The Kroot Killteam Covenant

apologist

As suggested in News and Rumours, this thread’s intended for those to post progress of painting their Kroot Killteam ahead of buying the new box!

No pressure, no guarantee; just a bit of fun. Post what you’ve got, and post updates often.

Soon as you have your Killteam done, you can buy the box :D

IMG_0995.thumb.jpeg.8ff8b7531c5c5f989fbc13a15adcfc2a.jpeg

While I support the sentiment I personally am going to wait until the box is out. They mentioned on the stream that there is some cross compatibility between the Kill Tem and the Carnivore kits, so I intend to get some additional build variety out of throwing the kits together, plus some unbuilt old school Kroot as well and use the new part to spice up them up.

All the best to those of you doing the Farstaltkers now.

I’ve located my kill team box. The oath is sworn. Makes me nervous we don’t know when the box is coming out. I’m going to start assembling tonight. I’ve read that two of the kill team operatives build off the same body. Many people just use a warrior body to make the other operative. Which two operatives use the same body?

1 hour ago, Wolf Guard Dan said:

I’ve located my kill team box. The oath is sworn. Makes me nervous we don’t know when the box is coming out. I’m going to start assembling tonight. I’ve read that two of the kill team operatives build off the same body. Many people just use a warrior body to make the other operative. Which two operatives use the same body?

The Tracker (bird-guy) and Stalker (stealth knife guy). I built the tracker as normal, and used this body for the stalker

IMG_5972.thumb.jpeg.d344faa0c0e795382575d231127c3199.jpegIMG_5971.thumb.jpeg.96aeb532f09ff5da2c6f1c1c8d5b36ca.jpeg

It’s an easy conversion tbh, just put the shotgun on the back and use that alternate knife arm on the left arm. The kit comes with a decent amount of bits.

i have finished my team, but I wish you frater best of luck. In spirit, I will be attempting to finish my FEC box before the Kroot box

:cool: Oh yeah… or is that oh no :tongue:… 

my Kroot killteam is in storage… might have to dig em out (Khorne won’t be pleased …it’s worth the risk :laugh:

++EDIT++
found the Kroot at my mates place, will take them home and put them together… 

IMG_9558.thumb.jpeg.a83ab8dea0dbe69faf2c6971f564770c.jpeg

thanks for making the thread !! 

cheers, M 

Edited by MithrilForge
Pic added

4 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

:cool: Oh yeah… or is that oh no :tongue:… 

my Kroot killteam is in storage… might have to dig em out (Khorne won’t be pleased …it’s worth the risk :laugh:

thanks for making the thread !! 

cheers, M 

Khorne does care from where the blood flows, only that it does. Just to be sure though, have one Kroot eating a Slaaneshi or something

Edited by sitnam

Today was my first opportunity to work on the project. I’ve got the Kill broker and long sight assembled. I almost gave up on the whole project trying to get the long sight’s arms to fit and glue. I’m hoping that the rest of the team doesn’t have such fiddly construction as that step. 

I’ve put a few together and working on my scheme with one of them… 

IMG_9611.thumb.jpeg.cbff0546c532ee07df521df9fcd7ff25.jpeg

it’s WiP but I like it so far. 

@de Selby - I really like your figure that blue/grey is nice , mind sharing the recipe ?

cheers, M 

Edited by MithrilForge
Updated pic

22 hours ago, Wolf Guard Dan said:

Today was my first opportunity to work on the project. I’ve got the Kill broker and long sight assembled. I almost gave up on the whole project trying to get the long sight’s arms to fit and glue. I’m hoping that the rest of the team doesn’t have such fiddly construction as that step. 

I think the bow guy was also kind of annoying, but the longshot was just the worst

9 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

@de Selby - I really like your figure that blue/grey is nice , mind sharing the recipe ?

cheers, M 

I really like your bright scheme too!

I used to use shadow grey as a highlight but it no longer exists, so the current recipe is

spray corax white with wyldwood contrast over that

vallejo dark prussian blue

vallejo sky blue highlight/overbrush

vallejo white highlight/drybrush

gw drakenhof nightshade wash

i think its the last two steps that are responsible for the desaturated look.

4 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Ba ba ba ba

B-dang a dang dang

A-Dinga dong ding

Blue Kroot, blue Kroot

Blue blue blue

Blue Kroot!

Ok that didn't translate well over the internet :laugh:...  but I'm glad you're as stoked for blue Kroot as we are :thumbsup:

M

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in a hobby rut and have been spending time playing the Rogue Trader computer game. It is very immersive and I recommend it.

Thanks to your accountabili-buddy post I have refocused my efforts. Tonight I finished all but three of my kinband. I still have to assemble the heavy gunner, convert the stalker, and the leftover warrior. I am still learning kill team so I am indecisive about which heavy weapon to assemble. I may magnetize. My plan is to assemble the last 3 tomorrow.

The next step is deciding a paint scheme. I may go with the standard light green. The light brown/tan from the LVO preview looked good too. Historically, deciding paint scheme has been another foil in my hobby efforts.