Mechanicum Battle Group & Plastification

31 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:

Do these Battlegroup boxes offer a saving over buying the individual contents? Or are they just a FOMO kinda deal?

The astartes one with mk iii, land raider, deredeo and special weapons sprue essentially gave you a free land raider. So, fomo and deal.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Zoatibix said:

Do these Battlegroup boxes offer a saving over buying the individual contents? Or are they just a FOMO kinda deal?

The Solar Auxilia Battle Group RRP'ed at £130, which worked out as a saving of £65 against the £195 of everything separately.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sitnam said:

Glad someone else thought so, I was kinda disappointed in the new Thallax, which were my old favorites. I think the red scheme doesn't do them favors compared to the clasaic brasa metallic

I'm not a HH or AdMech guy, BUT those Tech-Thralls could be a great base for a Nurgle Dark Mech kitbash. Maybe some zombie/pox walker parts?

Concur on the thallax. Too chunky & not lithe/alien(not xenos, but like "not at all imperium") looking enough compared the OG's.

They're not bad; proportions and redesign are just not my cup of tea.

Thralls and triaros though, hoo boy. Might finally pick up some thralls. Washing and prepping so many bodies kept me from ever getting thrall blobs for 1.0 or 2.0 use. (Done enough krieg and Solar Aux to last me a lifetime)

Edited by Dark Legionnare

The thralls are really cool, so much personality!

I hate to be that guy but it'd be nice if this stuff was coming to 40k too...you know like how it was planned once upon a time

Otherwise I'll need to find a way to proxy them as something!

2 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

Annoyingly far better looking than the 40k range lol

Hopefully these models do get some rules for 40k. I will not be investing in another HH army as my local scene isn't active enough.

GW have already stated they aren't.

I love how the new AdMech tech thralls actually look like they're shambling cyborg zombies. The way their legs are posed and stuff. 

Like brain dead servitors following simple programming. 

Some of the best sculpts I've ever seen that actually capture what they are. 

12/10 A++ for me.

2 hours ago, Robbienw said:

Fantastic set of kits.  Really brilliant.  

Only think I’m not a fan of is the shambling zombie style poses of the tech thralls.

I like the beefed up look of the Thallax compared to the resins.

30k releases are just blowing 40k stuff out of the water at the moment.  Superior.

I honestly think the Tech Thralls look FAR superior like this. It really captures what they are: Almost brain dead shambling zombie-like cyborgs following simple programming, slavering and drooling down their chins with all of their low motor control as a result of being servitorised. 

10/10 imho. 

1 hour ago, Nephaston said:

1716065930353491.png.36dea6478bbf6958aac4895b9fa6768b.png

Acutally it may be…good. It means you can acquire these models(with lower price than these expensive 40K admech boxes), use for kitbash/conversion/proxy, and needn't to worry about your works invalidated due to these units appearing in 40K themselves.

Posted (edited)

Yeah between the silly departmental rivalry and i think these days the 40k design team trying to cut the game into a more balanced shape for tournament gamers ahead of the rest of us id be really surprised to see 40k rules for 30k things even when it makes perfect sense.

Maybe if GW reconfigures some time down the line and returns to one coherent design studio? 

I did chuckle in the Necromunda section when they were talking about Spyrer suits being radically un-imperial to need extensive mutilation to use them right after Thallax got announced :D 

Edited by Noserenda

Really love the look of these! I got back into warhammer with Admech in 8e, I just love their style, and always wanted the HH robots, but they were a bit too expensive. Really excited to see them come to HH in plastic. I managed to resist getting Solar Aux for bow, but I think some Admech is in my future!

A lot more than I'd expected. They've done a phenomenal job translating these into plastic - I love the changes to the thralls in particular. Solar Auxilia didn't really interest me but it will be much harder to resist picking these up as a gateway to some allied Dark Mechanicum.

4 minutes ago, Marshal Loss said:

A lot more than I'd expected. They've done a phenomenal job translating these into plastic - I love the changes to the thralls in particular. Solar Auxilia didn't really interest me but it will be much harder to resist picking these up as a gateway to some allied Dark Mechanicum.

It’ll definitely be the start to my Xana force, Dark Mechanicum will be fun.

Hopefully the decal sheets have some variety for various Forge Worlds, or we get a separate decal sheet like Solar Auxilia have.

1 hour ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah between the silly departmental rivalry and i think these days the 40k design team trying to cut the game into a more balanced shape for tournament gamers ahead of the rest of us id be really surprised to see 40k rules for 30k things even when it makes perfect sense.

Maybe if GW reconfigures some time down the line and returns to one coherent design studio? 

I did chuckle in the Necromunda section when they were talking about Spyrer suits being radically un-imperial to need extensive mutilation to use them right after Thallax got announced :D 

I wish the models were interoperable between ranges, but if the departmental rivalry is what keeps HH priced competitively to 40K, I'll take it. The HH launch boxes are a much better deal than the 40K equivalents.

Only thing i don't like is the priest.

Mechanicum had a focussed aesthetic. It was a bit quirky and weird, but all the models felt like they belonged to the same faction. Very plain armour and weapons, some robes and mechandrites for priests, spindly vehicles with large cogs. 

Adeptus mechanicus is the faction where every aesthetic clashes, and the priest extremely just looks like he got repurposed from that with his Pope hat and filigreed weapons.