Thousand Sons Librarian Consul

Interesting to see that they are are using the Mk IV design more or less “as is”. Compare to the likes of Fafnir Rann, who shares design elements with the newer Mk III sculpts. So it could suggest that either the suspected Mk IV resizing/resculpt isn’t happening any time soon or that they will stick pretty closely to the current plastic design (unlike the Mk III redo).

Time will tell, I guess.

Dallo

I think MK IV will be next year. I've noticed they've definitely modified the recent MK IV, with like Lucius, the SoH Preator and this with some scaling changes. My guess is for now, they're sort of bridging the two so these don't look too out of place with either the old kit or the new kit.

Last week we got a Stormseer Consul representing the Chapter that pioneered the "Take the cup but only sip" style of Psyker Magic the future Librarians would utalise.

This week we get a Thousand Sons Librarian representing those who realised the warp existed,

:cuss:ed about and found out.

I bet next week we get a HH era Rune Priest representing those who 100% aren't psykers bro they're just using the energy of the planet while being half way across the galaxy trust me bro.

In all seriousness tho, the TSon Libby looks amazing and I'm considering getting one to use as a Sorc in 40k.

Edited by Indy Techwisp
Correcting Spelling issues

7 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

This week we get a Thousand Sons Librarian representing those who realised the warp existed,

:cuss:ed about and found out.

And fittingly no psychic hood on him either. Guess hubris runs in the family over in the fifteenth. 

2 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

Yeah that’s gorgeous. 

Also technically the first generic power armoured Thousand Sons character, right?

There already was a cataphractii praetor. But non character non terminator, yes this is the first. And he's gorgeous.

14 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Very nice model, i wouldnt get too excited about Mk4 though, thats always been the Ksons brand since armour mks were introduced :D 

You know, its touched on a bit in Inferno but I always found it funny that despite only being somewhat small for a Legion (80k is not that small), the TSons seem to have been one of the best equipped and supplied Legions pre-Prospero.

Its sort of amazing given that Magnus seems to have a difficulty opening his mouth without putting his foot in (for occult or structural support purposes, I assume).