If I Were a Moral Man - Angron WIP

Guiltysparc

12 minutes ago, MithrilForge said:

Nice work :thumbsup: I can’t get over that your painting is so very neat !, 

Also, nice chipping effect on the pot holding the arm :tongue::laugh:

cheers, M

Thanks!  The veins are actually really prominently scupled off the skin, so you can hit most of them with the flat of the brush pretty well.

1 hour ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

He's coming together very nicely. :smile: 

From the looks of things, you're getting close to finished?

Ya, pretty close.  The the other armor panels are already about 90% since I did all the brass at once.  So I just have the leather flappy things on the shoulder pads, chains on the vambraces, and miscellaneous bits on the top armor.  So ya, closing in!  Once the arms are done, the last parts will go super quick.

Agreed, it looks great, simple yet very effective, looks great with the  shoulderpad on it too :thumbsup:,  that forearm guard is very well done ! 
I’m Working on my Angrons skin tonight so thanks for the motivational pics :laugh:

cheers, M 

Edited by MithrilForge
Spelling >.<

Awesomesauce :thumbsup:  Yeah he's a Great Model... younger me from the late 90's would never have dreamed that I'd get a Primarch for my models back then (I loved the old school berserkers) ,

I was sorely tempted to leave off the shoulder pads and have bare shoulders with plug points exposed, But they're too nice to leave off :tongue:...

Yeah after seeing your pics here I'm Super fired up now to go home and start painting (work finishes in 2 hrs !! home, dinner, play with son and then scoot him off to bed then it's ANGRON TIME :wub:)

Thanks for sharing Bud !!

Cheers, M 

6 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

Awesomesauce :thumbsup:  Yeah he's a Great Model... younger me from the late 90's would never have dreamed that I'd get a Primarch for my models back then (I loved the old school berserkers) ,

I was sorely tempted to leave off the shoulder pads and have bare shoulders with plug points exposed, But they're too nice to leave off :tongue:...

Yeah after seeing your pics here I'm Super fired up now to go home and start painting (work finishes in 2 hrs !! home, dinner, play with son and then scoot him off to bed then it's ANGRON TIME :wub:)

Thanks for sharing Bud !!

Cheers, M 

I was also tempted to leave of the shoulder pads, the one that isn't the legion icon anyway, but ya, they go really well with the rest of the model.

1 hour ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

He looks great. Is it just the last arm to do now? :smile: 

Yep, need to finish the leather strips on the axe arm shoulder pad and then the other arm and the miscellany on the top part of the armor (some skulls and metal spikes).

I've been doing a little of the sword arm as I had the paint on the pallet from this arm, so the skin is all done on that arm, so mainly the sword is left and cables and small bits.

Even though I painted up the pad I may end up doing that as well, Although I've got to probably make the shoulder look a bit more striated with fine musculature lines though :happy:. a bit like a bodybuilders Delt's - 

shouldermuscle.jpg.f6487489553fc8fe1ea9986e2dbd6220.jpg

Cannot wait to see how yours looks though :thumbsup:... 

Cheers, M

Edited by MithrilForge

Thanks! I decided on that flinty grey for the blade since the entire rest of the sword is metal.  On the chains i did a couple layers of shading but on the hilt/guard, just one, to try to make it a little different from the chains.  Lots of silver/metal on this arm.

I need to reverse highlight the skulls and glaze in some red on the blade, but we're getting pretty close now.  Another two sessions and he'll be done i think.