If I Were a Moral Man - Angron WIP

Guiltysparc

11 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

Looks good, pics are nice and crisp !,

I’m inspired by your topic so I am building Angron today (copying your build method of doing subassembly sections) 

:thumbsup:

Cheers, M 

Nice!  Only thing I'd change is I wouldn't have glued his hair on.  You can see a bit of the body under it even after the top of his armor is attached (which I didn't realize).  Not a huge deal but keeping it separate would have been a little easier.

Are you going to make a thread for him?

Haha I glued the hair on already :tongue:, yeah when he’s undercoated I’ll start a thread here should be probably Friday when I’ll have him put together and undercoated(Christmas holidays and children takes up a lot of what would’ve been hobby time :sweat:

he’s at this stage -

IMG_9323.thumb.jpeg.7feac8f6397ad29fd385e5c9a483454b.jpeg

and the wings-

IMG_9326.thumb.jpeg.d207d165109e614a0891c16f9a402fdd.jpeg

do you recommend textured basing (Agrellan earth etc) after? or before? the undercoat…  

cheers, M

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

The great work begins!  

For the texture paints, I like to put them on before I spray the black undercoat since I like to paint over it. Also, I'd recommend putting some thinned down pva glue over top the texture paint after it's dry to help keep it in place when you dry brush it.

Alternatively if you don't plan on painting it you can just put down after the undercoat/whenever you want.

Edited by Guiltysparc

Very nice :thumbsup:, I like the subtle transition from red skin to screamer bone  !! 
the wings are really popping, they will look great on him. (I’ve undercoated my Angrons body and base today, it’s paint night at a mates tonight so Angron will be getting a lick o paint tonight :cool:

really looking forward to seeing these wings glued on !! 

Cheers, M 

And then there were wings!

20231230_142200.thumb.jpg.f7f4d89af4f2715dbbfb8042a5afadd8.jpg20231230_142221.thumb.jpg.182a30429f97e3563dd9d065a2b68d87.jpg20231230_142236.thumb.jpg.ac3461b6ef904a6c1ff56c07b8a00820.jpg

20231230_142825.thumb.jpg.8a6f308139ca4c01035f450649d31a54.jpg

And then here you can see where I missed on the hose alignment (right side).  I thought I had these pretty good when I assembled them with the wing, but this side was a little off it seems.  Plus I misaligned the wing just a smidge (small gap between the body and base of the wing that you can't see without light on the other side), so those two things came together for the big miss on the hose.  Such are the perils of working in super glue lol, alas.  Still, stoked with how he's coming together.

20231230_142807.thumb.jpg.0dac8c7840b6de5c22dc1524b9236022.jpg

Edited by Guiltysparc

Just wow, he looks huge now with the wings attached !!, so the left wing hose pipe was the trouble one ?, I left mine off and just put a tiny spot of blu tac on both joints so hopefully mine will still be a pain to put on but won’t have this hitch :sweat: , as Firedrake Cordova said  it’s not that noticeable unless you were aware of it. 
Damn those wings look great though !! :cool: ….

soon we’ll get to see the weapons !! :laugh:

Cheers,M 

Started to work on the arms, got the skin dry brushed and blocked in some of the black, but then it occured to me that if I put these on next, getting the little hoses that go with the chest armor attached would be a real pain, so I've pivoted to finishing up the chest armor and getting that on.

20240101_152347.thumb.jpg.6b8f104236a192499a03383a74d909e1.jpg

Looking great There,:cool:+:thumbsup: 

Wow, just the top Shoulder Armour Plate & the arms left and You're done!!. I love the chest work and necklace I myself left off that Skull necklace (going to use it as a standard topper :tongue:) as I thought that area was a tad bit busy there as well... 

He looks like a scary Bird of prey in the Bottom pic without his arms :ohmy: 

great work Bud, encourages me to work on mine this weekend !! 

Cheers, M 

Edited by MithrilForge