Nice looking model, not sure about the shawl. Not really surprising if they are giving the Kroot a big, Greater Knarloc like model they're probably saving that for last but it's probably the thing I'm most excited to see. Maybe next week we'll see what the new mounted unit that was silhouetted is. 

Another new Shaper, cool to see GW expanding the roster of the Kroot for the T'au.

A pattern is forming now where some of the normal units from the Xenos range are getting new specializations:

• The Beast Snaggas.
  • The different types of Destroyer Cults.
  • The Von Ryan's Leapers and Neurolictor.
  • And now this new Kroot Shapers that fill different roles to expand from the generic one that was already in the range.
Edited by Jscarlos18

3 hours ago, Hfran Morkai said:

I didn't expect a break barrel Kroot Rifle, that seems a little odd to me.

I rather like it. It gives it a bit of a big-game-hunter-stalking-his-prey-through-the-jungle kinda vibe. The big game being 'roid enhanced Catachans...

He's a .700 Nitro Express fan given the size of the cartridge in his hand :laugh:

Edited by The Spitehorde

3 hours ago, The Spitehorde said:

I rather like it. It gives it a bit of a big-game-hunter-stalking-his-prey-through-the-jungle kinda vibe. The big game being 'roid enhanced Catachans...

He's a .700 Nitro Express fan given the size of the cartridge in his hand :laugh:

I don’t mind the break action, it is a bit odd though given some of the poses in the Farstalker kit, which include no both lever action and trapdoor style actions

I think it's funny that its a lump of Human flesh... is that an Aquila tramp stamp from some Catachan's or Cadians rump :laugh:...

I like the break action, it give's the Viewer the sense that the  shaper is so good at what he does he only needs single shots to make his mark and he's patient and cunning...

by the look of the round in his hand I'd like to think he's shooting a .950JDJ round ... Marine stopper if ever there was one :thumbsup: 

This is a must buy model.

Edited by MithrilForge

I think it's cool that there are two leaders on foot- you can change the feel of a unit by swapping its leader. I wonder if the silhouette is just a different mounted unit, or if it's a mounted leader.

I'm also happy that there is a kroot detachment; somehow I missed that, and assumed the closest thing would be a Day'lith Sept. Hopefully kroot will also continue to be viable in mixed forces for folks who prefer to run them that way.

Very excited about additional Kroot reveals that may be coming.

1 hour ago, Warden-Paints said:

I was assuming Kroot were getting their own codex, but there's actually been no word of that? 

From the initial LVO reveal:

"The Kroot are so back, in fact, that they even have their own dedicated Detachment in the new Codex: T’au Empire. The Kroot Hunting Pack allows you to deploy an all-Kroot force, replete with thematic Enhancements and Stratagems."

To clarify, I'm not saying I dislike it being break action at all.

However my understanding was that Kroot Rifles were upgraded with T'au Pulse technology (At least that's what I seem to recall from reading a book many, many years ago).

I think it's a cool mini.

18 minutes ago, Hfran Morkai said:

To clarify, I'm not saying I dislike it being break action at all.

However my understanding was that Kroot Rifles were upgraded with T'au Pulse technology (At least that's what I seem to recall from reading a book many, many years ago).

I think it's a cool mini.

Tau made different ammo for them.

So in Tyranid conflicts they alternate between slugs and plasma rounds, depending on how the Tyranids have adapted.

But kroot tech is actually really solid.

Kroot haven't let Tau into the forge cities hidden under the mountains on their homeworld, and rumored to have killed Tau trying to infiltrate them.

On the mini:

It's ok, I think they need to do a little more to differentiate the characters from the base troops, as they look like you can just use base troops as characters (not a big problem)

Edited by Triszin

Just now, Triszin said:

It's ok, I think they need to do a little more to differentiate the characters from the base troops, as they look like you can just use base troops as characters (not a big problem)

I think the War Shaper is pretty distinct, but this guy and the Flesh Shaper both look fairly normal. To be fair however, Space Marine Lt’s all often look fairly basic and generic.

Not that I dislike either shaper, I love that we are getting new Kroot

12 minutes ago, Triszin said:

On the mini:

Agreed, its a lovely mini, but especially in the farstalker unit, it would look like a regular member. ( on the other hand... the kneeling one there with the "bird" might make a more convincing trail shaper.)

It would have been a good character role to toy with kroot evolution. Have some of the spine hair evolved into sensory antanae like organs for example.

My personal concern is that we're at 4 characters for Kroot now, we're heading towards 1 character per actual unit entry (so far) which seems... off.

Saying that if the box (5 units) is half of the release, we've then got:

- hounds

- trail shaper

- ??dude on mount??

- ???

- ???

Doing the maths, preorder on 9th March?

My guess:

1. Mounted character (on krootor)

-dual kit: named character, generic

2. Named infantry character

3. Greater. Knarloc or kroot brutes