Updated 40k Codex Release schedule

2 minutes ago, Toxichobbit said:

I see Guard players are getting shafted again. That's two editions in a row where their Codex has been released in the second half of the edition. I'm sure people love playing with out of date rules for the majority of an edition.

Everyone loves to play with outdated rules! Even better when you get a downgrade when your codex finally arrives... At least your chances are higher that the codex creep already has kicked in if you are in the second half. 

1 minute ago, Zoatibix said:

Could be fitting as either Grey Knights or an Inquisition supplement?

The Inquisition isn't an independent Faction anymore, they have been bundled together with the Assassins, Rogue Traders and Imperial Navy stuff and are now called Agents of the Imperium, which honestly with how little they have even as a group they more fitting for a WD than an actual Supplement.

2 hours ago, mecanojavi99 said:

3 detachments would definitely work for the DA with 1 for each wing.

That sounds reasonable. Probably something similar would suit Blood Angels too. Angelic Host, Death Company and Flesh Tearers.

18 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Could that redacted codex be the Emperor's Children release that we're rumoured to have before years end?

Seems unlikely that we would see EC so soon after World Eaters. Also are we sure "redacted" means a new faction? It could simply be GW's equivalent of TBC.

1 hour ago, Karhedron said:

Seems unlikely that we would see EC so soon after World Eaters. Also are we sure "redacted" means a new faction? It could simply be GW's equivalent of TBC.

To be fair we got Death Guard less than a year after Thousand Sons, so it's not impossible. Of course the former were the headliners of a new edition, so maybe it's different.

My money is still on a dedicated Imperial Agents Codex though.

7 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

My thinking would be that they absolutely know who is coming out, maybe till 2025. 

Now, an exception just popped into my head that it could be the eldar, with the reason of "redacted" being if they need to delay it (on seeing if any of their fixes are working). If they need to delay it, we will have never known it was coming.

Redacted doesnt mean its something "special" or did they say something in that regards  in the show ? In the past they just used it when they felt its too early to say wich codex it is yet,  similar to the aos roadmap using blanco books.

I do think its one with a bigger amount of releases as i dont think sob and gsc will, so either eldar, votan or astra militarum. ( when following rumors )

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Snail speed. If the idea is only a 3 year edition cycle, the codex cycle shouldn't take 2.5 years then. What a joke.

It's what has driven most of our group to play 90% of our games as 30K. The other 10% we're building up the steam for "7th ed without relics, decurions, & formations" and have been having an absolute blast. Will be doing a lot more for sure.

Not to mention the dumbing down of points, wargear, etc... in 10th souring everyone's tastes; but that's a whole different story.

4 hours ago, Borbarad said:

Maybe just 3 instead of 6 unique detachments? Wish they gave us some rules previews today. 

They're not due until spring so that was highly unlikely. We didn't even get a tease for the new winter army for heresy so spring rules weren't going to happen really.

4 hours ago, Toxichobbit said:

I see Guard players are getting shafted again. That's two editions in a row where their Codex has been released in the second half of the edition. I'm sure people love playing with out of date rules for the majority of an edition.

When you’re in the guard that’s just your lot in life.