Mechanicum Battle Group & Plastification

1 hour ago, Bouargh said:

Probably no discount I would bet...

I am more puzzled by the decals anounced. I do not remember any has been deisclosed so far, do they?

Mechanicum Macro-Constructs sheet with 394 decals, and two Mechanicum Construct sheets with 558 decals.*

Think it's just 'basic' transfer sheets they'll bundle in the various boxes, compared with the current Forge World Mechanicum sheet which will probably retain the fancier ones. 

40 minutes ago, Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf said:

I'm not interested in a Mechanicum army, so this box is not for me, but maybe I'll add a pair Castellax Battle-automata yo my Sons of Horus. I already transformed a Praevian,afterall.

Is a pair the minimum size for a unit or can you have just one? I’m converting a Praevian myself, might need to keep an eye on eBay …

According to Auspex Tactics the Mechanicum Battlegroup will be $210 / £125 / 160€ which is surprisingly cheap as its less than the SA Battlegroup and that one was before the price increase.

The Knight Battelgroup is $310 which would be around £190 / 245€ so about 26% discount or one of the two knights at half price

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

According to Auspex Tactics the Mechanicum Battlegroup will be $210 / £125 / 160€ which is surprisingly cheap as its less than the SA Battlegroup and that one was before the price increase.

That would be nice. I budgeted the SA battlegroup plus a bit so if it's under that I will be happy.

8 hours ago, Matrindur said:

The Knight Battelgroup is $310 which would be around £190 / 245€ so about 26% discount or one of the two knights at half price

1 hour ago, Dwango said:

GeeDub prices. There will be a %off from flags. 

IMG-20240729-WA0001.jpg

Seems like the Auspex prices weren't 100% correct but £130 for the Mechanicum Battlegroup is more in line what I would have expected. Still £5 cheaper would  have been nice oh well

Edited by Matrindur

Posted (edited)

Somehow I expected the Knight Battle Group to be around £175 given how the boxes pushing closer to £200 are often bigger savings. £35 saving isn't bad, but even as somebody who loves the Castigator models it's not enough to make me run out and buy it for the savings when the Acheron is unlikely to see much use beyond looking pretty on the shelf.

3 hours ago, Burni said:

So does that mean the cards are available from FLGS this time around?

The Great Slaughter cards were last time around, they just had very limited stock of them. Most places only got 1-2 packs.

Edited by Lord Marshal

39 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Somehow I expected the Knight Battle Group to be around £175 given how the boxes pushing closer to £200 are often bigger savings. £35 saving isn't bad, but even as somebody I loves the Castigator models it's not enough to make me run out and buy it for the savings when the Acheron is unlikely to see much use beyond looking pretty on the shelf.

You might have a mistake in your calculation here, its £60 savings as Cerastus Knights are £125 each normally. 

Still not really worth it if you don't want both knights but that would have been the case anyway

Edited by Matrindur

Just some food for thought. I know the knights in here aren't AS popular as say a lancer. But with the savings, it MIGHT be worth it to just pick up the lancer parts on ebay or something, while still getting the majority of the model for a good deal. This is a fairly big MIGHT but something to consider

27 minutes ago, No Foes Remain said:

That Iron Hand scheme by Harley is great, I am going to be stealing that for a potential IH force down the line. I also quite like Andy's Ultramarine blue and may borrow that as well.

Yeah I’ve always wanted to copy that oily look and that sounds like a simple way to do so

44 minutes ago, No Foes Remain said:

Indeed, the old FW scheme was great but too much mixing various paints for my liking.

Cult of Paint did an IH one recently that gave the oily look, it was a few contrast paints over golds which seemed much easier than messing with the old Tamiya scheme