endless procession of old characters they don't seem to wanna let go. He's like the old racist uncle of the Dark Angels chapter at this point.

I care about Sappphon , and while his pose could be better, it's not bad. Also,  I would be sad if he got axed.   I don't have an old racist uncle, but if I did I wouldn't want him dead.   Are you okay? 

Edited by farfromsam
English is hard

Not to mention there still are Fallen that unironically follow Chaos, he and all the other Interrogator-chappies will now just have to wait until Dad talked with 'em before they can torture them to death make them confess and repent. Also we still don't know where Luther is so they could arguably inquire about any large gatherings of Fallen (that is if Azrael spills the beans).

14 hours ago, farfromsam said:

I care about Sappphon , and while his pose could be better, it's not bad. Also,  I would be sad if he got axed.   I don't have an old racist uncle, but if I did I wouldn't want him dead.   Are you okay? 

Hey if it serves the plot and results in a major death wich we apparently haven't had since oh... Armageddon with Tycho then yeah kill the bastard. Unless Belial is dead wich I doubt.

3 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Hey if it serves the plot and results in a major death wich we apparently haven't had since oh... Armageddon with Tycho then yeah kill the bastard. Unless Belial is dead wich I doubt.

Belial was only recently appointed to his position in the 13th black crusade. The previous Grand Master isn't all that long dead.

That said, the discussion of killing characters off is usually an impasse, as it usually is <not X faction players> always wanting <X faction> characters to die for their amusement. Which is basically why GW doesn't do it, as there's no benefit to humor players that won't buy the things.

46 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Belial was only recently appointed to his position in the 13th black crusade. The previous Grand Master isn't all that long dead.

That said, the discussion of killing characters off is usually an impasse, as it usually is <not X faction players> always wanting <X faction> characters to die for their amusement. Which is basically why GW doesn't do it, as there's no benefit to humor players that won't buy the things.

Not to mention that it's highly likely that Belial will just cross the rubicon anyway so he can stand tall with the new Death Wing Terminators

Just now, ZeroWolf said:

Not to mention that it's highly likely that Belial will just cross the rubicon anyway so he can stand tall with the new Death Wing Terminators

For some reason, he's always the one people fixate on for that. Which is a bit strange, as at say the Great Rift, Marbas invading the rock and Luther escaping, he's been on the job for less than a year.

19 hours ago, Gamiel said:

They killed of Yarrick recently you know

You and I both know that Yarrick is not dead. Come on. Show me the body. They can't kill off minor astartes and they are gonna kill off Yarrick. Nah man. We are supposed to believe the most iconic guard character of all time was killed offscreen by angron? yeah nah man.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

On 11/28/2023 at 10:19 AM, OttoVonAwesome said:

Hey I give a crap about the old poses and love the homage to the old artwork.  I for one am happy that they are making primaris versions of established older models.  

I don't mind them Primaris-ing some of the older Astartes models, but at the same time they are missing a prime opportunity to be creative and develop new characters, story threads etc.

I like this model, although the smoke is a bit much. 

The new Deathwing Knights terminators look boss. Chunky, angel motifs everywhere and the re-cast helmets are all a win for me.

1 hour ago, TrevorLoLz said:

I don't mind them Primaris-ing some of the older Astartes models, but at the same time they are missing a prime opportunity to be creative and develop new characters, story threads etc.

I like this model, although the smoke is a bit much. 

The new Deathwing Knights terminators look boss. Chunky, angel motifs everywhere and the re-cast helmets are all a win for me.

Borz is a perfect character for them to introduce in, were they to decide it. They've started to develop him in the lore, I think they'd do well to run with it.