Mechanicum Battle Group & Plastification

Finally put together some of everything (except the Triaros) and things were not as bad as I'd feared.

The Thralls were no problem and the Thallax were not too bad except I still can't figure out what that first instruction panel is trying to tell me - It looks like legs with specific abdomen pieces but they all work the same....

The most difficult thing so far has been the Castellax but they are such a cool model and well worth the effort.

Triaros will get built at the end butnit looks like a similar build philosopy to the Spartan so not worried about that at all.

Finally put together some of everything (except the Triaros) and things were not as bad as I'd feared.

The Thralls were no problem and the Thallax were not too bad except I still can't figure out what that first instruction panel is trying to tell me - It looks like legs with specific abdomen pieces but they all work the same....

The most difficult thing so far has been the Castellax but they are such a cool model and well worth the effort.

Triaros will get built at the end butnit looks like a similar build philosopy to the Spartan so not worried about that at all.

How odd, I found the Castellax comparatively easy to put together compared to the Thralls. I think I will keep them in sub-assemblies when painting though. Lots of little nooks and crannies to pay attention to.

Is there a place where 40k rules exist for any of these models?

The way GW organizes their Legends can be confusing, but I'd have thought some of this would have 40k cards. I love that tank, and I'd but one if it had 40k rules I could use.

The robots are cool too.

Is there a place where 40k rules exist for any of these models?

The way GW organizes their Legends can be confusing, but I'd have thought some of this would have 40k cards. I love that tank, and I'd but one if it had 40k rules I could use.

The robots are cool too.

Pretty sure with the separation of Church and State, GW isnt making 40K rules for these.

Yes, I'll definitely pick up the priest.

Shame about the other stuff. Doesn't matter how good the rules are models are- a game without aliens isn't worth my money or my time. Give me a way to play them in a game with aliens, or leave'em on the shelf. What a waste.

Is there anything on the 40k tech priest dominus that is anachronistic to 30k? I already have one somewhere and I think I prefer it to the new Archmagos. 

Complaining and beseeching got us plastic Sisters and a Black Templars codex, they underestimated the popularity of Imperialis and Old World...its well worth a cammpaign especially for AdMech and Custodes

I would keep hope at a low level, if more popular factions weren't allowed a cross-over than there isn't much chance it'll work for those lower in the food chain.

On the other hand, if Space Marine players are suddenly allowed their HH exclusive toys again in 11th edition, then you can be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

So, just wondering , I havent followed all the news on the miniatures but what is the expectation for more Mechanicum models to be revealed after this wave?

Looking at the roadmap they announced , the only thing it actually seems to say for 2024 is "Mechanicum continues to deploy" and then 2025, all it says is tanks.

I also listened to Andy Hoare's interview but cannot quite make out from that if there will be more Mechanicum models this year. I am thinking for instance about models like Domitar, Ursurax, Scyllax etc. Thoughts?

On another note, all the automata look fantastic. The Thallax, Castellax and that Thanatar is just incredible looking, what a beast.

Edited by Taliesin

Yes, I'll definitely pick up the priest.

Shame about the other stuff. Doesn't matter how good the rules are models are- a game without aliens isn't worth my money or my time. Give me a way to play them in a game with aliens, or leave'em on the shelf. What a waste.

I reckon you could definitely run the Castellax as Kastelans. And with some gun swaps the Thallax could maybe pass as Kataphrons

So, just wondering , I havent followed all the news on the miniatures but what is the expectation for more Mechanicum models to be revealed after this wave?

Looking at the roadmap they announced , the only thing it actually seems to say for 2024 is "Mechanicum continues to deploy" and then 2025, all it says is tanks.

I also listened to Andy Hoare's interview but cannot quite make out from that if there will be more Mechanicum models this year. I am thinking for instance about models like Domitar, Ursurax, Scyllax etc. Thoughts?

On another note, all the automata look fantastic. The Thallax, Castellax and that Thanatar is just incredible looking, what a beast.

I think we'll likely see just a few more kits mostly based on the ones that have already been released so that sprues can be re-used.  The thanatar calix, karacnos (using the triaros), possibly ursurax (using the thallax legs sprue), and a krios (because of the new gun option in the new book).  The thanatar fits the "new weapons for walkers" (along with the other deredeo option), and the krios and karacnos fit the "new tanks" narrative.

I hope they restock all dice when they relaunch the edition next year. I also want containers to store my dice. That´s the reason why my IH dice are not unpacked. 

The packaging is definitely cheap now. My first lot of EC dice had a plastic case with them. Round 2 was just awful comparatively