The strange thing is they have a Catachan Colonel and Sergeant already in the wild; I can’t imagine they don’t have a squad of regular catachans printed and waiting to go. Why not just release everything they have in one wave when the guard codex does drop?

Elysians coming back is probably the biggest marker for disbelief as a former Forge World range. If they ever do, it'll probably be as something like "Astra Militarum Helljumpers" in the same way they did the Veteran Guardsmen kit.

Still, I wouldn't be against it either.

2 hours ago, tinpact said:

Elysians coming back is probably the biggest marker for disbelief as a former Forge World range. If they ever do, it'll probably be as something like "Astra Militarum Helljumpers" in the same way they did the Veteran Guardsmen kit.

Still, I wouldn't be against it either.

The Krieg squad is called out as Krieg in the Index and the 9th edition codex. I'm pretty sure the Veteran Guardsman box is named such because it is a Kill Team box, and the Veteran Guardsman team is supposed to represent any regiment 

8 minutes ago, sitnam said:

The Krieg squad is called out as Krieg in the Index and the 9th edition codex. I'm pretty sure the Veteran Guardsman box is named such because it is a Kill Team box, and the Veteran Guardsman team is supposed to represent any regiment 

That said, "Militarum Helljumpers" would be a suitable name for a Killteam Kit

7 minutes ago, Cleon said:

I can believe Elysians, but I would bet they will be released for kill team before the codex drops if they are real.

This is a probability that should not be discarded. In fact it is for me the only sound way that might make it plausible. 

43 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Valrak said it’s not Elysians it’s scions, which means what this guy is looking at are Scions close enough to the Elysian look someone mistook them for Elysians. 

That logic only works if Valrak is right which he frequently isn't.

Still these leaks sounds like solid 4chan fodder.  As nice as the idea of the regimental advisors getting plastic models would be.

19 minutes ago, Nova-V said:

Still these leaks sounds like solid 4chan fodder.  As nice as the idea of the regimental advisors getting plastic models would be.

Don't know, lately his sources have been on fire. We'll find out either way soon enough (like next week if kill team is GSC v Votann)

4 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

I can believe new models for death korps or catachans, but for Elysaisns nope:no:

Elysian Killteam was rumoured a long time ago already and considering the Krieg box was originally a kill team I wouldn't be so sure.

2 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Valrak said it’s not Elysians it’s scions, which means what this guy is looking at are Scions close enough to the Elysian look someone mistook them for Elysians. 

I heard this too but I'll hold till they actually show the unit although it does fit better with killteams release pattern that one set is new one is an upgrade sprue wich and this new rumour says hotshot volley guns wich isn't very elysian is it. Yeah prolly scions. They could really use a new unit.

1 hour ago, Nova-V said:

He’s been right about each major release since chaos bikes

28 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

He’s been right about each major release since chaos bikes

Didn't we have the "Season of flyers" Kill Team rumours too, though depends how you weigh his weighting of the rumours and leaks he gets.

I wouldn't say "Blitzkrieg" is necessarily an instant disqualifier. The word itself refers to rapid decisive strikes in single concentrated fronts that the enemy cannot react to (very effective against France's doctrine of a spread out wall of fortifications, infantry and formidable but slow tanks) and is still widely used, and "Blitz" isn't unheard of in GW's lexicon- the Blitza-bommer, for instance, is a unit. To be honest, I think the most likely reason for Blitzkrieg not being used in rules is because it might cause confusion with the planet of Krieg existing.

Not to say this leak is real (though I don't think 4chan as a source rules it out- Cursed City was first leaked there and Louise Sudgen of Rogue Hobbies fame started out as a regular ca/tg/irl) but I'd say we should take it with a grain of salt rather than dismiss it outright.

Scions could tie into the upcoming Agents release as well, so who knows if and how they could be released. Perhaps a squad of five regular scions and five jump scions as part of a kill team release. Regardless of whether elysians are in the pipeline or not, I do think our best chance of new regiments is them being released as specific units rather than general alternatives to cadians i.e. Krieg veterans and Attilan Rough Riders. If those specific units then sell well they can expand the regiments range with the generic stuff e.g. command squads etc. At least that's the pattern we're likely seeing with Krieg, although the rumours are pointing towards engineers or equivalent which would simply continue the trend of unique units. Guard getting more deep strike units via Elysians would be an interesting way to give the army more options both in terms of gameplay and appearance so I hope it comes to fruition one day regardless of this rumour. 

9 hours ago, Tastyfish said:

Didn't we have the "Season of flyers" Kill Team rumours too, though depends how you weigh his weighting of the rumours and leaks he gets.

That's apparently set for next season/edition after the Votann vs GSC

19 hours ago, Tastyfish said:

People getting wire crossed, I said heard rumours about Scions with Jump packs, I've heard rumours about Swooping Hawks etc, I suggested that they could be put into a Kill Team box that takes to the air. I actually do think they will be a thing with some stuff I've been hearing about rumoured new Kill Team rules, all I focus on is the model side of the game, that what gives me the most fun, rules always change :)

I don't really care if people think I'm always wrong or right, though it is quite hilarious when people comment about me even though they don't watch my stuff :laugh:

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

On 3/17/2024 at 6:57 PM, Chapter Master Valrak said:

I said heard rumours about Scions with Jump packs, I've heard rumours about Swooping Hawks etc, I suggested that they could be put into a Kill Team box that takes to the air

Didn't you also hear Vespid? That's four NEW killteams there, so four boxes and four existing flying units with uprgade sprues to go against them. Flying season makes sense to me.

37 minutes ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

Didn't you also hear Vespid? That's four NEW killteams there, so four boxes and four existing flying units with uprgade sprues to go against them. Flying season makes sense to me.

One logic doubtful point is: most existed kill team box include 10 guys, to match the scale of a kill team game.  But fly infantry products in recent years usually include…only 5 models.

2 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

One logic doubtful point is: most existed kill team box include 10 guys, to match the scale of a kill team game.  But fly infantry products in recent years usually include…only 5 models.

And Scouts have always been sold and marketed in squads of 5... Until Kill Team. Plus most fly units that come in squads of 5 can be taken in squads of 10 so I really don't think that's a point against the theory, sorry.

1 hour ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

And Scouts have always been sold and marketed in squads of 5... Until Kill Team. Plus most fly units that come in squads of 5 can be taken in squads of 10 so I really don't think that's a point against the theory, sorry.

Same with the Striking scorpions being sold by 10 for Kill Team (even in standalone boxes), with 2 times 3 sprues