UM Vanguard Detachment for Upcoming Tournament

Afternoon all.

I'm heading to a 2k tournament in Glasgow next month and I'm looking to take the following list. I had a game with it yesterday against Necrons and its did very well, winning 57 to 27. But wouldn't mind hearing the thoughts of my fellow sons of Macragge. This is based on a list I took to Throne of Skulls in September last year. I'm deliberatly avoiding Calgar and Aggressors and Gladiators since A) I don't have the models, and B) I'm trying to use backlog and pile of potential models before buying anything new at the moment.

Tigurius runs with the Bladeguard in the Land Raider. Being able to use Counter-offensive for free once a round proved very useful. Centurions ride in the Repulsor and go where they are needed most. In yesterday's game the eliminators were able to infiltrate on to an objective and hold it for the whole game, though they didn't do much shooting. I kept the Suppressors in deep strike, and their small footprint meant I was able to tuck them right into the corner of my opponents deployment zone. They did die horribly, but managed to get me behind enemy lines for two turns and forced a unit of Lychguard to fall back and deal with them.

Obviously points will change soon, but I'm hoping that by avoiding the current 'meta' units I won't have to change the list drastically. But can anyone see any obvious weaknesses I'm missing in this list?

Ultramarines: 2000pts

Vanguard Spearhead Detachment

Characters
Chief Librarian Tigurius (Warlord) 

Battleline Units

Heavy Intercessor Squad 
- 5 Heavy Intercessors
- Heavy Bolter

Other Units

Incursor Squad 
- 5x Incursors
- Haywire Mine

Incursor Squad 
- 5x Incursors
- Haywire Mine

Centurion Devestator Squad 
- 3x Centurion Devestators
- 3x Grav Cannons
- 3x Centurion Missile Launchers

Bladeguard Veteran Squad 
- 6x Bladeguard
- Sergeant: Neo-Volkite Pistol

Desolation Squad 
- 5x Desolators
- 5x Superkrak Missiles

Desolation Squad 
- 5x Desolators
- 5x Superkrak Missiles

Suppressor Squad 

Suppressor Squad 

Eliminator Squad 
- 3x Bolt Sniper Rifles

Land Raider 
- Multi-melta
- Storm Bolter.

Repulsor 
- Twin Lascannon
- Las Talon

Repulsor Executioner 
- Heavy Laser Destroyer
- Icarus Rocket Pod
- Ironhail Heavy Stubber

That's a very non-meta list for sure! I like it though. Incursors have been very good for me in the last three games I've used them, enough to make me think of replacing my Infiltrators with a second unit of Incursors. Going into an RTT, maybe you'll face opponents that rely on Deepstrike though and Infiltrators really help with that, but it's not an auto-include either.

If you have the wiggle room for it, I would suggest trying out a Judiciar with your Bladeguard Vets. Fight first is amazing with them and they've been a thorn in my opponent's side ever since I decided to try them out. I play them with Blade Driven Deep instead of riding into a Land Raider though, but the value of the unit remains the same. 

Lastly, I cannot recommend enough the Lt with combi-weapon. For 70 pts, you get a very useful character for scoring objectives, quite elusive too so you can make him work for you longer than most other utility unit in the book, and on top of that, he sitll has a decent output indirectly with the Priority Objective ability helping every other unit in your army to wound on a specific objectives. 

I was already running a somewhat non-meta list by using some non-meta units and some meta units in non-meta ways - for example, I attach Calgar to 6 BGV to synergize with his Victrix Guard instead of Aggressors - with a BGV equipped Lieutenant, that's 10 4+++ models and a dizzying number of MC Powersword and Fist attacks - which makes a nice Anvil for the Hammer unit of a Gravis Cap, Apoth, and 6 Aggressors to hammer against.   At the same time that block is running around, I've got Guilliman running around surrounded by 10 Infiltrators with a Phobos Libby..  That whole block is basically "Lone Operative'ed" with a boost - can't deepstrike within 12", can't shoot from outside 12", and Guilliman plus Honor Vehement Phobos Libby is a pretty good beast stick made even better by being able to better choose when it wants to beatstick.  But you're also now making me think about swapping something for a second unit of BGV with Tiggy - a unit of 3+, 4++, 4+++/- PLUS his -1 to be hit wounds running around with Tiggy's limited Captain abilities has some pretty nifty potential.  And I just realized he gives himself a 4+++ to the mortals if he fails his Storm Hazardous test. 

Edited by Tacitus