Heresy Thursday (tiny) Malcador Infernus and Valdor Destroyer

I’ve been building Baneblades this week, amazing little kit. Originally I was going to sell the SA half of the main box but glad I didn’t, their tiny tank range is great. Can’t wait to add these.

Next I’d love to see some Legion Felblades  and (dare to dream) a Capitol Imperialis (probably going to be resin if it happens).

Well that is a bit of a spanner in the works isn't it.

If we assume these will be swap ins to the standard Malcador unit, it notably changes the weapon config I want to go with, but if they are stand alone special units then it doesn't - here comes indecision paralysis again! 

2 hours ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

I'm so sick of LI. Just get stuff out for the proper HH game not this garbage. There is so much from the Forgeworld range that is still stuck in resin. God I hate this LI nonsense. 

Fair enough from a subjective PoV.

In contrast, I'm loving it. Nobody plays 30k in my area, but AT and now LI will attract a few. Although collecting and painting is fun in itself. 

11 hours ago, Cyrox said:

Wow, early post indeed.

Not a fan of these SA tank designs, the overuse of rivets is a bit jarring.

Paint jobs don't help to be fair

No my friend. you have it all wrong... Those are tank service studs. :tongue:

Edited by Magos Takatus

Looking at the rules for shock pulse, you'll definitely want some valdors if you run into titans or scarier super heavies. Shock pulse halves movement and limits to 1 gun as long as you hit.

I wouldnt expect the best stats on the thing though; the titan mounted neutron laser is 1 shot, 4+ to hit -3 ap, tank mounted neutrons are probably 5s to hit and -1 or -2. The vanquisher will still be better at actually killing non titans, so you still want a bunch of them.

On one hand, I have absolutely no interest in Solar Auxilia in any way whatsoever. One the other hand, the  Malcador and its variants have always been my favorite 40K tanks since their inception around the time of Vraks. I really hope we get an expansion where Astartes have access to them because I want these tiny tanks in my collection bad. 

1 minute ago, DuskRaider said:

On one hand, I have absolutely no interest in Solar Auxilia in any way whatsoever. One the other hand, the  Malcador and its variants have always been my favorite 40K tanks since their inception around the time of Vraks. I really hope we get an expansion where Astartes have access to them because I want these tiny tanks in my collection bad. 

If I read the rules correctly you can take allied SA tank formations with no requirement for infantry. They wouldn't have the legion's special rule but depending on your legion that might not make much difference. I'm assuming the new Malcadors will be battle tanks so you just need a baneblade to complete the formation. Who doesn't want a baneblade? :biggrin:

37 minutes ago, Cactus said:

If I read the rules correctly you can take allied SA tank formations with no requirement for infantry. They wouldn't have the legion's special rule but depending on your legion that might not make much difference. I'm assuming the new Malcadors will be battle tanks so you just need a baneblade to complete the formation. Who doesn't want a baneblade? :biggrin:

No, I get that I can take them as an Ally but I would rather have them a Legion option (just like Land Raiders are a Militia / Auxilia option in 30K proper). 

On 12/14/2023 at 11:36 PM, DuskRaider said:

The Iron Hands in the collectible card game Horus Heresy have a Malcador. Idk if the designers did a mistake there or if those restrictions have softened in that regard.

36 minutes ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

The Iron Hands in the collectible card game Horus Heresy have a Malcador. Idk if the designers did a mistake there or if those restrictions have softened in that regard.

Sounds fairly normal for 1st ed HH to me

Oh Legion Malcadors are definitely a thing, much like the Auxilla ones they are older second line tanks in universe. IRL the newer design team seemed to dislike them, with a savage nerf at the tail of 1st to make them unplayable before leaving them out of the army list and moving them to the legends purgatory where they are just a bit bad instead. 

Im hoping the newest iteration of the Heresy team is a bit kinder to them, i sold my pair a while back but im sure there are still plenty out there deserving table time :) 

2 hours ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

There was a Death Guard Malcador in one of the HHv1 books as well, that’s what made me repaint my old Vraksian Renegade Malcador to a Legion scheme instead.