Hey Guys, I am having a 1000 point game tonight vs T'au and I have thrown this Son's of Sanguinius list together. Please let me know your thoughts, I'm unlikely to change it t this late hour before the game but thigs to be aware of would be appreciated!

• Intercessor Squad (80 pts)

• Power Fist

• Grenade Launcher

• Scout Squad (65 pts)

• Chainsword

• Astartes Shotgun x 2

• Combat Knife

• Sniper Rifle

• Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs (85 pts) lead by Captain with Jump Pack (85 pts)

• Power Weapon

• Plasma Pistol x2

• Relic Shield & Thunder Hammer (Captain)

• Sanguinary Guard (175 pts) lead by Commander Dante (120 pts)

• Encarmine Blades

• Angelus Boltguns

• Death Company Intercessors (85 pts) lead by Chaplain in Land Raider

• Power Fist

• Chainswords x4

• Landraider (240 pts)

That looks quite a fun list. Plenty of melee units to leverage our buffed charged bonus. Scouts and Intercessors for Objective capping. Land Raider for anti-tank and DC delivery.

1 hour ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

Thank you! That's the plan yeah! I'm tussling with myself though with giving the Sanguinary Guard all inferno pistols or if keeping the boltguns would be better for versatility and if the inferno 6" range is too restrictive? 

personally would also keep in mind that its unlikely they keep the option for every member to have inferno pistols when they get an update and rumours seem to imply they will get an update this year

2 hours ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

Thank you! That's the plan yeah! I'm tussling with myself though with giving the Sanguinary Guard all inferno pistols or if keeping the boltguns would be better for versatility and if the inferno 6" range is too restrictive?

Have you built the models yet? As Blindhamster says, they probably won't keep the option for long but if you have the Inferno Pistols or your opponent is cool with your proxying them, I would go with Inferno Pistols. Their Jump Packs give them mobility which means the short range is not such a problem. They also give them a valuable bit of anti-tank capability which benefits both the squad and your list overall I think.

7 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Have you built the models yet?

I have yes and they all have boltguns. My opponent wouldn't mind a wargear proxy though. I might give it a go and see how they run. Yes, when the new kit comes I can't see the flexibility remaining, it will likely be a Black Templar Sword Bretheren situation.

On 2/2/2024 at 3:59 PM, Jolemai said:

Don't forget to let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Brothers, I WON! 

Ran out the victor 66-44. I had a shaky start where I fumbled the deployment of my scouts and my opponent went first; he killed them instantly. TRhen, he iniltrated a ghostkeel and I got off a turn 1 charge with the Death Co. Intercessors - They were surprisingly underwhelming, even with the chaplain, and they only took 2 or so wounds from it. They were shot off the board following a fall back. 

The tide turned for me though when Dante arrived via rapid ingress. Arriving out of line of sight, on my turn he popped out and he, 5x inferno pistols of the Sanguinary Guard and the land raider shot a rip tide off the board. Another pivitol moment came when my land raider shot a hammer head to 2 wounds remaining and tank shocked a ghost keel. 

Dante then went on a rampage finally killing that pesky ghostkeel and then achieving a great secondary by wiping a squad of fire warriors on my oppenents home objective.

My take aways are:

• Intercessors - invaluable, scoring my home objective and moving forward every turn.
  • Scouts - I need to try again with these.
  • Assault Intercessors with Jump packs - I just rolled bad with these but they did kill some pathfinders and score some primary for me.
  • Land Raider - Awesome shot a lot and charging the ghostkeel was fun as hell.
  • Death Company Intercessors - Underwhelming. I am going to swap for foot slogging assault intercessors. Their re-roll wound of 1 seems better that reroll hits which was redundant against an oath'd target.
  • Dante and the Sanguinary Guard - This was Dante's greatest performance for me. Ever. he was the MVP. So good, since friday I've been listening to the firts dante book again!