2 hours ago, Watch Captain said:

Having bought a display case for a large Lego Star Wars ship at a 'quiet'time for them and having to wait 9 weeks for delivery doesn't give me much hope that they'll be able to cope with potential demand for GW fans...

Should be delivered at the same time as your order placed with GW then :laugh:

Joking aside, I'll consider getting one to see how it is, and maybe more if decent. I'd like to display minis that aren't in a wall unit, and some I've tried are a bit flimsy. Expensive? Yes, but if it's only a couple I might splash out.

Also considering the book... It would be delivered for my birthday after all :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

I think they’ll be suitably priced ..for whales… :dry:

Normal people who pay bills,feed kids and pay mortgages won’t bother …:sweat: that’d be me :laugh: , and I’m not going to lie and say I’m happy for you if you can afford these ludicrously expensive clear boxes… :tongue:

I mean they're certainly not Detolf or Blåliden that's true, but not everyone has space for those, and every other display box in that size class that I can find with a quick google is actually more expensive (except one; the "Syringa 300mm", below that we start seeing buffet trays? which honestly don't seem like that terrible an idea). After that one could build a case by themselves, which will obviously be the cheapest option, but at least in my case I don't have space to even attempt.

And while it's true that this is mostly for whales that buy expensive clear plastic crap, I would argue that most of us at least microdose the whaledom a bit when they buy expensive unpainted plastic crap (exept of course those peeps that build their own everything but those are a class of their own either way)

Edited by Nephaston
a smidge more words

Just buy a glass display case from Ikea. I got one for about $200 and it’s huge. Fits my 40k, a couple of historical models, and a working model 911 motor. Gets some great looks and confused comments from normies that visit my home office. A lot of “oh, wow, that’s um, interesting.” As if the inlaws didn’t have enough reason to think that I was weird :yes:

21 minutes ago, Rain said:

Just buy a glass display case from Ikea. I got one for about $200 and it’s huge. Fits my 40k, a couple of historical models, and a working model 911 motor. Gets some great looks and confused comments from normies that visit my home office. A lot of “oh, wow, that’s um, interesting.” As if the inlaws didn’t have enough reason to think that I was weird :yes:

I have two "Billy" cabinets (with doors) from Ikea that easily, and prettily, holds all except three of my armies in them.

Said other three are my 'premier' 30K armies who get their own nice rounded-glass-sides curios cabinet inherited from my father.

Exactly the same ideology here of bang for buck while looking good.