34 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Not quite sure why everyone's so salty on the prices.

• Inner Circle Companions are the same price as Bladeguard Veterans
  • Upgrade Sprue is the same price as the Black Templar and Cadian equivalents
  • Deathwing Knights are only £2.50 more than the new plastic Terminator kit.

Yeah, it's all what I was expecting. That's also why I picked up two of the Deathwing Assault boxes, the discounts are always worth it.

Not salty, just feels a lot for the companions, just 3 models.  Wasn't aware Bladeguard were that price. 

Glad I got me DWA box too. A second would have been nice but probably excessive given my backlog/intentions for the year to be a quieter one

I'll likely try and get the companions at some point, I do like the models, but no rush on these so may even be next year at the rate I am working on things.

I'd be more salty about the upgrade sprue costs except nearly all of my marines in my pile of shame are from Dark Imperium/Conquet or Indomitus/Imperium magazine so have fixed shoulder pads. I also have several older DA upgrade sprues knocking around for both firstborn and Primaris plus nearly 30 years of bits boxes and transfer sheets to call on. so not really something I'll be buying anyway.

1 hour ago, m_r_parker said:

Not quite sure why everyone's so salty on the prices.

• Inner Circle Companions are the same price as Bladeguard Veterans
  • Upgrade Sprue is the same price as the Black Templar and Cadian equivalents
  • Deathwing Knights are only £2.50 more than the new plastic Terminator kit.

Yeah, it's all what I was expecting. That's also why I picked up two of the Deathwing Assault boxes, the discounts are always worth it.

This.

As bad as it sounds this isn't any different (for the US at least). If anything the character prices are cheaper, in the states I feel like they're normally $45

I'll save my price grumbling for the inevitable yearly price increase but at least for those in the states these aren't bad comparatively

1 hour ago, lhg033 said:

Glad I got me DWA box too. A second would have been nice but probably excessive given my backlog/intentions for the year to be a quieter one

I'll likely try and get the companions at some point, I do like the models, but no rush on these so may even be next year at the rate I am working on things.

I'd be more salty about the upgrade sprue costs except nearly all of my marines in my pile of shame are from Dark Imperium/Conquet or Indomitus/Imperium magazine so have fixed shoulder pads. I also have several older DA upgrade sprues knocking around for both firstborn and Primaris plus nearly 30 years of bits boxes and transfer sheets to call on. so not really something I'll be buying anyway.

Yeah, the upgrade sprue is all that shocked me as well.  Like you, with the DWA box, several old Primaris upgrade sprues, and tons of old bits I’ll never need to buy those separately either.

On 2/19/2024 at 11:28 PM, skylerboodie said:

New Dark Angels Combat Patrol also now coming out at the same time; Preview article has been updated.

"This box contains 19 miniatures, including a Captain in Gravis Armour, three Bladeguard Veterans, five Hellblasters, and 10 Intercessors. On top of that you’ll get two Dark Angels Primaris Upgrade sprues, and three transfer sheets containing 221 decals each – note that these are different from the Dark Angels Upgrades and Transfers described above."

3 sheets? …663 decals?

4 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

"This box contains 19 miniatures, including a Captain in Gravis Armour, three Bladeguard Veterans, five Hellblasters, and 10 Intercessors. On top of that you’ll get two Dark Angels Primaris Upgrade sprues, and three transfer sheets containing 221 decals each – note that these are different from the Dark Angels Upgrades and Transfers described above."

3 sheets? …663 decals?

Now I'm wondering which transfer sheet is this? Is this the transfer sheet that was on the Deathwing Assault packaging but wasn't actually inside the box?

I know it's the same talk or discussion, and it's not a surprise but never the less I always be sad to see that 4 belial or asmodai are the equivalent in price of an entire combat patrol with 19 miniature and 2 DA upgrade sprues.

I know for game players you'll probably need only one character/mini but for a hobbyst/collector/painter like me who maybe wants one or two (cause Emperor Forbid GW will someday start to sell us bits again) the price is absurd.

20 euros/30 dollars/18-20 pounds would be better, still pricey but not insane.

Oh well, I will focus on my back catalogue.

1 hour ago, Alby the Slayer said:

I know it's the same talk or discussion, and it's not a surprise but never the less I always be sad to see that 4 belial or asmodai are the equivalent in price of an entire combat patrol with 19 miniature and 2 DA upgrade sprues.

I know for game players you'll probably need only one character/mini but for a hobbyst/collector/painter like me who maybe wants one or two (cause Emperor Forbid GW will someday start to sell us bits again) the price is absurd.

20 euros/30 dollars/18-20 pounds would be better, still pricey but not insane.

Oh well, I will focus on my back catalogue.

You said it.  I liken GWs prices to taxes in that I wouldn't mind paying them if they saw return on investment.  For these prices, you'd expect the models to outclass home designed, 3d printed models, but they often don't.   Or the rules to be fun, flavorful, and balanced,  but they're not.  Lore is subjective so no comment,  but it feels un40k to remember the not so long ago when sixty bucks got you this.   

Heroes-of-the-Adeptus.png

2 hours ago, FarFromSam said:

You said it.  I liken GWs prices to taxes in that I wouldn't mind paying them if they saw return on investment.  For these prices, you'd expect the models to outclass home designed, 3d printed models, but they often don't.   Or the rules to be fun, flavorful, and balanced,  but they're not.  Lore is subjective so no comment,  but it feels un40k to remember the not so long ago when sixty bucks got you this.   

The not so long ago...? That released 24 years ago.

2 hours ago, FarFromSam said:

Ignoring the age of that limited edition discount box alone, I can absolutely believe there are lots of 3d cad sculptors out there that can make amazing stuff that is just as good/better. The difference is the accessibility to the technology to firstly access it as a hobby, then the technology for people to make them, is very new. Mini design will be a very niche market of questionable pay, but there will always be talented artists who never pursued it as a career.

The rest of the post is subjective, including the above point in honesty.

Edited by Mogger351

1 hour ago, Matcap86 said:

The not so long ago...? That released 24 years ago.

That is true but the Triumvirate of the Imperium/Primarch/Ynnead was 7 years ago(with even a Primarch!) and it was some 60 € :happy:.

But I don't want to drag this topic too much in prices discussion, there is no point, I'm glad DA fans can have a big wave of cool minis and I can't wait to see some other chapter (maybe even the often forgotten Raven Guard, Iron Hands, Salamanders and White Scars) get the same treatment!

Edited by Alby the Slayer

11 hours ago, MoriyaSchism said:

Now I'm wondering which transfer sheet is this? Is this the transfer sheet that was on the Deathwing Assault packaging but wasn't actually inside the box?

It'll be the current DA sheet that's been in use since 2017. The two new ones both have different numbers of decals.

On 2/23/2024 at 10:11 AM, zarkkarn said:

Glad I managed to pick up a couple of upgrade sprues on ebay, especially if not going to see them discounted through combat patrol like templars. 

The combat patrol has 2 upgrade sprues in them?

18 minutes ago, Matcap86 said:

The combat patrol has 2 upgrade sprues in them?

Not the new sprue packed with the deathwing assault though. Which is a big shame as templars got their new upgradr included in the combat patrol it would have been a nice prrcident to set that thr upgrades were subsidised in the relevant patrols. The old dark angel primaris sprue is pretty lack luster compared to the new one.

28 minutes ago, zarkkarn said:

Not the new sprue packed with the deathwing assault though. Which is a big shame as templars got their new upgradr included in the combat patrol it would have been a nice prrcident to set that thr upgrades were subsidised in the relevant patrols. The old dark angel primaris sprue is pretty lack luster compared to the new one.

Wait wait, they skimped and put in the poor ones… wow