The Drake Legion - A Nostalgic Journey with Modern Technology (3D Printed)

Old time Forum Stalker  from back in the Early days under Many different usernames over the last 19 years.

Purchased a 3D printer almost 3 years ago and have done a few sci fi projects here and there. With a massive snowstorm crashing through Knoxville recently I took it upon myself to create a project that younger me only dreamed of owning. Quick disclosure this is an almost 90% 3d printed project using files found and purchased online, I will not be sharing files, artists or locations due to legal reasons, those artists have been personally thanked and credited on their own respective pages.

So allow me to set the Scene,

The Year is 2010, 5th edition is steamrolling along and my younger self is struggling to get a full army together with lack of any serious funding, time etc.

fast forward to today, feeling like I've completely sold myself short on the capabilities of this purchase have set about creating a 5th edition space marine army that a younger me would have loved to own, It'll never see the table, It'll never be in any FLGS, it'll be a lovely addition to the shelf I just cleared to store it, So after tracking down a 5th Edition Space marine Codex I went about creating a 2500pt army.

The Drake Legion, Pro Emperor Anti Imperium think of them as 41st Millennium Protestant's, Believing wholly in the God Emperor of mankind but detesting the existence of the Corrupt imperium, Liberating worlds from Chaos, Xenos and Imperium control in massive Crusades across the Galaxy ( this is obviously Pre Guilliman awaking since its based in the 2010 history so far) 

Test Marine 1:

dmXh4a2.jpg

YzK9xGD.jpg

Test Marine 2:

Ykq17C4.jpg

SoabxA3.jpg

oIe327f.jpg

Test Pair Completed:

RSz3QCX.jpg

With them 2 completed I was happy with color choices etc and set about jumping in the deep end and creating the Chapter Master:

80Xp0lA.jpg

ko3C1G1.jpg

yoOykIy.jpg

GJwYD8M.jpg

6xU6QNe.jpg

kvCBKKe.jpg

qyTj1ha.jpg

So quick little update, worked on the list some more, still not finalized by any stretch, a friend managed to convince me to make a 10th edition 1000pt army as well, so i'll be 3d printing 25 grav bikes and running those on top of this, but i managed to get the Terminators build, the Honor guard built, i've finished assembling the 1st tactical squad and printed the 2nd. slowly things are progressing, i'm planning to buy some 2nd hand rhinos off evilbay and soak em in Brake Fluid to clean the paint off. Anywho heres the pics:

1st Tac Squad:

0RPx17q.jpg

Terminator Squad:

kCHjIL4.jpg

AfCgTIh.jpg

Honor Guard:

klzLrEr.jpg

K3n0s0X.jpg

kt77jdV.jpg

next up is finishing the 2nd Tac Squad and Getting some more paint to minis I'm thinking of tackling these 3 minis at a time as yellow is laborious to paint, imperial fists players can relate