Rumoured box set wish list.

Hail Brothers,

Might be getting a tad ahead of myself here but what are your hopes for the rumoured BA box set in June?

My take from the battle with Anggaron is the Sanguinary guard were wiped out so highly likely they will be in.

Maybe DC jump packs also?

Finally I've heard a few brother's reference a DC brutalis dread as a wish list item priority and I second that.

Even one as a character would be huge as it's been a while since we've had one (for a chapter with 3 unique dreads we should get at least 1 character).

The current rumours from Valrak are that we will be getting new Death Company, new Sanguinary Guard, Lemartes, Astorath and the Sanguinor. Based on the DA set, I would guess something like this:

2 Blood Angels Upgrade sprues (muscle torsos, DC iconography etc)

10 Jump Intercessors (can be made into DC using parts from the above)

5 new Sanguinary Guard

Lemartes

Ltd ed Codex

Data cards

My guess is that Astorath and the Sanguinor will be released separately in the same way as Asmodai and Lion El'Johnson.

This is just my guess based on the currently available rumours. It would roughly track with what the DA got although it would mean we don't get an equivalent to the Inner Circle Companions. Possibly there is one more unit coming out for us but if so, there have ben no rumours of it.

8 hours ago, Karhedron said:

The current rumours from Valrak are that we will be getting new Death Company, new Sanguinary Guard, Lemartes, Astorath and the Sanguinor. Based on the DA set, I would guess something like this:

5 new Sanguinary Guard

Lemartes

Ltd ed Codex

Data cards

My guess is that Astorath and the Sanguinor will be released separately in the same way as Asmodai and Lion El'Johnson.

This is just my guess based on the currently available rumours. It would roughly track with what the DA got although it would mean we don't get an equivalent to the Inner Circle Companions. Possibly there is one more unit coming out for us but if so, there have ben no rumours of it.

I would be a very happy space vampire if this would turn out to be true :wub:

Is it possible that the BA codex may bring with it a Primaris Jump Chaplain?

If so, I could see it being in the starter set.

Regardless, you're getting 10 JP-Intercessors either way.

Maybe with Jump Captain if the box itself doesn't add a JP-Character, but rather a new "generic" unit.

Maybe Inceptors as well? I can see GW just going "BA have Jump Packs, so here's the kitchen sink of JP-Units."

That said, it's likely that at least one new BA unit will also be a JP-Unit, so that could replace some of the JP-Intercessors.

ETA: Obviously 2 sprues of the BA upgrade kit. Probably with fancier JPs in it. (Expect people to be reselling those for profit if they're in it)

Edited by Indy Techwisp
Upgrade sprue

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Maybe with Jump Captain if the box itself doesn't add a JP-Character, but rather a new "generic" unit.

Maybe Inceptors as well? I can see GW just going "BA have Jump Packs, so here's the kitchen sink of JP-Units."

That said, it's likely that at least one new BA unit will also be a JP-Unit, so that could replace some of the JP-Intercessors.

ETA: Obviously 2 sprues of the BA upgrade kit. Probably with fancier JPs in it. (Expect people to be reselling those for profit if they're in it)

Don't mention resell. Terrified I'll miss out to a reseller. Also don't mention the sprues and those tiny chains words.

9 minutes ago, Brother Raul said:

Don't mention resell. Terrified I'll miss out to a reseller. Also don't mention the sprues and those tiny chains words.

Hey, I'd rather buy just the Wing Packs from someone selling them on than the entire box just for 4 fancy jump packs

2 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I wouldn’t mind some inceptors, gravis units are so expensive it’s hard justifying buying just that one kit.

On 3/9/2024 at 6:54 PM, Karhedron said:

5 new Sanguinary Guard

Lemartes

Ltd ed Codex

Data cards

My guess is that Astorath and the Sanguinor will be released separately in the same way as Asmodai and Lion El'Johnson

Did he mention how big the new Sanguinor model will be?

5 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Not that I recall but one specific phrase he mentioned hearing in relation to the Sanguinor was "The Shard of Sanguinius".

Interesting to see if they try and explain it lore wise. Whatever they are could not cross the Rubicon?

To be honest I'm surprised no SP Primaris. It will probably come eventually as think they need it most.

Plenty of models have been revamped without an in-universe explanation, most of the CSM characters for instance. In any case, the Sanguinor is a psychic being to some extent. The opening of the Great Rift and the Psychic Awakening could be used to justify it receiving a larger and more potent incarnation.

1 hour ago, Brother Raul said:

Interesting to see if they try and explain it lore wise. Whatever they are could not cross the Rubicon?

"Since The Sanguinor is the spirit of the Blood Angels incarnate, as the chapter increased in average height due to the addition Primaris Marines, The Sanguinor grew taller in order to still stand above the BA Battlebrothers."

~Games Workshop (some random White Dwarf article 8 months after the supplement releases)

I"m not sure what else they'd lean into for a box that wouldn't just be "Red Marines leaning towards assault", which is what we got in the Christmas Battleforce.

If they release a box that is heavily SG, people will really only need to buy that single box and never another SG, as I can't see them becoming a unit that becomes a 3x in a list.

DC is at least something that is taken in larger amounts, is obviously bespoke BA (much how Cream Terminators are obviously DA), and needs an update.

As far as a box that mirrors what DA got, a box with Lemartes, 10 DC, and a DC Brutalis comes pretty close.  I'd be shocked to see PRIMARIS Lemartes, but maybe just a bulkier first born version?  I'm a little shocked he's continuing forward, maybe it'll just be Astorath (Or an Astorath/Lemartes dual kit!?  That'd go over like a wet fart in church).

maybe, its just a frustration of mine.

Honestly I'd love to see them do something with the old veteran assault squad we had or the return of honour guard (with sanguinary guard instead being more firmly the chapter masters guard), a new bespoke unique unit like DA got the ICC.

anyway, it just annoys me as it'll mean most of the bespoke stuff on an upgrade sprue will probably have the annoying red crosses.

5 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

I"m not sure what else they'd lean into for a box that wouldn't just be "Red Marines leaning towards assault", which is what we got in the Christmas Battleforce.

If they release a box that is heavily SG, people will really only need to buy that single box and never another SG, as I can't see them becoming a unit that becomes a 3x in a list.

DC is at least something that is taken in larger amounts, is obviously bespoke BA (much how Cream Terminators are obviously DA), and needs an update.

As far as a box that mirrors what DA got, a box with Lemartes, 10 DC, and a DC Brutalis comes pretty close.  I'd be shocked to see PRIMARIS Lemartes, but maybe just a bulkier first born version?  I'm a little shocked he's continuing forward, maybe it'll just be Astorath (Or an Astorath/Lemartes dual kit!?  That'd go over like a wet fart in church).

Hmm, let’s see here

1 SHP

1 chappy

5 SG

5 DC

5 JPIs

5 AIs

not that hard to figure out without leaning super heavy into DC.

that being said, what’s wrong with a boxset being ‘red marines’ with an assault focus if the units work well with our army?

52 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Hmm, let’s see here

1 SHP

1 chappy

5 SG

5 DC

5 JPIs

5 AIs

not that hard to figure out without leaning super heavy into DC.

that being said, what’s wrong with a boxset being ‘red marines’ with an assault focus if the units work well with our army?

Because the point of what we are discussing is about a range refresh and the box that comes alongside it, and my post is a more realistic take considering what has come out already in these boxes (see BT, see DA).

I'm not arguing what would be a good or on theme box, but what would be a theme box that also includes at least one new unit and a couple of units that would majorly benefit from an upgrade sprue, much like the DA box (DWKnights for their new unit, Upgraded Terminators for their upgrade sprue unit, Belial as a leader).

I don't expect them to not lean into what is distinct about the BA. Red Marine isn't distinct, but Death Company is literally one of our biggest defining factors.  Your box is at least one squad too big, and has way one too many new units; Inner Circle Companions weren't in the new DA box, I don't imagine Sanguinary Guard will be in ours (or I guess it could be DC but I already explained why I don't think that's gonna be the case).

Basically I could see a single unit or two of Jump Intercessors or assault intercessors, but I'd bet they are gonna be DC themed with whatever upgrade sprue comes out way. And then the big "new" could be the dread, maybe?  Going with the rumor coming out of valrak, I anticipate;

Lemartes

10 Jump AI

Brutalis Dread

2x Upgrade Sprue

And it kinda blows cuz we are getting one less distinct new unit in favor of more upgrade sprue bull.

I'm not saying that's what I want, but that's a fair expectation and matches up with what other releases have been. I think yours is out of line with what we would expect to see out of GW with their current practices. 

Edited by DemonGSides

It feels kinda strange to me, that I probably won't buy the new dedicated BA box in the end. Whilst I'm an absolut BA fan boy, I love the current Lemartes model and mine is already painted. I have droves of DCs in all flavors and even around 10 still on sprue. I also already had begun even before the dawn of Primaris marines to give them a slight height boost with a lil bit of greenstuff btw their legs and torso. And finally I already have a brutalis dread. 

Those new models really have to be fantastic to justify buying them. Early access to codex? We'll GW, that's the downside for you after simplifying the rules... It's easy to get the complete army rules from somewhere. Even while watching some batreps you could catch everything important you need to know. Will I buy new stuff from the BA release? Sure as hell! But this box somehow is a little bit disappointing as @Blindhamster already said. Well, it's probably aimed at new players and it will sell for sure, but still feels strange to me. I wanna be the target audience :biggrin:

Edited by Rhavien