Heresy Thursday (tiny) Malcador Infernus and Valdor Destroyer

3 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

Wow, early post indeed.

Not a fan of these SA tank designs, the overuse of rivets is a bit jarring.

Paint jobs don't help to be fair

Yeah, GWs Obsession with rivets is really something. That's why I commit heresy on all my vehicles and just file them off.

4 minutes ago, Jalleo said:

It is a early one for sure. I wonder if it means we are getting two every thursday for a bit due to all the resin consuls being revealed.

Don't think so, at the bottom of the article they say the next reveal is next week (for regular sized HH). 

3 minutes ago, Felix Antipodes said:

I’m more interested in when we can expect full sized HH versions of these.  My eyes are getting too old to be working on tiny epic scale stuff :eek:

Did they stop making these? I got the infernus a few years back.  And i am sure my mate has the anti tank one he has been talking about gluing for at least 3-4 years...any day now. 

12 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

Love the models. But i need to know WHEN we will get the giant backlog of previewed things first. No point getting me excited if it will take 6 months till i can use/buy these. 

So the only missing malcador is the defender now yes?

The defender isn't even in normal HH anymore so I wouldn't expect that one.

Very cute. I'm getting more and more tempted to start a SA Imperialis army. I love the Auxilia models, but there's no way I'm building a full 30K army of them. Far too cost prohibitive.

That said I know precisely zero other people in the groups near me who have picked up any LI stuff so might not be worth it.

1 hour ago, Cyrox said:

Wow, early post indeed.

Not a fan of these SA tank designs, the overuse of rivets is a bit jarring.

Paint jobs don't help to be fair

Yes I agree. It's interesting as the 30k era traditionally used to be more 'high-tech', with more access to crazy weaponry from the dark age of technology and things being produced and improved upon. But in recent years that has switched around, with the 40k universe having its super-marines, super suits, hover-tanks and the like, and now the 30k stuff looking like a vehicle from the 1930s. There was a very real reason that they stopped using rivets on tanks, but it was a necessity when you wanted cheap production and didn't have a large, high-skill industrial workforce available (see early WW2).

That being said I like the tank hunter design and concept for it.

7 minutes ago, Pacific81 said:

Yes I agree. It's interesting as the 30k era traditionally used to be more 'high-tech', with more access to crazy weaponry from the dark age of technology and things being produced and improved upon. But in recent years that has switched around, with the 40k universe having its super-marines, super suits, hover-tanks and the like, and now the 30k stuff looking like a vehicle from the 1930s. There was a very real reason that they stopped using rivets on tanks, but it was a necessity when you wanted cheap production and didn't have a large, high-skill industrial workforce available (see early WW2).

That being said I like the tank hunter design and concept for it.

I mean we've had the Solar Auxilia design for a decade.

And Malcadors and Valdors have been around since 2008.

Big question mark on the release of all the next wave. A lot of the really interesting things got held back, and it'll open the game up far more once they're out (though, i suspect more for marines than solar aux; getting even more deepstrikers, fast movers to ignore terrain, and assault transports opens more doors than more guns).

57 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

I mean we've had the Solar Auxilia design for a decade.

And Malcadors and Valdors have been around since 2008.

That really highlights how out of touch I am I suppose :laugh:

(Takes battered old copy of Space Hulk first edition and retreats into cave)

1 minute ago, Pacific81 said:

That really highlights how out of touch I am I suppose :laugh:

(Takes battered old copy of Space Hulk first edition and retreats into cave)

How big is that cave? I have a copy of Deathwing and a box of lead terminators...

The Solar Auxilia tanks really appeal to me but until they're all on sale I'm content to wait. I'm painting some Battletech vehicles currently and there I can have janky wheeled boxes and sleek hover tanks at the same time.

Solid version, though those dozer blades look awful they are easily left off! 

The "Tech level" of the heresy models is somewhat odd because of how it was released IRL, FW wanted to include all their own designs (sensibly) and they had relatively recently been working through a series of "second line" tanks like the malcador so it skewed the image a little. 

Might be part of why they seem so keen to destroy the Legion Malcador actually :D