Heck’s Eldar

Cap'm Heckus

9 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Nice selection of units there and I love the paint scheme. Did you use Contrasts for Maugan Ra?

If so, contrasts are suddenly looking like a more appealing option! (As I sit next to the minis, fearing putting on the paint and sucking at it.)

And also a question to @Cap'm Heckus: Did you paint the model as you assembled it? 

I ponied up for the Morgan Rau mini and it's sitting on the table right next to me. I'm wondering if I might be best served to basecoat the separate parts and glue the mini together into aggregate "modules" for painting that I can then subsequently stick together for the final product?

Edited by Kage2020
Added question for OP.

Yes.   I did use contrast paints on Maugan Ra. GW skeletal  hoard and army painter Cultist Cloak.

i paint most of my minis in sub-assembly lately.  My guardian heads are primates Grey Seer.  On the one hand, it makes the color go on a bit more smooth (I don’t have to add multiple layers of white to cover all that purple), and on the other hand it incentivizes me to get them painted if I want to use them.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

6 hours ago, Cap'm Heckus said:

i paint most of my minis in sub-assembly lately

Wonderful. I'll take a look at the assembly instructions and see where the optional configuration is so that I'm not painting tiny areas on the final mini even if it means that I end up painting more surface area on the pre-assembled figure. 

Thank you for the confirmation!

(I wish I could do this with the 3d printed minis that I have so much detail them! :) )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...