2 hours ago, Master Ciaphas said:

I am a fan of the 2nd ed models - so I am definitely grabbing me some of those Kommandos. Perhaps, one day, they will also do a MTO of the Snake Bites on Cyber-Boars :-D 

That would be pretty cool! I owned a smaller part of an Ork army, my buddy had more and the interesting stuff, mostly.. Along with some Boar Boyz and some Cyboars.. They had a massive charge range iirc? A bit random but damn, those and the Skorcha were absolute super lethal and in the skumgrod´s face right off..

I lovethose models but plastic and metal hybrids iirc? Would be cool but could also be fun converting with existing plastics?

2 hours ago, Master Ciaphas said:

I am a fan of the 2nd ed models - so I am definitely grabbing me some of those Kommandos. Perhaps, one day, they will also do a MTO of the Snake Bites on Cyber-Boars :-D 

You know, I do wonder if the 'old world' for 40k is, rather than Horus Heresy, a recreation of 2nd (and that era's rules and models) or early 3rd set in the centuries before the gathering storm, ie long before the 13th black crusade, or the Gothic war, or leviathan, or the third war for Armageddon, or other elements of 3rd which provided development on 2nd's more optimistic world. Could be a fascinating return to two (very) different forms of 40k 

Yeah - I liked the more static setting with look-backs and exploring unmentioned things rather than massive changes moving forward. You need that - give us a setting and we do what we want with it!

The Third War for Armageddon was cool though.. But you can have similar things without massive moves forward.

4 hours ago, grailkeeper said:

I ordered one of the Bretonnian Paladins from made to order at the end of January. It was sent to me on the 17th of this month (April) and arrived in my local GW on the 22nd. Weirdly it came from Lyon in France rather than somewhere in England, which was what I was expecting. 

Maybe GW uses recasters? :biggrin:

All their European orders go through Lyon now for Brexit related reasons.

A 2nd ed reprint would be massive, but im pretty sure Cursed city has put paid to card heavy products, especially if Underworlds goes :( 

Having played most of my games against Orks as a teenager (my best friend growing up played them), this hits some serious nostalgia buttons! I can't believe I never noticed the old-style Necron head on the Dreadnought's boss pole before! Gotta say, the Nobz are awesome. Also, with them bringing back Orcs in WFB, won't this open up a lot of options for 40k players? I know the modern Ork Boyz won't be as directly compatible with the WFB ones (whereas the plastic Orks and Orcs were pretty much interchangeable in lots of respects during the 2000s), this actually makes me really happy. Also the old metal dread is just such an iconic model (and sock-worthy, as many others have pointed out). I would recommend Ork players wear steel toed boots as well (which feels appropriate), because having one of those bad boyz falling on your toes is... unpleasant.

Those 3rd Ed Ork Boyz are still around, last time I checked. Their frames have been changed once or twice (shootas moulded with the hands and new a new command sprue as well for aexample). And they mix very well with the Orcs like you say. :)

I think it looks nice mixing in a few of those more feral bodies but at the very least more variant-heads. But also the shoppa-arms.

Are Snakebites or Feral Orks still around? A good way to make those

On 4/22/2024 at 12:39 PM, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

@01RTB01 Actually I've been in the hobby for 20 years. I just find these models look horrible personally. Nothing wrong with other people liking them at all though. We all like different things.

Fair and can agree there. 

I also agree with comments on here that the old metal nobs heads look better in some cases than the plastics.

I really wish Ghazghkul had been given a larger head too as it's so tiny compared to so many others. 

Ah well, the largest positive and hope is that we see more waves like this in the future with hopefully super old stuff.  Certainly gives hope for filling in collection gaps.

The kommandos seem to be at the leman russ price point.

The nobz mob same as the aethon sentinel.

made to order? more like made to go!

Similar with the tau made to order stuff as well, GW really needs to stop with this whole walls between any and ALL departments...this feels like these were planned by the model department who only got told the models got cut at the same time us hobyists did...