Rumoured box set wish list.

19 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

which bit has you giving the thumbs down?

For me it was the death company focused box, I have never liked modern GWs insistance on leaning so heavily into the DC.

Putting aside the fact that this box isn't aimed at me, I'm not a huge fan of GW's current model and this isn't the thread for me to rant about it.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:47 AM, Karhedron said:

New rumours in from Valrak. Looks like being heavy on the DC.

I could kiss you. I also really like that update. DC brutalis dread is a big tick for me.

On 3/12/2024 at 12:48 AM, Karhedron said:

Plenty of models have been revamped without an in-universe explanation, most of the CSM characters for instance. In any case, the Sanguinor is a psychic being to some extent. The opening of the Great Rift and the Psychic Awakening could be used to justify it receiving a larger and more potent incarnation.

I'd absolutely take a vague explanation over a vague absolute explanation.

'Azkellian came back and crossed the Rubicon but had to go back to the warp. Or world roots, we aren't sure'.

'As the blood angels position became more dire, so too did the Sanguinors' visage and it seemed his very stature had grown to match the size of the battle brothers that now whispered his name when all seemed lost'

On 3/12/2024 at 5:40 AM, Blindhamster said:

which bit has you giving the thumbs down?

For me it was the death company focused box, I have never liked modern GWs insistance on leaning so heavily into the DC.

Especially if they drop back to a AI profile with one thunder hammer to five marines.

On 3/13/2024 at 12:52 AM, Jolemai said:

Putting aside the fact that this box isn't aimed at me, I'm not a huge fan of GW's current model and this isn't the thread for me to rant about it.

You've earnt a rant or two, it's big changes. So many things I don't agree with as well but the plot advancement has turned me into Lisa Simpson and those new marines into ponies.

• 3 weeks later...

Somewhat indirect but GW have just published the photos for the new Night Lords sprues. That probably helps calibrate our expectations for any future BA sprues. Lots of shoulder pads and helmets seems a given with a sprinkling of distinctive weapons and a unique torso.

Mf58vLIZQPSj2jN9.jpg0gTEfgBwRNse4NfQ.jpg

Tbh if upgrade sprues are primarily shoulders and heads I will never buy an individual upgrade sprue.

what I would need to see to feel like they’re worth it is a body sprue

1 set of tacticus shoulders

1 set gravis shoulders

1 set terminator shoulders

2 gravis torsos

2 tacticus torsos

2 terminator torsos

a weapon sprue

2 shields

1 fist

1 encarmine style power weapon

1 priest style chainsword

2-3 SG style pistols/guns.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

I’m hopefully pessimistic about a new BA release, as in I am not looking forward to GW updating the BA line right now.

Sanguinor as a big centrepiece model? It could only become worse from the one use the Sanguinor has now, interrupting charges. :sweat: And why does everyone need a centrepiece model? I miss the days when fielding a marine army was about shooting and punching your enemies instead of flashy AoS-style models…

DC focus? Right, looking forward to losing an entire detachment just for some lame and unfluffy “all DC all the time” kind of rules instead of exploring more interesting play styles for our faction. 

A SG refresh, while probably looking absolutely amazing, sounds like it could turn out like the DA robed guys with AP-1 swords. not that SG are wildly competitive right now. :laugh:

Based on the releases we’ve seen, I have little trust in GW in getting it “right”. 

14 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Somewhat indirect but GW have just published the photos for the new Night Lords sprues. That probably helps calibrate our expectations for any future BA sprues. Lots of shoulder pads and helmets seems a given with a sprinkling of distinctive weapons and a unique torso.

Mf58vLIZQPSj2jN9.jpg0gTEfgBwRNse4NfQ.jpg

Your future upgrades would have same volume as BT/DA ones, bigger than this NL one.

9 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Tbh if upgrade sprues are primarily shoulders and heads I will never buy an individual upgrade sprue.

what I would need to see to feel like they’re worth it is a body sprue

1 set of tacticus shoulders

1 set gravis shoulders

1 set terminator shoulders

2 gravis torsos

2 tacticus torsos

2 terminator torsos

a weapon sprue

2 shields

1 fist

1 encarmine style power weapon

1 priest style chainsword

2-3 SG style pistols/guns.

Then GW would be glad to deliver a £40 price tag? 

On 4/4/2024 at 12:06 PM, SnorriSnorrison said:

I’m hopefully pessimistic about a new BA release, as in I am not looking forward to GW updating the BA line right now.

Sanguinor as a big centrepiece model? It could only become worse from the one use the Sanguinor has now, interrupting charges. :sweat: And why does everyone need a centrepiece model? I miss the days when fielding a marine army was about shooting and punching your enemies instead of flashy AoS-style models…

DC focus? Right, looking forward to losing an entire detachment just for some lame and unfluffy “all DC all the time” kind of rules instead of exploring more interesting play styles for our faction. 

A SG refresh, while probably looking absolutely amazing, sounds like it could turn out like the DA robed guys with AP-1 swords. not that SG are wildly competitive right now. :laugh:

Based on the releases we’ve seen, I have little trust in GW in getting it “right”. 

I agree on the subject of the DC detachment.

i am looking forward to a cool angelic center piece model. Even when sanguinor first released I thought his pose was lame.

i am also concerned that SG’s encarmine weapons might end up sucking. I’d like to see A4 S6 AP-2 D2 I’d also swap an AP for an extra damage

I’m am kinda hoping their angelus bolters at least go up to 20”

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 8:18 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I agree on the subject of the DC detachment.

i am looking forward to a cool angelic center piece model. Even when sanguinor first released I thought his pose was lame.

i am also concerned that SG’s encarmine weapons might end up sucking. I’d like to see A4 S6 AP-2 D2 I’d also swap an AP for an extra damage

I’m am kinda hoping their angelus bolters at least go up to 20”

I mean if the dude is done well and not primarch sized, then I’m all for it! I just feel that GW don’t do big models well anymore and I blame AoS (I also don’t like the system, admittedly). The sigmarines have had too much influence and are basically fantasy primaris at this point and aesthetically the same for me. Meaning, I’d prefer anything over a style similar to that.

My worry would be that GW decides to give us the winged Sigmarine Yndrasta but basically as the Sanguinor, that would be too flashy for me already. :sweat:

SG would require a full re-write at this point.

T5, 3 wounds and/or a 5+++ and S6/-2/2D and 2+ WS on melee weapons, and the boltguns getting both pistol and assault with 18” range would be a start. Then, you gotta combine the two rules they have now into one, remove the warlord restriction and add it back to the second special rule, whatever may that be - better morale, extra attacks, re-roll to wounds…

at that point, they’re worth the points your paying unless you encounter-1D profiles. Which is why they wouldn’t be more expensive than 35 points per model after all. 
But that isn’t about the rumoured new models. :whistling: