The Advent (Rumour) Engine 2023

Welp, I don't want them phasing out the current Krieg range for more plastics, so I kinda hope it isn't.

...but it looks very much like it is.

I have a lot of DKK now though, so I can't be too disappointed. 

14 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

Welp, I don't want them phasing out the current Krieg range for more plastics, so I kinda hope it isn't.

...but it looks very much like it is.

I have a lot of DKK now though, so I can't be too disappointed. 

Yeah, I have the same feelings. Part of me wants to see the Grenadiers return but I'm also really concerned about the plastics having re-designed elements like plastic kill team. There are people out there who make classic style bits for that kit so it's not much of an issue. My biggest worry would be the Death Riders and GW just making them a rehash of the Rough Rider kit or an upgrade kit without the special mount the Kriegers use.

32 minutes ago, MoriyaSchism said:

Yeah, I have the same feelings. Part of me wants to see the Grenadiers return but I'm also really concerned about the plastics having re-designed elements like plastic kill team. There are people out there who make classic style bits for that kit so it's not much of an issue. My biggest worry would be the Death Riders and GW just making them a rehash of the Rough Rider kit or an upgrade kit without the special mount the Kriegers use.

Honestly Grenadiers would be a best case scenario, as the models outside of the special weapons seem to be long gone, and not coming back.
Which clearly has nothing to do with the age of the models, I assume something bad happened to the masters.
Tiny Legends does good stuff, but I still prefer the scaling, poses, and details of the originals. 

Replacing Death Riders would suck. They're my favourites out of the lot.

As soon as we get any inkling that they might be being replaced, I'd pick up at least one more to convert a commissar. Maybe another squadron as well. 

41 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

Honestly Grenadiers would be a best case scenario, as the models outside of the special weapons seem to be long gone, and not coming back.
Which clearly has nothing to do with the age of the models, I assume something bad happened to the masters.
Tiny Legends does good stuff, but I still prefer the scaling, poses, and details of the originals. 

Replacing Death Riders would suck. They're my favourites out of the lot.

As soon as we get any inkling that they might be being replaced, I'd pick up at least one more to convert a commissar. Maybe another squadron as well. 

Same on my end. I'll be watching the Advent Engine like a hawk for any sign of that. A squadron of Death Riders is on my list along with the Vulture and Valkyrie Sky Talon.

Thinking about it, since the decals used from the Kreig decal sheet are just the ones saying there's a minefield, would it be too out there to suggest that while it's 100% a guard mini being teased, it doesn't have to be Kreig as they only used the decal warning of a minefield rather than any specifically Kreig transfers?

47 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Thinking about it, since the decals used from the Kreig decal sheet are just the ones saying there's a minefield, would it be too out there to suggest that while it's 100% a guard mini being teased, it doesn't have to be Kreig as they only used the decal warning of a minefield rather than any specifically Kreig transfers?

While it undeniably will be a very GW move to make a specifically Krieg decal sheet and then proceed to use it on unrelated release, do we have examples of 'Eavy Metal team using decals for box art from other kits?

Edited by Sarges

5 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

A full Krieg release with Grenadiers, Engineers, a Command Squad, and Heavy Weapons Team would be sick. I sincerely hope Valrak is right. 

Can't be a full Krieg release without Death Riders, including Death Rider Command Squad, Commissar and Squadron Commander.

Bonus points if we also get a Quartermaster, a Marshal and a plastic Hades Drill.

And absolute dream would be the return of Karis Venner.

So, a part of a wing, a smouldering skeleton, a minefield sign and.. a fallen tree?

Hmm, this obviously looks like a multi-model diorama in the sense if „the Triumph of St Katherine“.

It’s „The Desolation of St Nikodemus“  or I‘ll be damned.. :biggrin:

On 12/2/2023 at 4:07 PM, TheMawr said:

Actually for 40k it could be corteaz his eagle.. the scale seems small enough ( but not too small) for a pet for its size.

I hope each 2 rumor engine next to each other is related to each other... so we get more context later. My heart knows they didnt think it trough that much though.

@Chapter Master Valrak before you applaud yourself too much in the video that will revolve around this theory :whistling:

But to add to that, it could be that to avoid a similar pose with the ordo xenos head inquisitor ( her name escapes me.) his eagle is on the base or seperate, as in this rumor engine :

2023-09-19.jpg

Wich would explain a Plaguebearer skull ( maybe it being hornless might be the result of photoshop editing more telling details away, though I dont think they really do that.)

However the Burning skeleton Advent rumor engine's "purity seal" endings have the same shape as the fur cloak ones. And Im not sure where that fits except for necromunda (edit)

Edited by TheMawr

32 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

@Chapter Master Valrak before you applaud yourself too much in the video that will revolve around this theory :whistling:

But to add to that, it could be that to avoid a similar pose with the ordo xenos head inquisitor ( her name escapes me.) his eagle is on the base or seperate, as in this rumor engine :

2023-09-19.jpg

Wich would explain a Plaguebearer skull ( maybe it being hornless might be the result of photoshop editing more telling details away, though I dont think they really do that.)

However the Burning skeleton Advent rumor engine's "purity seal" endings have the same shape as the fur cloak ones. And Im not sure where that fits except for necromunda (edit)

The "twin-tailed" seal parchment is really common on the new AoS Cities range, and Black Templars (although BT mainly use metal seals instead of wax nowadays).

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

The "twin-tailed" seal parchment is really common on the new AoS Cities range, and Black Templars (although BT mainly use metal seals instead of wax nowadays).

I know there is that too, but I try to avoid too many AoS theories here.. so, as far as B&C speculation is concerned if something has a hypothetical 40k element.. the AoS elements go to the background .. if that makes any sense. Naturally wings, bird legs on a plaguebearer skull, Furcloaks and a burning mutant skeleton have their place in AoS too and there are equal or more chances its for that range.

For example, the likely candidate for day 5 RE is AoS ( Sylvaneth.)  but I'd argue we actually see the branchlike horns of Rudolph the rednosed Reingor with a chainsaw for christmas 2024 ( more likely 2025 the way special edition miniatures and rumor engines go.)

( this last part edited in after seeing the new likely AoS rumor engine)

Edited by TheMawr

I think they explicitely said that chaos.. especially the daemonic elements (wich I assume includes any cult dedication) would be on the backburner for WHFB/TOW as a setting, so its probably much less likely to be for that as it would be for 40k.

AoS might be a good chance though, maybe even Skaven clan pestilens ( who if you are not aware, have gone full Nurgle keyword in aos.) as this mini avoids the bloated arm of nurgle trappings.

If 40k ( related ) I could see it being that daemon on a palanquin of nurgle, one of the last resin daemon miniatures after intensive updating, the biggest reason for this is because the loose pages of the book seem to be resting in place, not flying away, wich means the carrier either sits in a chair or have some sort of table next to it.

Still wouldnt be a 40k specific release, but I think he still is in the codex.