The Life Semi-Aquatic - A T'au Project

Great stuff ! :thumbsup: 

The red and Blue lenses do look good, Sure the blue is the best of the two but as you said the red adds a lil bit of interest and helps the blue stand out more !

There's so much to paint on these crisis suits, for their size it seems a lot more work than you initially think there will be :sweat: Glad to see you progressing through them !

Cheers, Mithril

Upon further review, i'm not loving the red...i'm going to try hitting with a dash of blue so its purple, the red tone is a little too light and purple-ification might make it better.  If i don't like that, i'm going to try Dr_Ruminahui's suggestion to do a bright green

@Guiltysparc - haha I know the feeling, you paint something and like it right then and there... but then you spend a day or two looking at it and then you change your mind :laugh:

Happy to see if the purple changes it up (sounds interesting!!) ... I hope it works out !! 

Cheers, Mithril

On 6/26/2024 at 10:12 PM, Guiltysparc said:

Neaely done with the bodies on these guys.  Did a couple red lights in with the blue, I... think I like it. I think the blue is the better color for sure, but having the red next to it adds a little interest...maybe...

20240626_164822.thumb.jpg.980a5473b58c139acbc00fd809419183.jpg

20240626_164827.thumb.jpg.c31cb757aab690de00a37bb381172a88.jpg

The blue lenses look good, fits with the colour palette, always gives a good guy vibe. 

The work continues, more or less finished with the bodies of the other two, just their wings left to do.

In other news, I didn't write down how I did the base on the test model, which means I just have thought it was so straightforward that I didn't need to write it down, spoilers, I forgot how I did it lol.  

I tried a couple different approaches on the other bases and didn't quite get it, I took some notes though and I think I'll be able to figure it out eventually. It's pretty close but not exact, enough to annoy me just a little though.

I really like the red now that I've done it on a couple of the models, I appreciate the feedback here that helped me go that direction.

20240703_161955.thumb.jpg.d0d0550ae40d82047ece869fdf7f49a3.jpg

20240703_162022.thumb.jpg.1e0f643d6584725c9220c688ed4b5f13.jpg

@Guiltysparc- as stated, amazing work :thumbsup:

I love all the colours used, looks great & the red was a great choice by the looks of it :wub: 

kinda sorry you forgot how you did your bases..(done stuff like that before myself), you think at the time “this is easy just these 3-4 colours, I won’t need to write it down at all …it’ll be fine” :facepalm:… 

Cheers, Mithril 

They look great :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Guiltysparc said:

I didn't write down how I did the base on the test model, which means I just have thought it was so straightforward that I didn't need to write it down ... I forgot how I did it lol

Always the way. :sad: