Chronicles of the Venak'Tor Nox - a Night Lords warband

large.ChroniclesoftheVenaktorNox.jpg.dcf3c5541dd1044dfce6c2ed15bc7e4e.jpg

+The Long War continues. We have waged it for an eternity. It is all we know.+

large.1197508087_PXL_20220707_2157189062.jpg.d2952f4869b706e6ea90f4189721d148.jpg

--------

+This world is dying. It chokes on the ash of its charred corpse as the fire burns out. The defenders had stood little chance, for all their bravery and prayers. They had been annihilated by a nightmare more ancient then they could understand. Those that remain will fuel our eternal war, as currency or labour or sport. Only embers will remain.+

--------

large.PXL_20240225_0447462823.jpg.e91a05b5d27ebbab6579f3e495646c10.jpg

Kaygil Jathea
Corsair Queen
Lord of the Crimson Tongue, Gladiatrix, Bride of Eternal Night.

--------

+She is blood drenched silk. A blade dragged across virgin skin. She revels in the sadistic cruelty of her kind, feeding off of it. A thing of sensual torment. She maims and slaughters a path through any foe as if it were an intimate dance. She longs to feel their last breath upon her skin, hear their final words whispered in her ear, to taste hot arterial blood on her lips.+

--------

+We have courted Eldar pirates to prey on the Imperium, trading our currency of flesh for their embrace. Traitors to our species. Desperation has changed us all, but none can judge us. We know we are damned.+

--------

large.PXL_20231007_0810257074.jpg.adcf08eae3f312b6ae11dc72134d846e.jpg

Lord Kharon
Chaos Sorcerer
Wytch Blood, Midnight Seer, Ferryman.

--------

+We have waged endless wars on countless worlds. We have slain unknown and unnamed Xenos horrors and Legion-kin alike. Bound Daemons to our will, sacrificed our humanity, sold our souls, all to kill a dying empire. We must follow it into oblivion, for our sins are uncounted.+

--------

large.PXL_20230706_0259424472.jpg.c9e3281343f0827bc44c7ae6ebd8166a.jpg

Second Claw - The Huntsmen, led by Lady Eileen the Crow
Chaos Legionaries
Brotherhood of a dead world, Orphans of a mad Father. The Warbands truest warriors.

--------

+They are a dark reflection of the Imperiums angels. Many have grown cold, bitter. They resent fate. The war we must wage. Our own failings and the failings of our fathers. It is they who bear the weight of the humanities sins. They who have become our forefathers deepest fears. Creatures of the void, descending upon humanity to murder and ravage and enslave.+

--------

large.PXL_20230902_0541389823.jpg.f0797d957c0c6080574dde6911bee35d.jpg

Fourth Claw - The Charnal Host, led by Champion Augustus
Khorne Berzerkers
Eaters of Worlds. Berserkers. Their devotion to the War God is absolute, their butchery and slaughter unrivalled.

--------
+Blood. They scream for it, raging like heartbroken children. Thirsting for it, eternally.+

--------

large.PXL_20230902_0515046444.jpg.b421b51c8ef3b3b014f02e78333208eb.jpg

Centurion
Chaos Dreadnought

A wretched son of the Legion brought to madness, a dying husk driven by hate and failure.

--------

+The growl of engines. The heavy tread of the machine and the roar of Astartes weaponry. The stink of oil and the scent of ash on the wind. Mechanized warfare.+

--------

large.PXL_20231030_0152477753.jpg.899935eed86be82f3339ee1c2641918a.jpg
Cult of the Red Angel - led by Champion Varrus

Chaos Raptors
Drinkers of blood and eaters of flesh, carrion in all but name. Though they remain loyal, the sin of their cannibalism cannot be ignored.

--------

+We raid and ravage the world's of the Imperium like the nightmares of Old Night. Enslaving those we do not kill, plundering their resources and riches. We have become everything our species once feared. We are the dead.+

--------

-VENEK'TOR NOX-

-LORDS OF THE END TIMES-

- Lord on Juggernaut
Kaygil Jathea - Corsair Queen

Lord Charon - Chaos Sorcerer
Slave-Knight Tor'vek - Terminator Lord

-SLAVES TO DARKNESS-
First Claw, The Ashen Lords - Chaos Terminators
Second Claw, The Huntsmen - Chaos Legionaries
Third Claw, Vilebloods - Chaos Legionaries

Fourth Claw, The Charnal Host - Khorne Berzerkers

Centurion - Chaos Dreadnought
Cult of the Red Angel - Chaos Raptors 

-AUXILIARIES-

Banshee Queens

Forge-born

--------

I figured it was about time I start working through the lore of my warband. Despite being a recent-ish project, I've been bouncing ideas around for a Night Lords army for about a decade, ever since seeing Dan the Demons amazing project and reading Soul Hunter. (take a shot every time that inspired a NL army, good god) While the Night Lords are known for being godless atheists, my own party of heretics are falling to the Blood God thanks to the influence of some World Eaters and my own love for the Lord of Skulls. I have a rough layout for the warband, not including special additions like Khârn/Abaddon/Angron, as they're fun side projects but not part of the warbands story. A couple squads will be expanded, both the Raptors and Berzerkers, and I'd like to add some vehicles to the mix, but for the most part, that's pretty much the army.

The current star is, of course, Kaygil. She represents a years long desire to give the Night Lords some friends in the form of sadistic murder elves. I always thought they would get along. Plus, it gave me the chance to indulge in my love for both Eldar Pirates and warrior women. She's very singular, standing out nicely among the Night Lords and World Eaters. I doubt I'll be painting more Eldar, but she represents a xenos presence in the warband and fleet and I'm very happy with the finished model. She has an interesting relationship with the Lord of the warband, but more on them when GW releases the Nightmare set and I can finish the model.

More to come, though updates will be less frequent than my WIP thread so don't get too excited.

Happy hunting, heretics

Gorgeous work. The Dark Eldar is nice touch, too, always fun to have traitors and renegades being willing to ignore the Imperium's ban on dealing with aliens. Lovely to see the old Chaos Dread, too!

Will be keeping a close eye on the project, eager to see more!

On 2/28/2024 at 2:30 AM, Wormwoods said:

Gorgeous work. The Dark Eldar is nice touch, too, always fun to have traitors and renegades being willing to ignore the Imperium's ban on dealing with aliens. Lovely to see the old Chaos Dread, too!

Will be keeping a close eye on the project, eager to see more!

Thanks! I've always found it odd that the forces of Chaos still have a disdain for Xenos allies. Like, one on hand I get it, the Imperiums indoctrination runs deep, but on the other I always wondered what some Marines and Warbands would look like if they got over that particular phobia. I'm really excited to share more on that aspect of the warband, but I'm waiting to finish the Chaos Lord before spilling the beans.

These all look amazing, great job!

I do really like the idea that Xenos, Eldar especially, would have a good amount of them that would just give up and join Chaos. Like "Whelp, my soul is doomed to an eternity of damnation anyways, may as well make a mark on the universe before I go"

Looking forward to what you have in store next! :happy:

Trysanna,

Your Night Lords are jaw-dropping in the creativity of the conversions and the sheer poetry of your painting. You have done fine work indeed!

I especially like the small touches: patina on the Bezerkers' armor, smaller helmet wings from the undead kits, and the red honey hue of the bolter troopers' bloody tabards. Outstanding!

I will have to try out a pink plasma weapon in my NL. It goes very well with our factions' colors.

Yes, my own Night Lords house, House Nightfall, has no complaints being hired by or working alongside Xenos. As long as the end goal is to spit in the face of the Imperium.

And often during games with Dark Eldar players my opponent and I agree that they forces and our forces would probably get along if doing so were both in their interests. If nothing else, both factions share a penchant for flaying and wearing human flesh.

I too will enjoy watching your Army progress!

These look great! I echo Tallarn Commander's appreciation of the pink plasma, and I would like to point out that it is the most scientifically accurate color for plasma coils (to my limited understanding, anyway). As far as I am aware, the lore for plasma weapons is that they are full of hydrogen gas which has been electronically excited to plasma. A real life hydrogen discharge tube is a beautiful, purple/pink/magenta color. I'd love to do something similar for my warband's plasma weapons.

Posted (edited)

large.PXL_20240304_0616086122.jpg.ff7b75096e5bb7bf231acb8bf48507a0.jpg
Slave-Knight Tor'vek
Chaos Terminator Lord
Iron Hound of Kalixus, Last of the Quintarchy, Curse Bearer.
--------
+All the hate and loathing of the Imperium reflected in one of its many damned sons. His oaths and honour keep him obedient, but corruption will make a ruin of such nobility.
--------
+Ten thousand wars, an eternity of blood, power beyond mortal comprehension. All wasted, cast aside in a vain attempt to recapture a former glory. Where once a knight stood, now only shame remains.+
--------

Wasn't expecting to knock out another model so soon, but inspiration struck and I ran with it. While I originally had built him as THE Chaos Lord of the warband, the release of the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut and my own fickle whims have since demoted him. Still, for a model I built years ago, possibly a decade, I'm pretty happy with the results.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:47 AM, Tallarn Commander said:

Trysanna,

Your Night Lords are jaw-dropping in the creativity of the conversions and the sheer poetry of your painting. You have done fine work indeed!

I especially like the small touches: patina on the Bezerkers' armor, smaller helmet wings from the undead kits, and the red honey hue of the bolter troopers' bloody tabards.

Outstanding!

I will have to try out a pink plasma weapon in my NL. It goes very well with our factions' colors.

Thanks! I'm really happy with all those details, the bat winged helms especially. A lot of people assume they're 3d printed, which I find amusing. I'll have to keep an eye on your Night Lords, I'd love to see more poeple use the hot pink/magenta look for Plasma weapons. One of these days I'll have to do a tutorial for it!

On 3/1/2024 at 1:54 PM, Lord Abaia said:

These look great! I echo Tallarn Commander's appreciation of the pink plasma, and I would like to point out that it is the most scientifically accurate color for plasma coils (to my limited understanding, anyway). As far as I am aware, the lore for plasma weapons is that they are full of hydrogen gas which has been electronically excited to plasma. A real life hydrogen discharge tube is a beautiful, purple/pink/magenta color. I'd love to do something similar for my warband's plasma weapons.

I decided to look that up and it's beautiful! I had no idea, I picked the colour based entirely on my memory of the 200-whatever Space Marine game, where Chaos had something similar. It looked so striking to me that I decided whenever I got around to my Night Lords, I'd use it as inspiration. 10 years later and I'm really happy with that choice.

Edited by Trysanna