First attempt with SoS. 2000 points.

Paladin777

I've got a game next Tuesday, and im thinking of running this list.

Spoiler

2000 Points Sons of Sanguinius detachment

**+ Character +**

Captain with Jump Pack [85pts]: Warlord, Plasma Pistol, Power Fist

Librarian in Terminator Armour [75pts]: Combi-weapon

Lieutenant [65pts]

Heavy Bolt Pistol, Master-crafted Bolt Rifle, Master-crafted Power Weapon

Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack [90pts]

**+ Battleline +**

3x assault ints, fist and Plasma Pistol on sergeant

5x Heavy Ints, 1 with Heavy Bolter

**+ Infantry +**

5x JAI, 1x with plasma, fist and plasma pistol on sergeant

6 BGV, plasma pistol on sergeant

3x eradicators, 1 with MM

3x bolter inceptors

5xTerminator

. Terminator Sergeant: Chainfist

. 1x with Terminator w/ Assault Cannon, Chainfist

. 3x with Power Fist and Storm Bolter

10x Vanguard Veteran Squad with Jump Packs Sergeant with Inferno Pistol

1x with Inferno Pistol

8x with storm shield

**+ Vehicle +**

Furioso Dreadnought (furioso fists, 2 heavy flamers, and magna grapple)

Land Raider

Land Raider Crusader 

I'm planning on running the BGV (with lieutenant) and AI's in one of the land raiders (dropping off units as needed), and the terminators in the other. The Jump Captaij and Jump SP are both likely to go with the VVets.

Eradicators and the furioso would be in strategic reserves (to hopefully take advantage of that sweet 7" charge), and the inceptors are in deep strike. I'm thinking of putting the JAI in deep strike too, as action monkeys that can actually punch something if need be. 

I'm not opposed to mixing up the party bus arrangements, but i do not have access to a redeemer. 

I'm limited by my collection and by how much hobby time I get, but I'm open to suggestions. 

I know you are limited by models but if you could would you consider changing out the VanVets for 10 DC and Lemartes ?  It would be simple to request a proxy.

Point for point DC are the best melee units in the entire Astartes codex.

You could drop the Jump Captain and the Sanguinary priest then.

The JAI are good action monkeys but so too are Scouts if you have them consider running them.  And that lieutenant?  Maybe try him out as a combo weapon lieutenant for more objective grabbing goodness.

Otherwise like your list what army are you going up against?

Edited by Ash
Clarity

Thanks for commenting!

The local RTT's (that I very much enjoy playing at, even I do poorly from having very limited practice) enforce a certain amount of wysiwyg, so I'm not proxying anything that I'm not likely to get/properly equip anytime soon. Considering I'm 100% convinced that non-intercessor DC are going the way of the dodo when the codex drops (with jump intercessor DC being added), I'm not going to spend my limited hobby time arm-swapping mine (who mostly have chainswords and bolt pistols), just to become invalid in a few months. So I'd rather work with what I either know will stay valid, or is already ready for tabletop. Am I gimping myself for the moment with this approach? Maybe... but I only get to play once a month, and thats if I'm lucky, so meta-chasing is very much not worth it for me.

My hobby time is also literally spoken for for the rest of the year... though I might be able to squeeze in a kitbash the Combi-weapon LT sometime though. Probably not by the next RTT though. 

I'm not 100% sure what I'm facing, but it think it's probably Custodes or TSons. 

Side note: my Pile 'o Shame has gotten out of control (over multiple armies), so I've made a new year's resolution to not buy any models in 2024. 

for what it's worth, heres my current list of assets. 

Spoiler

Blood angels painted asset list

Painted

Terminator captain

Terminator librarian

Gravis captain

Jump librarian (sad face)

Jump sanguinary priest

Jump captain x2 (they were lieutenants in 8th/9th), all need reworked arms

lieutenant with sword and storm bolter (MC bolt rifle)

1 jump captain with PF/plasma Pistol

1 Apothecary biologis

1 techmarine

5 Death Company (1w TH, 1w Psword/BP, 3w cs/BP)

5 Sanguinary Guard

5x Relic terminators

3 bolter inceptors

6 bolter aggressors

4x5 intercessors 

2x5 heavy intercessors

5x assault intercessors

2 dreadnaughts with TLLC 135 each

1 (ironclad) furioso dreadnaught 150

1 Librarian dreadnaught 

3 eradicators 95

3 attack bikes :(

3 eliminators 75

Assembled, Not painted:

6 BGV

6 plasma inceptors

1 furioso with frag cannon

5 jump intercessors

10 assault terminators

1 LR crusader

1 LR

I've also got another box of tweminators, a redemptor, a brutalis, 3 inceptors, and 3 eliminators still on-sprue. I've also got bits for a fair but if kit-bashing too. 

I know this is a fair few restrictions, but it's my reality.

Edited by Paladin777

I could also replace the LT with a techmarine to tag along with one of the land raiders. Probably the regular one as Lascannons hitting on 2+ is pretty tasty. 

Edited by Paladin777

2000 points doesn't go as far as it used to and I am finding it harder to write lists for this points tier than 1k.

1k you have to make harder decisions but some units shine without the death Star units that dominate 2k. 

2k points is enough to unlock death star units but not enough to get most of what you'd want.

2.5k used to be a thing, in a character ritch edition I think the extra 500 points makes armies much more unique.

Have to agree with the above advice, death company can't be overlooked. Also a personal observation is that although 2 land raiders are hard to deal with the points could be split into more assets and as deploy teleport homer seems shamelessly easy to score with shooty terminators doing well in the meta.