Night Lords Kill Team

13 hours ago, Castellan Wulfrik said:

I know I'll get some pelters for this opinion, but I'm not really sold. I generally like everything that comes with the upgrade sprue, but I don't think the Legionary kit makes a good base for Night Lords. At least not the Night Lords I have in my head. There's too much trim to the point where the brass almost becomes almost the primary colour rather than the midnight blue. Which is then exacerbated by all the flesh and additional bits further detracting from the focus on the blue. Again I think the upgrade sprue itself is good and a single squad to go alongside the Red Corsairs I've had in limbo will look nice but I wouldn't want to build an army around them. 

I'm going to hold out hope for 30K plastic upgrade sets for the legions which I hope will offer more of what I want aesthetically. I also think this would be a better solution than going to the trouble of making a full upgrade set for every non-god aligned legion in both 30K and 40K. 

Overuse of trim and “fiddly crap” has been an issue with Chaos for a while, and is why I use a lot of old and FW models in my army, but it is what it is. I still remember when the Heldrake first released and was really strong, but I refused to buy one because painting all of the stupid zigzag trim everywhere would be a nightmare (and the model looks like dragon parts glued to a plucked turkey.)

All of that said, I think that Night Lords are the type to “bling out” their armor like this, both to help instill terror, and as a reflection of each individual’s ego. Legions like Iron Warriors and Alpha Legion could really benefit from some cleaner kits, however.

2 hours ago, Blight1 said:

Could probably use some of these bits on mk6 or 3 marines.

Hope we see this turn into kits for all the legions just like what loyalists got.

I really want special characters and Word Bearers 

Bound to happen now that I have just started painting up a Legionary Kill Team as Word Bearers :biggrin:.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, crimsondave said:

How long has it typically taken for the separate kill teams to come out after the boxed sets?

Secondary market probably your best bet for quick access, box breakers will go after this hard.

12 hours ago, crimsondave said:

How long has it typically taken for the separate kill teams to come out after the boxed sets?

11 hours ago, Redcomet said:

That has fluctuated a lot. So hard to say. 

11 hours ago, Bouargh said:

Last time scouts and scorpions were on pre order something like 6 week-end after salvation release if I remember...

Normally, the separate Kill Teams (and Warbands for Warcry which follows the same release pattern) come out at the same time as the next bundle box, so anything from 2 to 6 months later. For example, the standalone Cities of Sigmar and Ogre warbands for Warcry go up this weekend, and the box they launched in (Hunter and Hunted) came out in October. 

Scouts and Scorpions were a bit unusual in that they released earlier than the next KT box and had a much shorter turnaround, so hopefully that becomes the new norm, but impossible to be confident about it.

If you want them soon, best bet is box splitters on Ebay; their prices are usually not actually any worse than the eventual RRP (although obviously you may prefer to wait for FLGS discounts) 

21 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Scouts and Scorpions were a bit unusual in that they released earlier than the next KT box and had a much shorter turnaround, so hopefully that becomes the new norm, but impossible to be confident about it.

Indeed. We may wish/hope that this pattern may be repeated this time again on excuse of the close CSM codex release ... Which would make the NL conversion sprue for the spiky Marines a nice box to come along...

22 hours ago, Halandaar said:

If you want them soon, best bet is box splitters on Ebay; their prices are usually not actually any worse than the eventual RRP (although obviously you may prefer to wait for FLGS discounts) 

The reason I guess: 40K marine is always the most important sale for GW. Due to whatever reason, new scout kit missed marine codex launching window in 2023Q4. The market demand was already there, GW couldn't make marine players waiting too long.

And here comes the WarCom article. Some nice close up pics and details of the sprues.

Flayers, Poisoners, and Prophetic Powers – Getting Under the Skin of the Nemesis Claw Kill Team - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

There are probably enough extra heads and paultrons in order to customize a additional Havoc squad or some CSM characters...

I wonder if I will not succomb to this KT finally...

Edited by Bouargh

99070101040_WSPrimarisUpgradesTransfers0

This NL upgrade has similar volume to generation 1 primaris chapter upgrades(actually two copies of one sprue), but much more varied and stylish. 7 years later though.

It has smaller sprue and fewer bits than BT/DA upgrades, so if it get retail version(I doubt it, GW may force you to buy a copy of legionnaire kit to acquire the upgrade sprue), it should be lower than £21.