Hi everyone, I'm putting together my first list and I'm looking for any advice or feedback. The general idea is the immortals and praetor run around contesting objectives while the tac squad sits on an objective in the backfield. The contemptor and moritat with destroyers run around making a nuisance of themselves.

X: Iron Hands

Rite of War: Company Of Bitter Iron (IH)

+ HQ: +

Centurion [177Pts]
. Moritat: Artificer Armour, Bitter Duty (Company of Bitter Iron), Graviton Pistol, Graviton Pistol, Thunder Hammer, Volkite Charger, Warhawk Jump Pack
. Moritat

Praetor [487Pts]: From Hel’s Heart (Loyalist only), Warlord
. Iron-Father: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Thunder Hammer, Volkite Charger
. . Bitter Duty (Company of Bitter Iron)
. . Iron-Father
. Morlock Terminator Squad
. . 1) Augmentor: Power Fist, Volkite Culverin
. . 2) Morlock: Legion Standard, Power Fist
. . 2) Morlock: Graviton Shredder, Power Fist
. . 2) Morlock: Power Fist, Volkite Charger

+ Elites: +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [180Pts]
. Contemptor Dreadnought: Combi-Bolter, Gravis Melta Cannon, Gravis Power Fist with in-built ranged weapon

Destroyer Assault Squad [200Pts]
. Destroyer Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Phosphex Bomb, Thunder Hammer, Two Bolt Pistols
. Destroyer w/ Options: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword
. . Missile Launcher (With suspensor web and rad missiles only)
. 3x Destroyer w/2x Bolt Pistols, Chainsword: 3x Chainsword, 3x Two Bolt Pistols

+ Troops: +

Medusan Immortal Squad [291Pts]
. Immortal Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Thunder Hammer, Volkite Charger
. Immortal w/Heavy Weapon (1 in 5): Graviton Shredder
. Immortal w/Heavy Weapon (1 in 5): Graviton Shredder
. 7x Immortal w/Volkite Charger: 7x Volkite Charger

Tactical Squad [165Pts]
. Legion Tactical Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter
. . Power Weapon: Power Axe
. 9x Legionaries (collective): 9x Bolt Pistol, 9x Bolter, 9x Chainsword

++ Total: [1,500Pts] ++

Edited by chalky55555
Formatting

Nice to see some Zone Mortalis, nice to see some Morlocks, and I love destroyers and Immortals too. My initial reaction was it’s quite an elite tooled-up force that is not ‘boys before toys’.

Are you playing the White Dwarf zone mortalis rules (which I have) or the Siege of Cthonia (which I don’t), because I was expecting a disadvantage to the jump packs in that supplement - did that happen? Either way, do you really need the jump packs, is it detracting from the theme?

Yeah I'm not totally committed to the jump packs. I had been thinking that if they came on as reserves it could help them get into the action a bit quicker, rather than just having another unit that never quite does anything all game. But maybe, swap out the jump packs and scrounge the points for another tac squad?

I was thinking something like that, maybe despoilers? I also understand that Elites are penalised in the new ZM rules, so their arrival could be a worry. Mostly I am here to admire how cool this will look on the table.

I often run something fairly similar. Immortals are tough as nails, and the Moritat is a real deterrent, though I give mine one grav and one disintegrator pistol. 

I feel like the Morlock guns don't sync so well with each other, I'd lean either full grav or full volkite, but they also look cool as a mix. Despoilers could run with the Moritat and replace the Destroyers, using less deployment points, but losing a bit of speed?