No Gods, No Masters: Blackshield Tactica

Dagoth Ur

2 hours ago, thenemeanreaver said:

In the Legion Trait section found on page 131 physical and 151 digitally (Lmao), there is the rule "A Terrible Purpose" that then states "A detachment with the Blackshields faction may not use Rites of War". It's kinda strange that they felt the need to clarify that they can't use legion rites of wars and then clarify "we also mean no rites at all", but that's Jimmy Workshop rules writing for you.

Damn I missed that, thanks for clarifying! Really sucks, I don't think it would have been too much to use generic ROWs.

I'm planning to use the Blackshields rules to make a warband of red-marked Ultramarines. My goal with my Heresy collection is to keep everything (for now atleast) thematically linked to the Ultramarines legion. Blackshields lets me build a thematic force with tactics and wargear I can't play using the Ultramarines, but by painting them as red-marked I can borrow vehicles from the main force.

I am stuck on oaths at the moment. I'm currently thinking of Panolopy of Old with Imperial Fists as an opportunity to convert some shield bearing terminators as well as deepstriking them. But currently stuck on what else (though @thenemeanreaver's idea of Deathlock Seeker Squads sounds potentially fun!)

14 hours ago, Casual Heresy said:

I'm planning to use the Blackshields rules to make a warband of red-marked Ultramarines. My goal with my Heresy collection is to keep everything (for now atleast) thematically linked to the Ultramarines legion. Blackshields lets me build a thematic force with tactics and wargear I can't play using the Ultramarines, but by painting them as red-marked I can borrow vehicles from the main force.

I am stuck on oaths at the moment. I'm currently thinking of Panolopy of Old with Imperial Fists as an opportunity to convert some shield bearing terminators as well as deepstriking them. But currently stuck on what else (though @thenemeanreaver's idea of Deathlock Seeker Squads sounds potentially fun!)

It's telling that the Imperial Fists are so good that Ultramarine players wanna steal their wargear ;)

6 hours ago, thenemeanreaver said:

It's telling that the Imperial Fists are so good that Ultramarine players wanna steal their wargear ;)

I mean we already did it to the Iron Warriors…

Also one conversion project it provides is to kitbash Suzerain style terminators with shields. 

I am also tempted to convert Thiel for the commander. Think a halo blade and one of the warlord traits would be a faithful representation. 

Falax blades already having duelists edge plus the extra initiative definitely pretty awesome, would mean your vets/despoilers are hitting before characters 

tbf they are THE caedere weapon to take this edition

Just keep in mind the oaths don’t apply to your own characters

Edited by Heir of Sigismund