Battle for Macragge - Made To Order + Christmas Day Reveal

'Wrap yourself in a cosy blanket of nostalgia'....................  I'm reading that as 'Here, get the crashed Aquila Lander you always wanted....................... But we can't be bothered to re-tool the mould. So you can have it at today's price, along with a few other sprues you can bury in the loft for another ten years. Happy Christmas. x'

I really Don't understand what the thinking behind this one is..................... I'm sure most of us would prefer a reissue of something like the Sector Imperialis terrain sets over this? Honestly, I'd be interested in hearing what anyone here would want to be reissued.... Cos' I don't think this set lands at the top of the list....?

Guys, I'm hearing/seeing the following floating around among the Chinese chat apps, cannot authenticate, but passing info on so ppl can see & judge for themselves:

image.png.97fdced1e06d76901c5a447fa5d37058.png

I just didn't recognise them, wasn't sure if they were some obscure Forgeworld minis painted really well or whatever this is, just received this, passing it on.

Update - I now see these are part of broader Dark Angels leaks, dedicated threat here: 

Edited by N1SB

3 hours ago, Armchair Warlord said:

'Wrap yourself in a cosy blanket of nostalgia'....................  I'm reading that as 'Here, get the crashed Aquila Lander you always wanted....................... But we can't be bothered to re-tool the mould. So you can have it at today's price, along with a few other sprues you can bury in the loft for another ten years. Happy Christmas. x'

I really Don't understand what the thinking behind this one is..................... I'm sure most of us would prefer a reissue of something like the Sector Imperialis terrain sets over this? Honestly, I'd be interested in hearing what anyone here would want to be reissued.... Cos' I don't think this set lands at the top of the list....?

There's not much understanding to be had really. They've done dark vengeance, it follows a pattern of sorts. You're looking at it from your desires, not necessarily company perspective.

I'm not fussed by this or your suggestion either. Many will, many won't. I think assault on back reach or 2nd Ed will be in the future. 

Either way, my wallet is safe. Do an MTO of rogue trader/ 2nd Ed minis and I'll need a second mortgage. Alas, can't see that happening.

5 hours ago, Armchair Warlord said:

It's a one-off made-to-order release that allows the people who do want it to get access to something that has been out of print for the best part of 20 years. Made to order means they only spend the exact amount of production time required to satisfy the demand, nothing gets pushed back, so what's the problem?

I have no interest in the MTO boxset to be honest.  The models are very sub par by todays standards, and nostalgia is one of things thats better being thought or spoken about, rather than physically held in the hand.....in that path lies disappointment!  I imagine they wont be at a price thats bearable either.  The terrain is ok, but really not worth the hype.

The reveal will likely be the figure from the advent rumours perhaps?

3 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

I'm not fussed by this or your suggestion either. Many will, many won't. I think assault on back reach or 2nd Ed will be in the future. 

Either way, my wallet is safe. Do an MTO of rogue trader/ 2nd Ed minis and I'll need a second mortgage. Alas, can't see that happening.

A re-release of 2nd edition would be great. I'd love to have a fresh set of those old plastic marine even as basic as they are they'd be tons of fun to paint up. Black reach wouldn't be for me but I reckon if the price is right it would be a big win for Ork players.

11 hours ago, Vassakov said:

I am assuming it would be released in Winter, not just announced. It could be SA for Heresy tomorros but it doesn't fit GWs normal release/preview approach.

The trouble is their 'road map' for 30k was very... vauge. Some bits were announced in their allotted alloted season and some got pre-orders up near the end of it. Again, this is GW so who bloody knows!

52 minutes ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

£90.... I want the drugs they are on.

Targeting 40 something nerds who are hopped up on eggnog is a ruthless marketing strategy

THEY ARE GOING TO DO WARHAMMER SELECTION BOXES NEXT YEAR

And now we have to explain to Americans what selection boxes are :)

Edited by Dark Shepherd

5 minutes ago, Subtleknife said:

Didn't this cost like £40/45 when it was originally released? That new price is crazy especially without rules too.

Aye but a can of coke was 45p back then. Inflation happens, price is as I expected as it'd be similar or indeed more for a similar gw release.