Risen-wing Force Ideas

Hello fellow denizens of The Rock,

I've been thinking about the new Inner Circle Companions, and how you could build kind of a fourth 'wing' so to say out of that concept.

Right now, we have three main color schemes, the Green for the 'Greenwing', the Bone of the Deathwing and the Black armor of the Ravenwing. Lion El'Jonson and now the Inner Circle Companions add a fourth, with the black/green armor, the white Acquila and like dark magenta robes/hoods.

So my thought was, what units could we aesthetically bind to that color scheme, to add some additional units that fit in that Risen color scheme, even not a real formation of any kind. My thoughts so far are some Deathwing Knights, Bladeguard Veterans and Sternguard Veterans as the main squads. Similarly, we could do Strikemasters (if they still exist) and Bladeguard Lieutenants as characters. So those are the places I'm going to start at.

Do any of y'all have any ideas on whether you also want to add some of the paint scheme in, and your thoughts on units? Thought it'd be a bit of a fun topic.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I thought about painting Deathwing Terminators/knights with a black helmet or two to represent Risen who made the Deathwing.  Also thought about matching Sternguard Vets to match ICC color scheme.  I’m just worried if I do it before the codex some more lore could screw me up.

I wish they’d bring the Dreadwing back with Zabriel as the leader.

Slightly going into a bit of a lore discussion, but do we think that with the risen coming back they would bring back some of the old legion traditions around the other wings as well as some of the secret sub-orders and wings?

That would give alot of scope to have some really interesting colour schemes, such as deathwing with partially black or black/green armour or the reverse.

On the original topic I am definitely going to do a force based around the risen concept, possibly focussed towards a group who were part of the dreading specifically. I think anything could fit in as the risen could really be put into any battlefield role. Not all the fallen were elite heroes who have fought for centuries, some were just line battle brothers who from their perspective have only had a few years/decades since the fall of Caliban so would just go back to being regular marines.