Heresy Thursday - Blood Angels Upgrades

I'm a little confused.

Are we sure this is an Assault Cannon? I mean, I know it say it in the article, but this wouldn't be the first time the Community team have got things wrong. Because I'm not sure if I've seen a regular Power Armoured Marine wield one before. Seen them plenty on Terminators, Dreadnoughts, vehicles, but never on a regular Marine. At first glance I naturally assumed it was a Rotor Cannon, like we get in the Special Weapon plastic set.

The Melee weapons are STUNNING! And I think it was a smart move to make it a combined infantry and vehicle upgrade pack.

Interested to see where they take this with the other Legions.

2 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Are we sure this is an Assault Cannon? I mean, I know it say it in the article, but this wouldn't be the first time the Community team have got things wrong. Because I'm not sure if I've seen a regular Power Armoured Marine wield one before

Welcome to heresy, where suspensor webs are cheap and the weight don't matter. 

I'm happy with these and they seemed to be a bit out the blue, but I'm not complaining!

So this means Blood Angels players can now make Angels Tears with Assault Cannons. Although you'll have to buy multiple sets.

We can also make a Legion Moritat with Inferno Pistols instead of raiding firstborn kits.

The axe to me, looks a bit 3rd party, but I love the rest.

1 hour ago, m_r_parker said:

I'm a little confused.

Are we sure this is an Assault Cannon? I mean, I know it say it in the article, but this wouldn't be the first time the Community team have got things wrong. Because I'm not sure if I've seen a regular Power Armoured Marine wield one before. Seen them plenty on Terminators, Dreadnoughts, vehicles, but never on a regular Marine. At first glance I naturally assumed it was a Rotor Cannon, like we get in the Special Weapon plastic set.

The Melee weapons are STUNNING! And I think it was a smart move to make it a combined infantry and vehicle upgrade pack.

Interested to see where they take this with the other Legions.

IXth Legion Heavy Support Squads can take them.

Edited by Jolemai

1 hour ago, Mostwanted said:

I'm happy with these and they seemed to be a bit out the blue, but I'm not complaining!

So this means Blood Angels players can now make Angels Tears with Assault Cannons. Although you'll have to buy multiple sets.

We can also make a Legion Moritat with Inferno Pistols instead of raiding firstborn kits.

The axe to me, looks a bit 3rd party, but I love the rest.

1 hour ago, Jolemai said:

I think the one in the upgrade sprue would be nice for an Armistos. If I were making an entire squad armed with assault cannons I'd get the heavy weapon sprue with heavy bolters, chop off the barrel and attach resin gatling barrels from Red Dog Minis.

8 hours ago, StrangerOrders said:

Not the Legion I would have thought of tbh given their fairly complete range and host of applicable bits from 40k (which might actually be a reason) but pretty cool!

If they stick with this, it could be great for some legions!

Have you met GW? They tend to beat the most complete legions over the head with new stuff lol

4 hours ago, Jolemai said:

In fact, any infantry miniature of the BA can have it if they have access to a Heavy Flamer. The pay +10 and can change Heavy Flamer for Iliastus Assault Cannon. Even Dreads.

And the same with IF.

Edited by Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf

Some nice bits in here, will definitely be picking some up. I do, however, wonder if it will be possible to 'retro' fit them to some of the older Heresy armour models ie. previous MKIII and the current MKIV models, as I am not such a big fan of the new plastic MKIII and MKVI models. I still shudder involuntarily when I see any legion but the Death Guard with a spiked helm :biggrin:

12 minutes ago, Etruscan said:

Some nice bits in here, will definitely be picking some up. I do, however, wonder if it will be possible to 'retro' fit them to some of the older Heresy armour models ie. previous MKIII and the current MKIV models, as I am not such a big fan of the new plastic MKIII and MKVI models. I still shudder involuntarily when I see any legion but the Death Guard with a spiked helm :biggrin:

I personally ended up liking the new MK III a lot after getting into it a bit more, but it's a matter of taste. As for the old ones, you might be able to do it, but it may require some shaving and putty. You'd probably want to find a closely fitting set of arms and cut the hand off of the left arm, or try to shave the hand down on the weapon.

• 2 months later...