Legions Imperialis - Plastic Arvus Lighters

Very nice but couldn't GW reveal them before I ordered the resin ones at launch?

But since I still haven't received them I'll see if I can still cancel them

Just now, Astartes Consul said:

Could have SWORN we already had this? Did they release them for AI?

We had a two pack in resin that also got repackaged for LI at launch. But two resin ones for 30€ vs 8 plastic ones for probably 40€ here? Not really a choice

Edited by Matrindur

11 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Also do I see a gun on the top one here or is that supposed to be some kind of sensor?
Kinda strange since they still say they are unarmed in the article directly above this image

image.thumb.png.d78ced7055393e020328919be352f48b.png

the top one does seem to have some kind of rocket pods next to the cockpit... huh. 

Huh, a surprise but a welcome one.

I had a pack of AI resin ones which I sold in preparation for LI's release, expecting them to do plastic versions. Then I was kicking myself slightly for selling when they revealed they were staying resin. Glad I was vindicated in the end!

Edit: I don't understand the bit about not fitting in a standard box? Just Warcom banter? Or are they saying its a bigger and more expensive box than most other LI stuff?

Also, what do you think the next week hints is? HH destroyer weapons maybe?

Edited by Burni

15 minutes ago, Burni said:

Edit: I don't understand the bit about not fitting in a standard box? Just Warcom banter? Or are they saying its a bigger and more expensive box than most other LI stuff?

I also wondered what they meant with that, it could be a bit more expensive but then again as far as I can see from photos they aren't that much bigger than the Leman Russ and that also has 8 per box in a normal sized box so who knows?

16 minutes ago, Assessor_of_Maat said:

Melee weapons sprue presumably.

Imagine if the first release that the IH or IW recieve in god knows how long is for their iffy legion-specific grav stuff lol. (Don't play either so I have no idea if they are worthwhile)

It'd be better than nothing and kind of hilarious.

Edited by StrangerOrders

11 minutes ago, The4thHorseman said:

Great that its in Plastic, but at the same time, what a waste of resources to make a resin to only make a plastic one a year later, when LI was being made.

The resin arvus is actually from 2020 for Aeronautica so not really a waste, its more annoying that they put the resin version back up for sale for LI just to announce a plastic version 2 months later.

Also the Arvus was one of the boxart like images in the core book together with the Terrax drill and Leman Russes with different weapons so those became even likelier. But what is also interesting is that the article about the "The Great Slaughter" book has another of this kind of image with Knight Magaera/Styrix

Edited by Matrindur

48 minutes ago, Burni said:

I don't understand the bit about not fitting in a standard box? Just Warcom banter? Or are they saying its a bigger and more expensive box than most other LI stuff?

They are making a joke about the new 28mm resin Arvus, and how you wouldn't be able to fit 8 of them in a box

42 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

The resin arvus is actually from 2020 for Aeronautica so not really a waste, its more annoying that they put the resin version back up for sale for LI just to announce a plastic version 2 months later.

Also the Arvus was one of the boxart like images in the core book together with the Terrax drill and Leman Russes with different weapons so those became even likelier. But what is also interesting is that the article about the "The Great Slaughter" book has another of this kind of image with Knight Magaera/Styrix

They had leftover stock to sell.

But not to worry, this will be out of stock with everything else in the LI page in a day anyway.

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Also do I see a gun on the top one here or is that supposed to be some kind of sensor?
Kinda strange since they still say they are unarmed in the article directly above this image

1 hour ago, Matcap86 said:

the top one does seem to have some kind of rocket pods next to the cockpit... huh. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Centurion said:

Its looks like rocket pods on front and some kind of autocannon or antenna installed in the roof.

Maybe for more points you can add an Autocannon to it?

As for the rockets, they could be defensive anti-missile rockets i.e. not "a weapon".

IDK tho, I don't really know much about the Lighter

GLorious :D 

There have been armed versions available before in army lists, i guess with the thought youd use the previously available aircraft weapons or similar on them, nice to see the epic scale versions continuing that proud tradition in the mini at least :D 

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

GLorious :D 

There have been armed versions available before in army lists, i guess with the thought youd use the previously available aircraft weapons or similar on them, nice to see the epic scale versions continuing that proud tradition in the mini at least :D 

Either way they painted the end of it a bit weird

Theres 2 options: that its actually for mid air refuelling or warcom made a ctrl + v error

Edited by Dark Shepherd

3 hours ago, Matrindur said:

In 8th they could take a Twin Multilaser or a Twin Autocannon or 2 Twin Heavy Stubbers or 2 Hellstrike Missiles, so it's perfectly possible for them to be armed