Cap'm Heckus Posted February 16, 2024 Share Posted February 16, 2024 Started Eldar this edition. What I have isn’t really optimized, just the units I wanted to paint. 6 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kilcin Posted February 16, 2024 Share Posted February 16, 2024 43 minutes ago, Cap'm Heckus said: ... just the units I wanted to paint. As it should be; looking good. What purple did you use? I like it. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6023312 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Yncarne Posted February 16, 2024 Share Posted February 16, 2024 they're optimized if they're painted. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6023354 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cap'm Heckus Posted February 17, 2024 Author Share Posted February 17, 2024 Army painter Alien purple base and Ooze purple highlights. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6023371 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karhedron Posted February 17, 2024 Share Posted February 17, 2024 Nice selection of units there and I love the paint scheme. Did you use Contrasts for Maugan Ra? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6023405 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kage2020 Posted February 17, 2024 Share Posted February 17, 2024 (edited) 9 hours ago, Karhedron said: Nice selection of units there and I love the paint scheme. Did you use Contrasts for Maugan Ra? If so, contrasts are suddenly looking like a more appealing option! (As I sit next to the minis, fearing putting on the paint and sucking at it.) And also a question to @Cap'm Heckus: Did you paint the model as you assembled it? I ponied up for the Morgan Rau mini and it's sitting on the table right next to me. I'm wondering if I might be best served to basecoat the separate parts and glue the mini together into aggregate "modules" for painting that I can then subsequently stick together for the final product? Edited February 17, 2024 by Kage2020 Added question for OP. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6023508 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cap'm Heckus Posted February 18, 2024 Author Share Posted February 18, 2024 (edited) Yes. I did use contrast paints on Maugan Ra. GW skeletal hoard and army painter Cultist Cloak. i paint most of my minis in sub-assembly lately. My guardian heads are primates Grey Seer. On the one hand, it makes the color go on a bit more smooth (I don’t have to add multiple layers of white to cover all that purple), and on the other hand it incentivizes me to get them painted if I want to use them. Edited February 18, 2024 by Cap'm Heckus 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6023595 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kage2020 Posted February 18, 2024 Share Posted February 18, 2024 6 hours ago, Cap'm Heckus said: i paint most of my minis in sub-assembly lately Wonderful. I'll take a look at the assembly instructions and see where the optional configuration is so that I'm not painting tiny areas on the final mini even if it means that I end up painting more surface area on the pre-assembled figure. Thank you for the confirmation! (I wish I could do this with the 3d printed minis that I have so much detail them! :) ) 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6023661 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cap'm Heckus Posted March 5, 2024 Author Share Posted March 5, 2024 Added a Viper and a 2nd wraith lord to my collection. Working on Shroud Runners next. 4 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6026376 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cap'm Heckus Posted March 5, 2024 Author Share Posted March 5, 2024 This is my scheme for the shroud runners 4 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6026377 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karak Norn Clansman Posted March 13, 2024 Share Posted March 13, 2024 Nice paintjobs! 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6027922 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pearson73 Posted March 19, 2024 Share Posted March 19, 2024 That's a cool paint job, purple and bone complement one another nicely. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6029028 Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheArtilleryman Posted March 19, 2024 Share Posted March 19, 2024 Love the bone finish on the vyper. Very cleanly done. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6029032 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cap'm Heckus Posted November 24, 2024 Author Share Posted November 24, 2024 Update: 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/382340-heck%E2%80%99s-eldar/#findComment-6077398 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now