The Kroot Killteam Covenant

apologist

<Deleted - answered my own question so won't waste anyone's time>

Edited by andes
general goofiness

On 3/11/2024 at 3:57 AM, Halandaar said:

Pre-order on Saturday folks! Time to get painting :laugh:

Just picked up some paints tonight. It’s gonna be close but I think I can get it to battle ready at least.

After assembling I was thinking of declining the opportunity to get the Kroot box. I may change my mind because I’m enjoying painting these models. So much detail and diversity in the model. More enjoyable than painting a space marine. 

On 3/13/2024 at 10:23 PM, Wolf Guard Dan said:

Just picked up some paints tonight. It’s gonna be close but I think I can get it to battle ready at least.

After assembling I was thinking of declining the opportunity to get the Kroot box. I may change my mind because I’m enjoying painting these models. So much detail and diversity in the model. More enjoyable than painting a space marine. 

Completed my oath. Got to battle ready with 45 minutes to spare before pre orders. Decided not to get the box. I’m not a Tau player. I’m just going to enjoy my kill team. I’ll post pics when I can.

Didn't think I’d have a March painting-crunch since I’m not going to Adepticon but here we are. 

Only thing missing on these is grass tufts for the bases but I can't find them, so it's plain grey bases for now and ordering my Hunting Pack box! I did actually go for a couple of variant skin tones here but they aren't really showing up as particularly different from each other, will need to try and improve that on the carnivores.

PXL_20240316_195716414.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 6:45 AM, Halandaar said:

Taken my sweet time getting around to it but I finally dug up the Kinband from the box they were in ready to finish them. Magnets on the bases first, then I'll start chipping away at them.

painted with contrast?

10 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Yeah, everything barring the bases and the metals is contrast. A couple of things have additional washes on but that's basically it. 

Kroot take very well to contrast. The new carnivores look like a breeze given they lack the Farstalker cloaks