Terrax pattern Termite Assault Drill

LdRE1a3VlL7Clsyz.jpg

WarCom Article.

Most importantly, Heresy Thursday will be going on hiatus for a few months, aligning with the dates from last year (13.04.2023 to 06.07.2023).

And finally, this will be the last instalment of Heresy Thursday for a few months, while we turn our focus to the Mortal Realms. Our regular Thursday feature will return later in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

And finally, this will be the last instalment of Heresy Thursday for a few months, while we turn our focus to the Mortal Realms. Our regular Thursday feature will return later in the summer.

Sooo, are the melee weapon upgrades getting shown off in a reveal show then??? When is the next one? And I guess Mechanicum is a few more months off too? Although that is less surprising.

On topic. Mad respect to whoever painted the hazard stripes on those! They must be tiny.

From a rules/gameplay perspective, potentially how different would these be to Drop Pods?

I'm assuming they deepstrike? In the same way? 

I guess they have no weapons and can't take dreadnoughts, unlike Drop Pods 

This is purely an economical question, lol.

They look like they will be better value financially but will they be completely different?

Asking as a newbie with no experience using Termites in either Heresy or Epic.

Edit: turns out it helps if I read the article.....

Edited by StraightSilver
Stupidity

16 minutes ago, ThaneOfTas said:

Sooo, are the melee weapon upgrades getting shown off in a reveal show then??? When is the next one? And I guess Mechanicum is a few more months off too? Although that is less surprising.

Normally there is one in May as part of Warhammer Fest/Day of Fun, but that has been cancelled this year so maybe they'll just have an online one?

From the note at the bottom it seems the rules for these will be in another book. I've not bought into LI yet and at this point I'm not sure I will. It's only been out 6 months and rules are already spread across multiple books and half the stuff is still unavailable. It's a shame as I love the idea of it but the way it's been rolled out means it's just not caught on at all in my area.

I do love these little drills though. Very cute.

From the article:

"the forthcoming Subterranean Assault formation.*"

"* You may have registered that rules for the Termite aren’t available either in the main rulebook or in The Great Slaughter – hopefully you can put two and two together here! "

My counting isn't so good; so is this implying a further Book is on its way in the near term, or something else?

Mostly avoiding the temptation to be cynical in response to GW's rhetorical flourish, I really hope the implied subsequent expansion contains a complete list – or at least compiles everything released thus far. Lugging three hardback books around to a game is daft, particularly if you're only planning to use one or two units from each expansion.

There’s still plenty to come from Warhammer: The Horus Heresy and Warhammer: Legions Imperialis, both of which are still fully planned and supported, and more releases are scheduled in the second half of this year.

That rather implies that the Leman Russ Strike Squadron, Predators, Bike box etc. are not immediately forthcoming. Wonder what the reason for that is? Consolidating for another shot at a launch?

Happily, my cynicism is largely dispelled by cool tiny Termites. Lovely little models, and should offer more interesting modelling and tactical approaches. Deep striking, then moving and firing in subsequent turns seems a neat niche.

Edited by apologist

We're looking at a third supplement book releasing within about 6-8 months of the game's launch. Pretty much the definition of chopping up a product to pad out future releases; that's an extra $100 cad for rules, and that's the digital version price. 

And arguably more importantly, these aren't interesting. Marines got a transport (their 7th) that can deepstrike (their 2nd). Their gimmick is that they can deepstrike, move, and even keep their guys embarked over the pod. But that's it? There's only so many ways to ask you to cram a tactical squad into a transport, and the rhino is already a  fantastic unit that moves 18" a turn. Why not give them to solar aux, and balance out the marine deepstrike a bit? 

Can't wait for the dreadclaw and kharibdys next lol.

19 minutes ago, apologist said:

Mostly avoiding the temptation to be cynical in response to GW's rhetorical flourish, I really hope the implied subsequent expansion contains a complete list – or at least compiles everything released thus far. Lugging three hardback books around to a game is daft, particularly if you're only planning to use one or two units from each expansion.

That rather implies that the Leman Russ Strike Squadron, Predators, Bike box etc. are not immediately forthcoming. Wonder what the reason for that is? Consolidating for another shot at a launch?

I'm reading this as "new" releases, i.e. stuff we haven't seen yet. Them not releasing the basic starter set items in the next month or so would be abysmal and consolidate my feelings that they've had like a warehouse fire or a shipping accident and are now trying to get enough stock cast to make up for it. 

2 hours ago, arnesh88 said:

I saw the model, and every fiber of my being was excited until I saw it was for LI.

Don't get me wrong, LI is really neat. Would have loved some plastics for my Salamanders.

And to think this was Heresy Thursday's last hurrah...

Can't disagree with the rules padding comment, @SkimaskMohawk. I really dislike the practice, so I've skipped buying The Great Slaughter – I'm half-expecting, half-hoping that there'll eventually be a consolidated army list to bookend releases, as for Adeptus Titanicus.

I'll also agree that these aren't the most exciting release in terms of expanding the options (though, for what it's worth, I do rather like the models :)).

26 minutes ago, Matcap86 said:

I'm reading this as "new" releases, i.e. stuff we haven't seen yet. Them not releasing the basic starter set items in the next month or so would be abysmal and consolidate my feelings that they've had like a warehouse fire or a shipping accident and are now trying to get enough stock cast to make up for it. 

Ah. that'd make sense; good shout. Since this is apparently heralding a new supplement including the Subterranean Assault Formation, it's probably okay to assume there'll be some other releases alongside it.

Chaosbunker did a great rundown of what's currently missing from the Legions Astartes when compared with the 40k-scale Age of Darkness list – perhaps we'll see some of the below.

• Infantry
    • Close Combat Terminators
    • Destroyer Squads
    • Breacher Squad
    • Recon Squad
    • Scout Squad
    • Seeker Squad
  • Transports
    • Dreadclaw Drop Pod
    • Kharybdis Assault Claw
  • Vanguard
    • Sabre Tanks
  • Armour/Artillery
    • Predator (Flamestorm Cannon, Plasma, Hvy Conversion, Magna-Melta, Graviton, Volkie, Neutron Blaster)
    • Sicaran Arcus
    • Sicaran Venator
    • Sicaran Punisher
    • Vindicator
    • Whirlwind Scorpius
    • Arquitors
    • Damocles Rhino
  • Superheavy Armour
    • Cerberus
    • Typhon
    • Glaive
    • Fellblade
    • Falchion
    • Mastodon
  • Flyer
    • Sokar Stormbird

2 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Jesus I didn’t realise it was that long between the Dire Wolf announcement and release. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

It returned the first week of July, to announce the plastification of the Dire Wolves

Doesn't seem like a terribly long wait, I'm just concerned we haven't seen plastic melee weapons, and with Warhammer Fest being canceled (I think?) I'm not sure how or when we will...

2 minutes ago, utahraptor232 said:

Doesn't seem like a terribly long wait, I'm just concerned we haven't seen plastic melee weapons, and with Warhammer Fest being canceled (I think?) I'm not sure how or when we will...

There’s no in person Warhammerfest this year, but I imagine they’ll do some online thing at a similar time. Warhammerfest was where they showed Leviathan last year and they need to show the AoS box somewhere. 

22 minutes ago, utahraptor232 said:

They still revealed Heresy stuff at events and on Mondays, it just wasn't a weekly thing. I reckon there'll be a Online Fanfest sometime in early May. 

That copy/paste image of the drill doesn’t show it off very well does it!

Glad to see the range filling out but not got a lot of affection for the termites. 8 to  box is a nice number though, one box would be enough for most people.

Sad that it’s the last Heresy Thursday in a while, it’s currently the only content on Warcom I look forward to. Hopefully forthcoming events will bring some interesting reveals. Am hoping for some ‘only makes sense at Epic scale’ stuff we haven’t seen recently or even ever. Stuff like the Capitol Imperialis.