THE MARCH FOR MARCH! Painting Challenge- A casual month long painting event.

That terminator chaplain is by far the best space marine model ever.  The newest larger scale one is absolute garbage in comparison.  And that paint job you have pulled off their mate just sells it.  But thats what I would expect from you mate.

And those possessed... wow...   what more can I say.

Keep up the good work guys.  Its great to see what you are all getting done.

@Montuhotep condolences. Sorry for your loss! As others have said, real-life comes first but the board will be here when you are ready. 

@Brother Argent that's crap news about the paints etc! Hopefully the experience has settled somewhat and you are able to continue with your pledge or at least stay in the hobby! On a lighter note, you maybe able to part ex the fam for paints/brushes?

With my progress, the vets are nearly completed. Just a couple of details left to do. The blade guard are undercoated and I've started a load of bases in preparation. Although the dread is nowhere near. It's base is done. 

PXL_20240320_112327079.jpg

28 minutes ago, Dwango said:

Oh no. The sausage is out of the bun. I mean cat out of the bag. 

At least no one can deny that meatball planet is a proven fact. Sausage wise I am less convinced...

But back on your pledge: Do you plan to have the whole force based with this very same jungle mat style? I find it really rad. The base only does not look like it needs a dreadnought on it to look über cool. I hope we will see your whole stuff soon.  Great teaser.

Edited by Bouargh

2 hours ago, Bouargh said:

At least no one can deny that meatball planet is a proven fact. Sausage wise I am less convinced...

But back on your pledge: Do you plan to have the whole force based with this very same jungle mat style? I find it really rad. The base only does not look like it needs a dreadnought on it to look über cool. I hope we will see your whole stuff soon.  Great teaser.

I do indeed. I managed to paint the Deathwing assault box plus a term libby last month and 5 sternguard so far this month with this basing scheme. I'm trying to get involved with a slow grow league so I'm looking to get a full 2k force done. My game time is limited at the minute but that means more time to paint. I'm not sure what drew me to the jungle theme but I figure they are on a forest walk with the Lion so the jungle is Caliban. Hence the fallen statue and broken flooring. 

Once I have these done I'll only need to do Azrael plus another unit, possibly outriders and an ATV or maybe some infiltrators. 

I have managed to finish the van vets tonight, they just need a matt varnish on, and the swords for the bladeguard. 

@Brother Argent That sucks man. Totally understandable to take a break. 

Some great progress on here guys. Those Possessed are something fierce. 

I got my Devastator Squads done over the past few days. Not the best but considering I've only really been painting since January not too shabby. Paint on the mini is a victory itself and with every mini I get more practice and more learning. 

20240319_085117.jpg

20240319_085311.jpg

20240317_130129.jpg

Progress update:

The Stormsurge now has paint on every part. It’s feeling like a lot of progress, but there is still a looooong way to go - the Ghostkeel is there to give you an idea just how much more there is to do. Every single bit of the model needs two highlights, followed by tidying up of mistakes.

IMG_3569.thumb.jpeg.116db5dc3b07952e84798c0169d3e5f1.jpeg

I'm starting to worry about finishing this pledge on time now. If I were to leave him there and move on to the other models, I might just be able to get them all to this stage if I paint every day this week, but there’s no chance I’ll get them all fully done. I’ve just been mad busy this month… darn 

Edited by TheArtilleryman

Well... what a month so far.  I started with such high hopes and procrastination and the two disheartening episode with my kids leading to the destruction of a large number of my paints and almost all my brushes has well and truly shot me down. 

It was always a mad dream to get all this stuff done.  But madness is where I relish and thrive.  Despite everything I am still trying.  I am officially one guardsman squad done:

large.GuardsmanSquad1After.jpg.084d497a582b921f4fbe2859a3568c61.jpg.0f5a7aa582e099857e13134925e2aebc.jpg

Colours are still not showing properly.  The shirt/jacket is a much lighter green then the pants but, eh.  I am happy enough with them.  In the interest of possibly achieving something I have decided to drop the 1% for now.  That is to say heat staining, transfers, little lights etc.  I am pushing through to get what I can done done.  I am currently pushing through on assembly but family commitments etc have meant I have still not got everything done.  Still, at least if I have everything assembled I can get that game in at the end of the month.

@TheArtilleryman Dude... that is amazing.  I don't understand how people can paint such fine details on such big models.  If you can get all your stuff to that level by months end, I'd consider it a win.  Keep up the awesome work mate.

@The Praetorian of Inwit Only painting since January and you are consistently pulling of a solid yellow, thats some great work their mate.  The fact that it is real marines (non of this primaris garbage) makes it even better.  Every model is a chance to improve and with that dedication mate you will go far.

@Dwango That base is impressive mate.  In fact I don't think impressive does it justice.  I'd almost go so far to say it is epic.  Keep it going.

So to everyone pushing along here just remember what I needed to remind myself:

" A man isn't defeated when he looses, he is defeated when he gives up,"

Last of the possessed finished:

Spoiler

large.FinalPossessed.jpg.7d780fd4f4cf91e

Going to try to get the rest done this week,, but I don't have high hopes. Honestly happy the possessed are done, I am pretty happy with them. I'll see about getting a group shot of them towards the end of the week. Hopefully with some terminator friends.

6 hours ago, Brother Argent said:

Well... what a month so far.  I started with such high hopes and procrastination and the two disheartening episode with my kids leading to the destruction of a large number of my paints and almost all my brushes has well and truly shot me down. 

It was always a mad dream to get all this stuff done.  But madness is where I relish and thrive.  Despite everything I am still trying.  I am officially one guardsman squad done:

large.GuardsmanSquad1After.jpg.084d497a582b921f4fbe2859a3568c61.jpg.0f5a7aa582e099857e13134925e2aebc.jpg

Colours are still not showing properly.  The shirt/jacket is a much lighter green then the pants but, eh.  I am happy enough with them.  In the interest of possibly achieving something I have decided to drop the 1% for now.  That is to say heat staining, transfers, little lights etc.  I am pushing through to get what I can done done.  I am currently pushing through on assembly but family commitments etc have meant I have still not got everything done.  Still, at least if I have everything assembled I can get that game in at the end of the month.

@TheArtilleryman Dude... that is amazing.  I don't understand how people can paint such fine details on such big models.  If you can get all your stuff to that level by months end, I'd consider it a win.  Keep up the awesome work mate.

@The Praetorian of Inwit Only painting since January and you are consistently pulling of a solid yellow, thats some great work their mate.  The fact that it is real marines (non of this primaris garbage) makes it even better.  Every model is a chance to improve and with that dedication mate you will go far.

@Dwango That base is impressive mate.  In fact I don't think impressive does it justice.  I'd almost go so far to say it is epic.  Keep it going.

So to everyone pushing along here just remember what I needed to remind myself:

" A man isn't defeated when he looses, he is defeated when he gives up,"

Thanks for the kind words. I’m glad you managed to find the motivation to get some more done, despite your setbacks. I really like the scheme you’ve gone for with the infantry there, and with the customisation they look incredibly unique. I wanted to do my own custom guard regiment, but in the end never got around to buying the parts, so just painted the standard Cadian heads. This makes me wish I had done. Great work.

I’m gonna have to have a play with contrast paints …

Edited by TheArtilleryman

On 3/21/2024 at 12:40 PM, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

@Brother Argent That sucks man. Totally understandable to take a break. 

Some great progress on here guys. Those Possessed are something fierce. 

I got my Devastator Squads done over the past few days. Not the best but considering I've only really been painting since January not too shabby. Paint on the mini is a victory itself and with every mini I get more practice and more learning. 

Like others have said your yellow has been so consistently good that is definitely something to be proud of. Your trim/detail work has been coming out well as well. Great progress for everyone else as well! Those guard look great and love the storm surge! Also, always nice to see an ironclad, well done!