Siege of Vraks by Steve Lyons

OH HO! That looks exciting! I don't know if I am failing at reading comprehension this morning, but I don't see any hint at a release date?

Also, I'd love for this to be the marketing lead in for more DKoK, and maybe even Vraks-era Chaos in plastic kits? I know that I was getting squared up to really start participating in the hobby around the time the Siege of Vraks stuff was all over the Forge World site, so the nostalgia drive is warming up.

Steve has some scaling and non-sensical organizational things in his novels that break the immersion for me. Hopefully this sticks as closely to the way the Death Korps were presented in Vraks in completely away from the way they’ve been written about everywhere else. 

Love the cover.

I loved Dead Men Walking when it came out. Wasn't as mad about his second Krieg novel a decade later. I'm not sure if it wasn't as good or I've changed in the intervening years. 

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Steve has some scaling and non-sensical organizational things in his novels that break the immersion for me. Hopefully this sticks as closely to the way the Death Korps were presented in Vraks in completely away from the way they’ve been written about everywhere else. 

You expect Lyons to stay away from how he himself has written DK?

1 hour ago, Ammonius said:

OH HO! That looks exciting! I don't know if I am failing at reading comprehension this morning, but I don't see any hint at a release date?

Also, I'd love for this to be the marketing lead in for more DKoK, and maybe even Vraks-era Chaos in plastic kits? I know that I was getting squared up to really start participating in the hobby around the time the Siege of Vraks stuff was all over the Forge World site, so the nostalgia drive is warming up.

Just a vague "Later this year" towards the end of the article.

6 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Maybe, but he nails the core Krieg thematics imho. I'd rather have what you speak of than the soullesness of most Sisters novels.

6 hours ago, Lay said:

I hope it's good. The forge world books were the genesis of the Death Korps as we know it

I love the Forge World books, so this has me hyped out of my :cuss:ing mind. The fact that Tyborc is going to be the "main" character makes me speculate which parts of the siege are going to be covered.
So much could happen!

Will we see the fall of the Citadel? Will we see the Lord Inquisitor Hector Rex make a cameo? Will we see the Red Scorpions show up in Black Library for the very first time? (And no, that turncoat Oneius Prayd rearing his head in Huron's book doesn't count) Will wee see companion Krieg releases when the novel is out?

The Siege of Vraks is to this day my favorite series from FW. Alan Bligh did such an amazing job approaching the series from the stance of an historical military writer that it breathed so much life into the story. I’m curious to see what they add to the setting and how they handle it overall. 

5 minutes ago, DuskRaider said:

The Siege of Vraks is to this day my favorite series from FW. Alan Bligh did such an amazing job approaching the series from the stance of an historical military writer that it breathed so much life into the story. I’m curious to see what they add to the setting and how they handle it overall. 

What parts did Kinrade write and what parts were Bligh?

From what the credits read Warwick Kinrade was the main author on 9 out of the 14 IA volumes.
That's why I find it a little strange when only Bligh's name gets brought up.
I usually don't bring up the point out of respect for Bligh, but it also feels wrong that Kinrade never rarely ever gets a mention. Like "Bligh did such an amazing job" on a book "written by Warwick Kinrade"

39 minutes ago, DuskRaider said:

I saw someone on Youtube recount the tale of Vraks. One of 40K´s most epic campaigns for sure.

1 hour ago, The Scorpion said:

Will we see the fall of the Citadel? Will we see the Lord Inquisitor Hector Rex make a cameo? Will we see the Red Scorpions show up in Black Library for the very first time? (And no, that turncoat Oneius Prayd rearing his head in Huron's book doesn't count) Will wee see companion Krieg releases when the novel is out?

I really, really hope the novel isn't just following the Death Korps's perspective. There are so many sidestories worth exploring, especially on the Chaos side where things were clearly rushed towards the end of the trilogy (Deacon Mamon's ascension to Daemonhood practically happens off-screen)

Edited by Lay

14 hours ago, Orion said:

What parts did Kinrade write and what parts were Bligh?

Yeah, that’s a good question and I guess his biggest contribution was the conclusion which I was not aware of. In any case, it’s an amazing series and it reads like the old WWII books that my grandfather had recounting some of the battles and tactics used.