Kitbashed Gaurd

Primarch Betalio

2 hours ago, Primarch Betalio said:

I play Space Marines,Militarum and Chaos...what's an easy unit to kitbash out of spare bits? Thanks

Cultists make up a "Fine enough" Infantry Squad, especially if you're willing to get in there and scrape off the iconography.  Paint em orange like their stuff is jumpsuits, call em Penal Troopers to anyone who asks.

I'm personally looking for an Ogryn replacement.   I just don't love them, and would much prefer like, an exo suit baseline human or something else.

15 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

I'm personally looking for an Ogryn replacement.   I just don't love them, and would much prefer like, an exo suit baseline human or something else.

Have you looked at the Necromunda range? There is a lot of interesting stuff there, in terms of Ogryn count as possibility, slave ogryns aside, there are for example Ambot, Enforcers, or Goliath Stimmers. Slightly further out but I could stil las the basis for conversion are Ridge Walkers or maybe the plastic Van Saar rig

It's funny you both mention Necromunda, I was looking at some of the kits just the other day while noodling around at the store.  In fact the Ambot is exactly what I picked up, but I thought they'd be a little big.  That's when I realized I don't think I've ever seen an Ogryn model in the flesh, so I might just grab a box to have as a standard, and then start picking around.  I really need to figure out a theme first before I try anything too heavy; right now everything is just basic Cadian.

18 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

It's funny you both mention Necromunda, I was looking at some of the kits just the other day while noodling around at the store.  In fact the Ambot is exactly what I picked up, but I thought they'd be a little big.  That's when I realized I don't think I've ever seen an Ogryn model in the flesh, so I might just grab a box to have as a standard, and then start picking around.  I really need to figure out a theme first before I try anything too heavy; right now everything is just basic Cadian.

My converted Ambot next to one of my Ogryn (and a Primaris Marine).

image.png.ce5b0e327eabfb0c453ac721c75bdaf0.png

Bear in mind that I adjusted the ambot arm to hold the spear, used spare dread parts to give it more impressive shoulder pads and put the shield plate on the arm instead of where it normally sits.

So the Ogryns are slightly taller, the ambot slightly bulkier but they both fit on 40mm

21 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

Cultists make up a "Fine enough" Infantry Squad, especially if you're willing to get in there and scrape off the iconography.  Paint em orange like their stuff is jumpsuits, call em Penal Troopers to anyone who asks.

I feel the same about ogryns, and I’m kitbashing AoS ogors.