Black Library Preview - 09/12/2023

cWgmy2WX1sOe16kS.jpg

Exactly what it says on the tin.

There’s a festive treat for Warhammer fiction fans this Saturday, as the annual Black Library Preview returns with huge new titles, author interviews, miniature reveals and more.

It all kicks off at 2pm on Saturday the 9th of December – with appearances from such literary luminaries as John French, Jude Reid, Mike Brooks, Guy Haley, and Marc Collins.

We’ll have more surprises along the way, as we reveal new tales from Warhammer 40,000, the Horus Heresy, the Age of Sigmar, and the World of Legend.

Edited by Lord Marshal

It'd be nice if we could get something that isn't 40k / HH-related miniature-wise for 2024. The weighting is wack right now.

[40k]  - Eisenhorn (2018)                
[40k]  - Severina Raine (2019)
[AoS]  - Gotrek Gurnisson (2019)
[40k]  - Valerian and Aleya (2020)
[40k]  - Uriel Ventris (2021)
[HH]   - Dominion Zephon and Fafnir Rann (2022)
[40k]  - Captain Vitrian Messinius (2023)

Callis and Toll (CoS) are probably the best odds for getting this year's minis, I think. They've had some of the better BL books, plenty of mentions in Battletomes, campaigns and WH+  Hammer and Bolter episode. Them or maybe Trayzn? There doesn't seem to be any 40k characters that get consistent focus recently?

Callis and Toll definitely seem to be the obvious pick this year, unless they drop another Heresy model to coincide with The End and the Death Part III... though for some reason I doubt it.

8 minutes ago, LSM said:

Is "the World of Legend" a term for WHFB, or something else? (Funny that they wouldn't just say "The Old World", for consistency in branding if that's the case...)

I don't know what else it could be honestly. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

2 minutes ago, LSM said:

Is "the World of Legend" a term for WHFB, or something else? (Funny that they wouldn't just say "The Old World", for consistency in branding if that's the case...)

I thought WHFB was "The World that Was"?

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

It'd be nice if we could get something that isn't 40k / HH-related miniature-wise for 2024. The weighting is wack right now.

Well, this year was the 20th anniversary of a certain well beloved Commissar (and his friend with poor hygiene).

My bet's on Caiphus Cain being the Miniature reveal ('cause we've already got Gaunt's Ghosts as book characters on Tabletop, might as well get the other famous Commissar as well...)

18 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Well, this year was the 20th anniversary of a certain well beloved Commissar (and his friend with poor hygiene).

My bet's on Caiphus Cain being the Miniature reveal ('cause we've already got Gaunt's Ghosts as book characters on Tabletop, might as well get the other famous Commissar as well...)

Just from personal taste, I really hope it's not another Commisar or Space Marine. There's so much to the setting than giving a marine a Half cape or a commissar sideburns and a melta gun pal.

No shade to the people who like those, it's just not my jam!

Getting a new Cain would certainly be nice, and reason enough for me to accept another Warhammer 40,000 BL Celebration figure before AoS has another one.

That said, the dream is for AoS, 40k and HH to all get one every year, although I could earnestly see them belting one out for Old World given BL Celebration and the TOW release being so close to each other in 2024.

Didn't they do that Vampire and Kharadon mini for new Black library series' a while back?

The problem is 4ok and Horus heresy novels are most of BLs sales even when they do try to push AoS or whatever.

Read more books kids :P

41 minutes ago, Son of Carnelian said:

Would love to know what AD-B is up to next. Just re-read the Night Lords trilogy and it still hits. 

To be honest, finishing off the third Black Legion book, as he posted the character page list a while back.

That said, I know ADB has discussed his mental health issues quite a bit and the impact it's had on him, so it may be that he's taking a much needed sabbatical.