April's free mini of the month is a Deathwing Knight!

Warhammer Community article

MotM Apr01 Mini

Available from April 6th. While stocks last and the one you recieve "may differ from the one pictured" I believe they've said that before but I don't know how much models people picked up actually differed. I feel like this one would be a great one to pick up for Dark Angels players obvious but Black Templar too or any marine player who wants a base for a fancy Terminator kit-bash. 

2 hours ago, CL_Mission said:

I believe they've said that before but I don't know how much models people picked up actually differed.

IIRC, that's the language they use when it's an "out of the box" model as opposed to the occasional MotM that comes as a dedicated single-model sprue.

I'll be getting in as early as possible to get one without the DA chest eagle, it should work really well as a base for a Terminator Ancient...

Edited by Anticontrarian

7 hours ago, CL_Mission said:

Warhammer Community article

MotM Apr01 Mini

Available from April 6th. While stocks last and the one you recieve "may differ from the one pictured" I believe they've said that before but I don't know how much models people picked up actually differed. I feel like this one would be a great one to pick up for Dark Angels players obvious but Black Templar too or any marine player who wants a base for a fancy Terminator kit-bash. 

They should have chosen a Khorne berserker. At least that guy could have been an immersive, lore-friendly easter bunny.

Hey guys this might sound stupid, but anyone know where the GW stores in CT are?

every time I google it, I just get every store selling GW product.

this would be worth a decent drive for conversion fodder.

nvm, google finally decided to be helpful

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

GW also has a store finder on their site (Good luck), that specifically highlights closest GW store.

Another good idea is to search "Games Workshop" in the map function of Google directly; usually brings you to closest actual GW store as opposed to if you search something like "Warhammer".

With a tiny bit of work to remove the shoulder icon, this translates to me as “terminator captain…” 

I’ve never picked one of the free models up before - is there a catch? Like are they “free” if you buy something else etc. or are they actually free?

Edited by TheArtilleryman

I have never been able to get a mini of the month - they are always out of stock by the time I can make it into a store.

Admittedly I usually only get in the following Wednesday so it has been a few days but even on the very rare days I am in on release day they seem to already have gone out of stock.

I would happily go in for this one on the day but am not prepared to pay travel or parking on the off chance I will get one.

12 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

GW also has a store finder on their site (Good luck), that specifically highlights closest GW store.

Another good idea is to search "Games Workshop" in the map function of Google directly; usually brings you to closest actual GW store as opposed to if you search something like "Warhammer".

I was searching games workshop near me, and it just showed everything lol

4 hours ago, TheArtilleryman said:

With a tiny bit of work to remove the shoulder icon, this translates to me as “terminator captain…” 

I’ve never picked one of the free models up before - is there a catch? Like are they “free” if you buy something else etc. or are they actually free?

My one time doing I took my gf and got 2 seraphon.

just handed us the boxes and off we went.

If I manage to get one it'll form the basis of a chaplain I think. Was going to get the levi captain, but a free DWK will work much better. 

On 4/2/2024 at 6:52 PM, TheArtilleryman said:

Just walk in and ask for this months free model, no purchase required. Some stores will give you the sprue or box of bits to take away, some stores provide tools and make you build it in-store. Some stores will have a back supply of previous models (at least mine does), and will provide you with one of those if the current month's model has run out.

Edited by Grotsmasha

40 minutes ago, Grotsmasha said:

Can confirm its a single model sprue, and not split from a larger box.

That's surprising, is it comparable to one of the possible builds in the actual kit, or is it an entirely new pose?

Everything Brother Grotsmash says is true.

It's 1 specially-made sprue, to be given away.  You know sometimes the free-mini-of-the-month is like the Warhammer Store manager cutting away at an existing boxset?  This isn't that, it's like a nice, complete sprue in and of itself, like the free intro Intercessor.

The 2 arms are pose-able.  I was confused at 1st, there's a hole in the arms that suggest it joins to a peg on the torso?  There's no peg, so you can twist the arms up and down.  Only a power sword and shield option.  Legs look like they're fixed.

There's the big shield, then 3 little shields.  1 little shield for the shoulder, the other 2 on the sides of the waist/hips.

Only 1 head.  Looks like a Grey Knight's.  That's kinda cool.

Edited because I'm no longer typing on the phone.

Edited by N1SB