The Life Semi-Aquatic - A T'au Project

2 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

That is correct - and you'll need to take and post a picture of them in their current state (so, base coated) with your vow.

As for getting the paint into the mixing pot, I just pour it from the original container.  Then I pour the appropriate amount of the other colour, mix them, then add and mix as necessary to get the final colour.  Fortunately, my final colour (the armour colour for my chaos marines) is pretty simple - roughly 50/50 of two colours - and forgiving - when I say roughly, I mean very roughly - so this "guesstimate" level of paint mixing accuracy works for me.

Thats a nice purple you got there!

Looks Great!! , A Nice amount of Spot colour and it looks like a good shade of red for your purposes. 

I'd say a win !  although (this is just me so completely disregard it :laugh:) The red stripe on the Pad would also look good if you painted all the way to the side of the pad section you painted but that's just me looking at it that way though, The stripe itself looks great and it's well chipped too :thumbsup:

Are you following your own marking patterns etc , I know this suit is your test suit but I ask in relation to your commander, what colour head will he have (as technically it should be white) ??. 

Cheers, Mithril 

You know, I was thinking the stripe might look better wider too, I'll ponder.

For the coloring, I am thinking everyone gets a khaki head (though I might do a green stripe on the infantry like you've done with yours), but I'm open to ideas if there are lore rules around coloring.  But, then I'd need to pick yet another color after I agonized over the red lol.

Well, 

Generally T'AU follow this method for Markings.. 

SeptMarkings1.jpg.afafa30c03ac648c06fcde3797bf614a.jpg

The Squad Leader for fire warriors/Breachers/Pathfinders generally has a White Helmet or sensor vane For standard T'AU sept, but say Vior'La sept the Squad leader has a Red Helmet (it all depends on your Sept Colour Markings.

JoQaSBsh1.thumb.png.152f1903db2384b9440aeae50e712e55.png

as to Crisis Suits ... 

qC4mOfGl1.png.18a7086dd7432dab0007b579c33b1b9a.png

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++

But really, it comes down to what you'd like to do as well, like I did with my Breachers, the above stuff is a guide... 

Edited by MithrilForge

Hmm, so it seems like i should do something on the head in that red color.  I was thinking this model was the 'vre in the squad since he has all the iridium bits and the others have the normal heads.  I might put white decals on just the leaders of each squad and then red ones on the others to help them stand out.

Very Cool work ,

They're looking great!!. 

But I gotta ask, are you planning on playing in games at stores with these? as your loadouts are half Sunforge and half Fireknife... With GW's new loadout options on Crisis teams it's really fixed...  That is unless you plan to play them "this counts as that" etc.

Thanks for sharing new work,

Cheers, Mithril 

Oh ya, i know about the load outs.  I had to laugh when i opened up the crisis suit box and found you couldn't actually build the sunforge units, lol (only 4 fusion gun bits). So, I went with the two bits i liked the best. 

I play at home 99% of the time, but they'll be counts-as.  

Good to know on the crisis suit boxes :sweat:, if I build suits I’ll get two boxes and build two different teams from the combined weapons from both boxes, it’s a bit wrong though I think for GW to say “hey these are the only loadouts you’re allowed to build on your suits , but we haven’t included all the bits to build them though, sorry you’ll have to buy two boxes to build one team”… :dry:

Just came across this thread, fantastic work @Guiltysparc!

I really like your colour choices, muted but vibrant at the same time.

The metallics on the mechanical bits is not something you see often with T’au and I think I’ll use that on my own Crisis Suits!

Thanks for sharing!

It would seem that Lovers of Green have flocked to this topic :tongue: , I'm not going to lie, I already used green in my T'AU before but this has encouraged me to follow up on an idea I had for my new Fire warriors units (Call to Arms 2024 will reveal this) So thanks @Guiltysparc for encouraging me yet again through your own work :laugh: .

Really looking forward to seeing your army Finished !! 

* Also are you going to pledge a unit in the Call to Arms event ??... 

Cheers, Mithril